Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Polish Shelf Life??

Greetings fellow enthusiasts!

I am about to receive a new car and it has renewed my interest in serious detailing, which I used to do as a hobby, car show enthusiast and a bit professionally on the side. It`s been a while, but I have nearly full bottles of Menzerna Intensive Polish and Menzerna Final Polish II in the old white packaging. I also have some Finishing Touch Glaze.

My primary question is... how long should this stuff last if it`s been basically sitting in a garage for 5-6 years? The polish looks good and smells fine, but I want to know if there is any reason to believe that the effectiveness of this stuff has degraded over time and I should reload?

My secondary question is... if the dealer doesn`t touch my paint, I wouldn`t expect I`d need to go over it with the Intensive, right?? Unless I see crazy swirls or marring, I wouldn`t think so.

and my final question is... if I`m only going with Final Polish II, which lake country pad would you recommend for this step? I was thinking the black or white.

All I`m trying to do is prep this car the right way to put Xpel Ultimate on the vehicle then will follow it up with some 22ple after the pro has put my Xpel on.

Any and all advice is welcome.

THANKS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Polish Shelf Life??

The oldest menzerna I still have is PF2500, it`s also in the old white bottle. I`d guess maybe 4 years old. I`ve used it within the last 3 months and it was fine. Once shaken, you`ll know immediately if it has the correct consistency, when priming your pad.
    There is a menzerna product and lake country pad cross reference on this site that will give you pad suggestions. I`m having trouble posting the link from my mobile phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, and good question. I haven`t kept Menzerna long enough to know if it goes bad, but I recently spent $90+ on a trio of 32-oz bottles and I`m wondering if I should keep them out of heat & humidity.(?)

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as it comes out a little thick and white after you shake it up, and acts right on your paint, you are fine..

Secondly, what are you looking to see when you look at your paintwork in good lighting ?
    Is it clear enough that you can hold a piece of printed paper up next to it and read the letters clearly?
    Are you happy to have it just shiny or what ?

If you are looking to get a good finished result, then it will always be best to wash, claybar or rubberized towel, followed by a compound or polish to really clean the paint and improve the clarity and gloss..
    Good luck !
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

What is your climate? That would be my biggest concern considering it has been in a garage that long. I think here in Iowa with brutal humidity in the summer and brutal cold in the winter, any polish left in the garage 12 months would likely be toast. I keep all my polishes indoors year round...pretty much have to here.

Thread Information