Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Factory finish spiderwebbing

It`s done for the most part. I`m probably going to pull the billet and paint the area of the bumper behind the grille black so it doesn`t stand out so much. That, tint the windows and some wheels later on down the road.

Likes jrock645, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks sharp!

Post Thanks / Like

Paint looks great!

The tinted headlights aren`t my thing (at least not that dark on a white car).

Will you be keeping it unbadged?

Sent from my XT1031

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Paint looks great!

The tinted headlights aren`t my thing (at least not that dark on a white car).

Will you be keeping it unbadged?

Sent from my XT1031
    Yeah I actually ordered the headlights because I had an issue with the factory ones. I don`t know that I will end up keeping them on there though. They are really dark compared to the back and at night there isn`t much light. I will probably strip mine completely down and try to smoke them the same as the back. I took the badges off when I bought the car so they won`t be going back on.
    Likes Arrow liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xtremekustomz View Post
    Yeah I actually ordered the headlights because I had an issue with the factory ones. I don`t know that I will end up keeping them on there though. They are really dark compared to the back and at night there isn`t much light. I will probably strip mine completely down and try to smoke them the same as the back. I took the badges off when I bought the car so they won`t be going back on.
    I had thought / assumed the light output would be diminished but I thought some might compensate with brighter bulbs or super bright projectors... I prefer to keep things closer to factory myself, but I think it would look better with them matching the back better (or even stock Factory finish spiderwebbing ).

What problems did you have with your original headlights?

Sent from my XT1031

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    I had thought / assumed the light output would be diminished but I thought some might compensate with brighter bulbs or super bright projectors... I prefer to keep things closer to factory myself, but I think it would look better with them matching the back better (or even stock Factory finish spiderwebbing ).

What problems did you have with your original headlights?

Sent from my XT1031
    The plastic had a reaction with the tinted base I used. I will probably get out tomorrow and strip the coating, clear the lens, sand it down and tint over some fresh clear. That way there is a barrier between the plastic and color coat. If you intend on painting anything go ahead and prepare yourself for things like that lol

Post Thanks / Like

xtremejustomz- Heh heh, I think you already know that I`m impressed as all get-out by your skills, and that I`m a genuine hater when it comes to tinted lights (of any kind) so I`ll skip that stuff and just say that I myself think the current silver wheels look good on that. IMO if you black `em out it`d look wrong, but OTOH I bet somebody half my age would simply love it.

For some reason that blacked-out grille needs something IMO..again, that`s probably just my old(er) guy sensibilities talkin` but it`s a bit of a black hole to me, like it needs some kind of logo/etc.

Again, 40 years ago I might`ve done the exact same thing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    xtremejustomz- Heh heh, I think you already know that I`m impressed as all get-out by your skills, and that I`m a genuine hater when it comes to tinted lights (of any kind) so I`ll skip that stuff and just say that I myself think the current silver wheels look good on that. IMO if you black `em out it`d look wrong, but OTOH I bet somebody half my age would simply love it.

For some reason that blacked-out grille needs something IMO..again, that`s probably just my old(er) guy sensibilities talkin` but it`s a bit of a black hole to me, like it needs some kind of logo/etc.

Again, 40 years ago I might`ve done the exact same thing...
    Ha! That`s jealousy talking right there! The problem is that those are silver hub caps. I`ve been looking for a set of factory alloy wheels. Found some aftermarket ones on ebay that look the same as the factory style which I actually like.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! That`s jealousy talking right there! The problem is that those are silver hub caps. I`ve been looking for a set of factory alloy wheels. Found some aftermarket ones on ebay that look the same as the factory style which I actually like.
    Heh heh, I`m so [darn] out-of-touch that I don`t even know what part of my post might`ve indicated jealousy!

What color are the alloys you`re considering? Black, by any chance?!?

Heh heh#2, it`d be one *BORING* world if everybody agreed with my automotive aesthetics!

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I`m so [darn] out-of-touch that I don`t even know what part of my post might`ve indicated jealousy!

What color are the alloys you`re considering? Black, by any chance?!?

Heh heh#2, it`d be one *BORING* world if everybody agreed with my automotive aesthetics!
    The OEM ones are silver.

OEM 17" Alloy Wheel Rim for 2007 2008 2009 Nissan Altima | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Great post !!
    She would look good with My Minn. License plate on her

Post Thanks / Like

Those are a bit, uhm...stylish...for my taste but I do think the color would work great. Heh heh, maybe I`m the "negative answer" guy here..i.e., if I like `em then they`re the wrong choice

Post Thanks / Like

Those are a bit, uhm...stylish...for my taste but I do think the color would work great. Heh heh, maybe I`m the "negative answer" guy here..i.e., if I like `em then they`re the wrong choice
    Stylish?? They are the ones that come on the car from the factory lol

Post Thanks / Like

Stylish?? They are the ones that come on the car from the factory lol
    Well IMO (and heh heh we all know what *my* opinion`s worth, huh? ) it`s not like OE wheels can`t be stylish or even *too* stylish for a guy like me. On my Jag, Tahoe, and our current Audis the OE wheels are absolutely perfect IMO, couldn`t possibly look better if I spent a fortune on different ones.

Not like I always feel that way, I loved aftermarket wheels on a few vehicles (and my wife was all about BBS wheels on her previous Audi) so to me it just depends.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information