Post Thanks / Like
    You just spent all weekend, washing, clay baring, cutting, polishing and waxing your car, and now you have to take it to work tomorrow in the rain. What would you once you were able to put the car back into the garage at the end of the day? Would you dry it? Would you use quick detailer on it? Would you wait until next weekend to wash it again? Oh the joys, and sorrows, of detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly... probably nothing. Just continue my normal routine of washing + spray wax once a week. Maybe spot clean some bird poop with detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing or wash it again using whatever wash method I normally use.

If I drive home in the rain and it is still raining outside, I leave the car outside. The rain will wash away most of the fresh dirt. The car won`t be spotless but better than driving a dirty car into a dry garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either nothing or *MAYBE* a quick rinsing with the CRS Spotless. But 99.9% of the time I just don`t give it a moment`s thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could rinse the car off in the rain LOL,which I have, and then drive it in the garage and dry it off. what I typically do is drive it in the garage and since I wash in my garage any way, I just spray down the car with my foam gun, rinse it, and proceed to dry it. I use a large floor squeegee to dry off most of the floor. the car must have been super clean prior to have been subject to the rain to do this safely without fear of dirt possibly marring the paint. luckily where I live the area is more clean. than average.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR wash in the garage. I would not risk just drying it because of all the crap on the road that gets sprayed up on the car from the vehicles in front of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember for all, the fresher your wax or sealant, the easier it is to clean off the paint. I noticed the more dirt stays stubborn that means time for me to re- wax or re- seal. I suppose the exception is Opti-Coat though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Living in the tropics means the rains usually come in bunches. So I plan washes around the weather. If more rain is expected tomorrow I find something else to do. Check National Weather Service satellite and forecasts daily (easy for fishermen) and time washes for immediately after rains end and clear skies ahead. ONR allows more frequent, less time consuming wash-n-wax sessions. Gotta love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep the rain season is almost here in FL so I an always prepared to wash and dry regularly. Once you have a system down its not even a minor inconvenience

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually just cry a little. And then swear I will never detail or wash my car again...

That usually last a few days or a week at the most.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer
    I usually just cry a little. And then swear I will never detail or wash my car again...

That usually last a few days or a week at the most.

haha me too!

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were going to rain... I`d have switched cars or stayed at home. (cough cough... I`m getting sick, can`t move... sorry boss.)

(One of my cars has only been in any REAL rain 3~4 times, and any rain at all 7 times... since NEW!)
    Later, Cardaddy / aka Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    After it rains, I just pull my ride back into the garage and do a quick ONR wash. Since I have OC on my car it doesn`t really get that dirty in the rain and I can do an ONR wash in 15 minutes +5 more minutes for the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    waterless wash or ONR if the dirt is already starting to form a film

i share your pain, but i welcome rain as we need it badly where im at in texas

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardaddy
    If it were going to rain... I`d have switched cars or stayed at home. (cough cough... I`m getting sick, can`t move... sorry boss.)

(One of my cars has only been in any REAL rain 3~4 times, and any rain at all 7 times... since NEW!)

I have one that`s never see rain and its ten years old now, and another that hasn`t seen it since the spring of `97

Thread Information