Post Thanks / Like
    I received a sample of the DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss for review. Here is a summary on two vehicles this weekend. One vehicle was a daily driver that had essentailly no wax and was going polish up and the other had just been waxed about 2 weeks ago. I am an Optimum No Rinse user.

DP`s Rinseless Wash and Gloss is a replacement for DP`s 4-n-1 product. Prior comparisons tended to just discuss the cost differential between DP 4-n-1 and Optimum`s No Rinse. I guess Max decided to end that by introducting a product at about an equivalent price and dilution ratio.

Price: $15.99 / quart, $39.99 per gallon (before any forum discounts)

Directions:

1 oz per 2 gallons - normal wash

1 to 2 oz per 3 to 5 gallons - water conditioner

1 to 1.5 oz per 32 ounces - clay lube

2 to 2.5 oz per 32 ounces - quick detailer

Observations:

Scent/Color: Strong bubble gum/Pink. When diluted it is much less obvious.

Cleaning Ability: For paint, great. On par with ONR. On wheels, it did a good job on loose dirt/brake dust. Like ONR, it is not as good at dislodging grease without a little rubbing. No loss in LSP was noted. I did not have a chance to check it against aged bug splatters.

I used a chenile mf (dreadlock) style wash mitt. It darkens during use as the mitt traps dirt (just like ONR). It does not readily rinse in the wash bucket or a rinse bucket and requires a soap (like Dawn or MF wash) rinseless to release the dirt.

Lubricity: The dilutied wash does not feel especially slick (but neither does ONR) compared to a traditional soap. This is where you have to make a paradigm change on expecting a soap. I always tended to mix 2 oz / 3 gallons thinking it would be slightly slicker (peace of mind).

I was "feeling" the pure concentrate between ONR and DP and it was hard to feel any difference.

Drying ease: On paint with no wax it is a little hard to dry than on waxed paint but excellent overall. No worry about residue causing water spots. The amount of fluid left always seems less than a traditional wash unless you can get the water to sheet prior to drying.

Added gloss/slickness: It leaves a nice clean sharp look. I did not really notice any added slickness.

Wash time: Faster than a traditional wash. No hose to drag out and no worry about water spots. The best part of rinseless washing is when you wash and dry the last panel you are done except for cleaning/wiping down the door jambs using a squirt bottle of your rinseless wash and a mf cloth.

Conclusions:

Nice product. It does what it advertises and offers another option for those interested in rinseless products. If there are differences between ONR and DPR&G, they are not very obvious in any practical manner. Interestingly, it also leaves a ring around the water level (dirt) on the wash bucket if left to sit for very long (again just like ONR).

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review. I have been using the DP 4-in-1 for the last year and have always been happy with it.
    Working on becoming an Autopian Driveway Detailer

Thread Information