Post Thanks / Like
    We have a Fiberglass 1998 Leer canopy that has been sitting much too long in the yard. We cleaned it up but there are a few spots where either the grass or moss has stained the rough inside of the canopy. I have tried brushes and some Soft Scrub. Before I experiment any further would anyone here know how I might be able to remove these green stains? I already contacted LEER and they have no clue and told me to "Google" for an answer. I guess they can sell them but have no idea how to advise consumers how to clean the units. I even suggested that their management might want to consult with detailers about this since we can`t be the first persons to have taken their canopy off and let it sit in the back yard in the grass. They could care less but I do. Maybe the rough fiberglass interior is not a great one because it can be nearly impossible to get stains out of? Looking good on the outside is one thing but when you can`t clean it on the inside as well then it fails big time for consumers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be like a mold? Maybe try a product like Tilex or some Scrubbin Bubbles. Last resort you could prime and paint it.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Could it be like a mold? Maybe try a product like Tilex or some Scrubbin Bubbles. Last resort you could prime and paint it.

It could very well be. It sure is worth a try. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn`t see the "color" of the gel coat that makes the outside surface of the cover and have no idea of what the inside color is.

Inside, mix up some soap, water and bleach, no more than 10% bleach.

Spray it on, and let it "sit", keeping it wet with the solution for at least 10 minutes, then agitate with a stiff bristle brush, rewet with solution, let it set for 5 to 10 minutes, rinse off.

If that doesn`t work, get back to me, there is another way, but requires the use of a some what dangerous acid.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    Didn`t see the "color" of the gel coat that makes the outside surface of the cover and have no idea of what the inside color is.

Inside, mix up some soap, water and bleach, no more than 10% bleach.

Spray it on, and let it "sit", keeping it wet with the solution for at least 10 minutes, then agitate with a stiff bristle brush, rewet with solution, let it set for 5 to 10 minutes, rinse off.

If that doesn`t work, get back to me, there is another way, but requires the use of a some what dangerous acid.

Grumpy

Thanks grumpy I will give that a try. I think I would rather live with the stains then to use some dangerous acid. The outside of the cap is black and the inside is kind of a yellow cream color. I don`t think it was painted. I was thinking about using bleach but not sure if that would be too harsh. We will give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    That "yellow cream" color is gel resin, bleach won`t hurt it.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    That "yellow cream" color is gel resin, bleach won`t hurt it.

Grumpy

Thanks for the heads up on whether bleach would damage the inside of the canopy.

Thread Information