Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product use

Post Thanks / Like

Product use

I was wondering when doing details and cleaning (washing, waxing, spray detailer) if you should stay with same product line like Pinnacle, Menzerna etc.

Thanks Again

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product use

That is one way to do it but its not the way I do it. I believe in trying to find the best product in each category and it isn`t always in the same product line. I use car wash soap from Duragloss, My waxes and sealants are from Optimum, Sonax and Collinite. My Spray detailer is from Finish Kare and Chemical Guys. You will get many varying opinions on this. Everybody has their favorite. Like Mike Phillips said " Find something you like and use it often".

Post Thanks / Like

I use the best of what each manufacturer has to offer. In the beginning I got roped into the whole line, and I have found that is not always the best way to go.

Buy small sizes until you know what you like and what works for you.

Trading small quantities also allows you to try a lot more. Attend detailing events where the manufacturer will let you try various product or product lines is also a great way to figure out what you like.

Lastly, a lot of products will get you where you want to go. For whatever reason people get comfortable with product lines or products and stick with it, others are forever trying new stuff.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hone in and stay there. For example, for spray Detailers I`ve narrowed it down to Megs, Mothers, Optimum, Ultima, Menzerna, Poorboys, DoDo, Sonus, Chemical Guys, Finish Kare, Sonax, 303, Ammo, HD, 3D, 1Z Einzett, Blackfire, Turtle Wax, Pinnacle, Adams, Wolfgang, Polish Angel, Eco Touch, Griots, Duragloss, and Auto Finesse.
    Likes Ronkh, tropicsteve, ShaneB, mnehls86, fostarica liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do mix and match coating and lsp on a corrected finish. However if I`m doing a multiple step "correction" I generally stay with one manufacture. That manufacture is Menzerna.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

like others stated try a few products and use the ones that work the best "for you " if you like working with a product and you get the results you desire , that is all that matters.
    just when you think you have your system down pat, you learn something new.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I do have OCD when it comes to new products My concern is when I am correcting, polishing ,waxing that applying different brands on top of one another that it could affect the outcome.

Thanks for advice so far

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of sticking with one line that gives outstanding results and many claim that products from one manufacturer give a synergistic effect to each other, but I say try em all because you can never have too much detailing stuff.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecrissman View Post
    I do mix and match coating and lap on a corrected finish. However if I`m doing a multiple step "correction" I generally stay with one manufacture. That manufacture is Menzerna.
    I like this post. Your compound/polish should be the most important set of chemicals to be super familiar with. Nothing beats Menzerna for this.
    Likes Ecrissman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I mix-and-match, including compound/polish/etc. Only time I make a point of sticking with one maker is when dealing with obvious (but still merely potential IMO, at least without direct testing) compatibility issues such as pre-LSP glazes and the actual LSP (e.g. BlackFire`s GEP and their AFPP). Eh, after ~40 years of this stuff, I can count on one hand the times I`ve had cross-brand compatibility issues, and in most of those cases I shoulda known better than to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I utilize a mix of several different brands

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I was wondering when doing details and cleaning (washing, waxing, spray detailer) if you should stay with same product line like Pinnacle, Menzerna etc.

Thanks Again
    Absolutely not, if you want to spend thousands of dollars experimenting with different products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Absolutely not, if you want to spend thousands of dollars experimenting with different products.
    hhhmmmmm
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use different brands for different things based on what I have tried and like (that work and work the way I want them to). One thing I try to keep "in the family" are the LSP`s. For example, I like to use Blackfire in the summer, so I use BFWD, topped with BFCS. Sometimes I top that with BFMS paste wax. After a BFRW, I`ll finish with BFPS. After a 2BM I`ll use BFMSID as a drying aid.

Doesn`t hurt to try a few different lines and see what you like for each duty. Most reviews you will read here about different products are pretty honest, so do a lot of reading and decide what you want to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Just the opposite here. My LSPs are all over the place, even mixed and matched per panel in some cases! know what? Car looks awesome.

To KBsToy, reading through this thread, I think we`re in agreement that the answer to your question is "No".
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information