Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, first post here and I need some help already haha. I just bought a 2010 Frontier CC in Black and when I wash it it`s almost automatic that I have water spots that dry up. It`s not like its 100+ to where it dries super quick either. Do you guys get this after a wash and detail it out or what?

I am going into town and will pick up some wax if there is anything that autozone and the like sells that is worth using, but is there a way to avoid these spots while washing? I`m using some mcguiers wash that the dealer gave me, for now, but again im willing to buy something that may be here locally.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure that you keep the paint protected, and dry immediately after washing. One sure way to elminate any water spotting when washing is to use a de-ionizing system such as the CR De-ionizer.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there not an option that isn`t 200+? I`m not in the area where I can spend 500 bucks on cleaning materials right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did some reading and a few places mentioned that a diluted white vinegar and water mix 1/2 and 1/2 is what it said but I used 1/4 vinegar to 3/4 water. It left and immediate haze but DID remove some water spots when used liberally. I don`t like the fact it hazes over, at all. I used some spray meguiars spray detailer over it and it cleared it up and gave it a half way decent shine...but the hazing still even though it`s gone doesn`t please me.

Is there a cheaper alternative to that CR setup, or just a flat out better way to wash my vehicle than the typical just wash the whole thing and dry when done...

Post Thanks / Like
    try some of the waterless or rinseless washes that are out

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try the waterless washes, but it still requires some dilution with water, which can cause spotting. If you want a nice finish, you have to put some effort into it (especially on black). I had a black car, and it is close to a full time job to keep it looking awesome. I am afraid, aside from a DI system, washing and drying and keeping the paint protected is going to be the cheapest and best way to go for now.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street5927
    You can try the waterless washes, but it still requires some dilution with water, which can cause spotting. If you want a nice finish, you have to put some effort into it (especially on black). I had a black car, and it is close to a full time job to keep it looking awesome. I am afraid, aside from a DI system, washing and drying and keeping the paint protected is going to be the cheapest and best way to go for now.

rinseless washes are the ones that need water. waterless washes from everything i seen is RTU no diluteing needed.

Thread Information