Post Thanks / Like

~*Leather and Dashboard*~ Time for a change

I have used all Lexol product in past, tired of em want to replace them and need your thoughts. Aside from the leather cleaner, unless there is something some one thinks is AMAZING!

1)What are you favoite leather conditioners, based on smell , and leather feel after/protection ? Working on BMW grey and Mercedes.So want it too have supple but some added darkness/depth when you condition (hope that make sense)

2) What do you use for Dashboard, doors etc. the Vinal/ trim around the car. I like some shine tell its been cleaned, slight matte. Maybe 3-5 shine I think. (hard for me to gauge what would you rate armorol? So any thoughts for Leather and Vinyl

My experiences with lector products
    LEXOL
    -The cleaner is decent product.
    - The Conditioner isn`t the best smelling, and can leave seats a slightly too shiny, slippery if you don`t buff off early on. There times I actually like the look, just not the slippery feel I`d rather a mid shine, supple look.
    -The Vinlyex smells pretty funky( I have sensitive nose, not bad just not good. ) is ok compared to armorol I guess. Has medium shine can buff for less. Only problem I found some time hard to get real uniform shine, find small spots in the sun where it just didn`t apply uniformly

Thank you again for your help its greatly appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ~*Leather and Dashboard*~ Time for a change

Sonax leather foam, nice matte finish, not slippery at all, and leaves a nice clean smell
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using CG Leather Cleaner for a couple years. Cheap, no scent. Dilutes up to 1:6 which is all I have ever used it since I haven`t encountered any really nasty leather yet. Used it on Benz once that I thought had tan seats...turned out they were ivory.
    DSC08155.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

For vinyl I`d recommend CarPro Perl. Amazing stuff and very long lasting. Perl is an acronym for Plastic, Engine, Rubber and Leather. It can be diluted down to 4:1 for dashboards and other interior vinyl but you can use your own ratio to get the level of shine/matte you want.

I used it full strength on all the exterior plastic on an older Ford Escape and that bumpy plastic went from really old looking gray to brand new black. It`s held up for 3 weeks so far and it`s still looking really good and friends have commented on how good the DD looks.

Anyway, it`s quite a product so give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

On all my vinyl I`ve been using Poor Boys Natural Look for years. It leaves a great matte finish with low gloss and pretty much leaves everything nice to the touch. Not shiny at all so it may not be for you.

As far as leather, Griots Leather Care is my go to product. I`ve used it on my 2006 G35X for almost ten years and the seats still look great. I love the way the product goes on and leaves a no shine finish. Plus it smells great.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaino leather cleaner and their separate leather conditioner always work great..
    Spinneybeck leather conditioner is a perfect, neutral smell, cleaner and conditioner that really works great too.
    Spinneybeck makes more hides for the industry than anyone else, and recommended their product to me 14 years ago to use on my new BMW 3Series Leather..
    I still buy it and use it in the Shop all the time..
    There are many, many, choices above and all are great as well.
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

For leather care check out Leather Cleaning & Restoration Products | Leather Doctor. Roger Koh is a world-renowned expert on leather care and his leather care products and kits are top shelf and priced accordingly. The best is never inexpensive (AKA, cheap).

Another leather care option is Leatherique`s Rejuvenating Oil and Prestine Clean, but is a slow process that requires time and heat for the rejuvenating oil to work properly. However the two-step process results are phenomenal on older, dirty leather.

On daily drivers, I clean coated leather with Woolite soap and leave the leather bare (IE, no protectants). Protectants seam to attract dirt and that`s the REAL enemy of leather.
    I, like you, still have a stash of Lexol left in my collection of car-care chemicals, which I will use on (rare) occasion. But after reading all the information and suggestions from many fellow Autopians within this forum, I have come to the conclusion that there are better options for leather-care products.

For vinyl, I clean with Meg`s Detailer Line D101 All-Purpose Cleaner (the green stuff) diluted 4:1 and then follow with Aerospace 303 Protectant. Again, 303 is not cheap compared to Armor-all or even Meg`s consumer line Natural Shine, but I like the low-gloss sheen that 303 and the UV protection it offers. There is a great deal of "opinion" pro and con for the need of UV protection for today`s vehicle vinyl.
    GB detailer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers is good OTC stuff and Zaino works well and smells good.

Thread Information