Thread: Which one?

Post Thanks / Like
    I woundering what other people are using to wet sand (besides by hand) Im looking for a good machine thats good for newbies

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m kinda leaning towards just using one of my PCs, or maybe my Griot`s 6". Not sure it`d be worth it to buy a "proper" sander like the Mirka Bulldog or that Snap-On pneumatic that Barry Theal likes so well :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you i am alsothinking about thepcway but alsoconsidering what body shops use on a daily basis
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I`m kinda leaning towards just using one of my PCs, or maybe my Griot`s 6". Not sure it`d be worth it to buy a "proper" sander like the Mirka Bulldog or that Snap-On pneumatic that Barry Theal likes so well :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanders like the 7424 are designed for stock removal and smoothing wood, not finish sanding paint. Their longer throw can take you down to primer in a skinny second

Some guys have gotten away with it. Me, I wouldn`t take the chance on my paint.

So, you`ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Oh, water and electric tools: bad combination. If you do it, at least use a GFCI outlet or cord.

pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to start a new thread but then I saw this one...

Ok, so I have a PC and am looking for the foam-backed wetsanding disks in 3.5 inch. I cannot find them anywhere. Google is not my friend today.

I went to restore my headlights and they are not hazed but have small crazing which requires way more removal than I can do by hand. I sanded and sanded and have an appointment tomorrow to have both my arms re-attached...I am currently typing with my nose.

So, the ones I am looking for should go right on my PC and not require a new backing plate. I know someone came out with ones that have reversed hook and loop so the backing plate has the loop and the pad has the hook section. I am not looking to get another backing plate.

Can anyone tell me where I can order these things?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.P.D.
    I woundering what other people are using to wet sand (besides by hand) Im looking for a good machine thats good for newbies

Everyone has their preferred methods and tools for sanding clearcoats.

It`s just like cooking.

And as in cooking, it`s not WHAT you use, it`s HOW you use it:bounce

Bosch GEX sander (blue colour) is very popular amongst my friends in the detailing industry. Economical, light (very important), variable speed control, durable.

You can use it to apply LSPs too.

For my shop, I use my 4units of PC7424 as my sanders, instead of having to buy another machine to do only sanding. PC is quite heavy, so have to be very careful. :p

To help ease off pressure, I stick on a 3M interface pad first (soft, thin foam), and then

attach the sandpaper to it.

Once you get the hang of using ANY machine, you`ll just adapt to it and be comfortable with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    :thxthanks for the advice

Thread Information