Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if anyone else here upgraded from a PC7424 (or any other DA) to a rotary polisher and was happier with the results?

I have a friend that highly suggests I upgrade to the rotary style polisher due to it producing better results. I see what he`s saying tho, because the PC doesn`t seem to have as good correcting abilities as a rotary. It often stops spinning even with the lightest pressure applied to it.

Im not starting a war between which is better or not. I just want your opinions to see what its like between the two from those who went to a rotary from a DA.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 right here. I still use my PC, even though I bought a Makita.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats whats on my list, a makita. How come your still with the PC after the makita?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not skilled enough to finish down LSP ready with a rotary. If I practiced enough, I MIGHT be able to, but for me, it`s pretty tough.

For others, it`s a piece of cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    I`m not skilled enough to finish down LSP ready with a rotary. If I practiced enough, I MIGHT be able to, but for me, it`s pretty tough.

With harder clears I bet you could finish down LSP ready. I know you could on my car. The very first time I used a rotary on my car I pulled out into the sun and had zero holograms. As much as I would love to say that is was due to my natural rotary abilities, I know the truth is my paint is very rotary friendly. I used to think that it was due to the paint being white and I just couldn`t see them. However, Scottwax proved that theory wrong with a picture of a white Mustang that he cleaned up the holograms for the owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, now my PC 7424 lays in a box unused

Post Thanks / Like
    I just think that the rotary produces much better correcting abilities so im just going to stick with that. After seeing what a makita can do as opposed to my PC, im pretty much sold on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    Just wondering if anyone else here upgraded from a PC7424 (or any other DA) to a rotary polisher and was happier with the results?

I have a friend that highly suggests I upgrade to the rotary style polisher due to it producing better results. I see what he`s saying tho, because the PC doesn`t seem to have as good correcting abilities as a rotary. It often stops spinning even with the lightest pressure applied to it.

Im not starting a war between which is better or not. I just want your opinions to see what its like between the two from those who went to a rotary from a DA.

I upgraded from a PC to rotary, I have a Makita and a Metabo. The difference is night and day, a rotary is much easier to use, you don`t feel like your arms have nerve damage at the end of the day from all the vibrating the PC does. It`s faster, corrects heavier damage and for me gives a nicer final result.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my flex rotary, it works so much faster than my udm ever could. I still do however use my udm for wax applications though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk

Hm really?

I said screw all this DA crap, I might as well just buy a rotary instead of buying a DA and then a rotary and realizing I wasted my money on a DA. I had no machine polishing experience and just bought a Makita 9227 and have done 2 cars with soft paint and have had no holograms on either, nor did I find it hard to work with.

I`ve done a Black Corolla and a Silver Accord, both newer, used Menzerna polishes, 3M backing plate, and 5.5 Detailers domain pads to great success. I didn`t even practice, I just went right to work on my car and it was surprisingly easy. I`m very glad I skipped buying a DA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I do all my correcting by rotary, I still use my DA for cleaners, all in one`s, glazes and now I attach carpet brushes to them and make short work of mat and carpet cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys I need a lil hand with shopping around, heres the low down.

Found a makita polisher localy for 186.99(give or take) This is JUST the polisher. No pads, No backing Plate. Good deal or should I shop online? Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar752
    Hm really?

I said screw all this DA crap, I might as well just buy a rotary instead of buying a DA and then a rotary and realizing I wasted my money on a DA. I had no machine polishing experience and just bought a Makita 9227 and have done 2 cars with soft paint and have had no holograms on either, nor did I find it hard to work with.

I`ve done a Black Corolla and a Silver Accord, both newer, used Menzerna polishes, 3M backing plate, and 5.5 Detailers domain pads to great success. I didn`t even practice, I just went right to work on my car and it was surprisingly easy. I`m very glad I skipped buying a DA.

Totally agree. On hard Audi paint the rotory is so sweet! Took forever correcting with a PC so bit the bullet on a great barely used pre-owned deal from a fellow autopian for $169 with two extra backing plates and bag.

Went to town on the Audi and couldn`t believe how easy, fast and great the paint looked. Rotary is oh so smooth too. Took my time, was careful around edges and let the makita do its magic. I like the flow of using one (gently guiding vs putting 30lbs pressure on a PC) and making countless passes even with 4" pads. Can finish down to a LSP ready. Paint just sparkles now and the makita made quick work of some wetsanding.

Trust me, the rotary is not that tough. Just read up on all the great posts in here, and tape up sensitive areas. You won`t regret it and its cheaper than a Flex (especially a used Makita). And since most tend to start with a PC, just keep it for carpets or applying sealants/wax. Then you have a terrific arsenal that will tackle just about every job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the PC since it`s safer than a Rotary. But if you want more corrections, go with a Flex. Greg carries them. DetailedImage.com

Post Thanks / Like
    another convert. Had my DA for about a year, goofed around with all types of polishes and waxes with it and it worked well. After a year I decided to give learning the rotary a try and was WOW`d!

The rotary wasn`t too hard to learn and the rotary just works a heck of a lot faster. I will admit that I break out the PC/DA to apply wax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information