Post Thanks / Like
    The more I use ONR, the more uses I am finding for it. I was wondering if anyone has tried it to clean headliners. My plan is to moisten a microfibre with ONR solution at wash dilution rate and wipe on the headliner. Is this advisable?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it on my headliner. Just mix it up at normal car wash strength, soak an MF in it, then wring the MF out as well as you can. To the point that it`s more dry than wet. Work the headliner with the MF, and be *very* careful that you don`t get the headliner wet. The glue on some headliners doesn`t play well with water.

If you`re unable to get it clean with ONR, a lot of guys recommend using Amazing Roll Off.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I`ve used it on my headliner. Just mix it up at normal car wash strength, soak an MF in it, then wring the MF out as well as you can. To the point that it`s more dry than wet. Work the headliner with the MF, and be *very* careful that you don`t get the headliner wet. The glue on some headliners doesn`t play well with water.

If you`re unable to get it clean with ONR, a lot of guys recommend using Amazing Roll Off.

Thanks for that. I used your application advice and tried it today. I`m growing fond of using ONR as an interior cleaner, for those interiors that aren`t trashed I think it works great, but I`d never tried it on a headliner. I wouldn`t classify it as the greatest stain remover on headliners, but where I think it did a good job was on odour removal. I need to try it some more, but early results are giving me a nice fresh smelling interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Allnitro

I need to try it some more, but early results are giving me a nice fresh smelling interior.

ONR is a very versatle product which is still under valued by people :think:

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know ONR is great on hard surfaces, but on a headliner? ONR helps remove dirt by encapsulating it and trapping in in the fibers of the wash media. Unless the headliner was vinyl or another smooth surface, I`d go with Folex or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    I know ONR is great on hard surfaces, but on a headliner? ONR helps remove dirt by encapsulating it and trapping in in the fibers of the wash media. Unless the headliner was vinyl or another smooth surface, I`d go with Folex or something.

Yup, it does a very good job on porous surfaces, too. I`ve removed greasy finger prints from the headliner with nothing but ONR. I always start out using ONR in an interior, then go to stronger stuff if needed, but most of the time ONR is capable of handling it.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Allnitro
    The more I use ONR, the more uses I am finding for it. I was wondering if anyone has tried it to clean headliners. My plan is to moisten a microfibre with ONR solution at wash dilution rate and wipe on the headliner. Is this advisable?

I`ve done that several times. Works if the headliner is only lightly soiled. Deeper stains still usually require a dedicated cleaner.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a new beater Subaru and the cloth headliner (as well as everything else) is pretty dirty. If ONR does not do it what stronger product and method is best?

I did by some Folex for the interior so will the above method work as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Vacuum the headliner around the stain, less chance of a ring stain from cleaner.

Wet a MF or cotton towel and wring out, spray a cleaner like Woolite on the cloth and wipe the headliner. It usually will only show slight wetness, and this is what you want. The stain might need direct contact with the cleaner and then a light scrub.

To remove smoke and other odors is different. It will have to be done a few times with a deodor chemical or a low suction extraction with deodor chemical.

You usually only deal with 2 types of stains, water or solvent based. Short answer if you think it is oil based, black color is usually a hint, treat it with a fabric safe solvent.

Most other stains are water based, treated with Folex or such will remove them.

Acid stains like rust and red pop are special chemical dependent.

Post Thanks / Like
    While I have never used ONR a dedicated interior cleaner, I`m sure it would work on some areas, but it is just are easy to use the right chemicals and not worry about stuff down the road.

Thread Information