Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tips And Tricks

Post Thanks / Like
    These are some tips and tricks I use in my detailing business and on my car!

Products- its all about the products, take my advise invest in a good product and you and your customer (business) will be happy.

Time- take your time when detailing a vehicle, if you rush it you will tell.

Details- Details is what makes detailing! Take time to do the little stuff!

The products I use to detail are the following:

Washing: Lambs Wool Wash Mitt, and Zip Wax Car Wash Soap

Wheels: Depending on the metal of the wheel and the condition (how bad it is) I use Purple Power its a great degreaser and cleaner but be careful on uncoated metals! Brillo pads work wonders on exhaust tips and various wheels!

Drying: One word "Absorber", I love mine! You can also use three microfiber towels, using one as a "soaker" gathering as much water on the surface and one as a drying towel and one as fine drying towel

Waxing: I use a Random Orbit Buffer 5" with a microfiber pad and Mothers Liquid Cleaner Wax. Awesome Product! Good Shine and Great Water Bead!

Interior: Cheap product for minor soil damage on carpet is "Tuff Stuff" and a carpet brush. I use Mothers Protectant to clean dashes, seats, and various other parts. A tip for odor is to use "Baking Soda".

Windows: Invisible Glass! Stoners has the best product to clean windows!

Tires and Dressings: Use Purple Power to clean the tires and then apply "More Shine" by Stoners to have a great looking tire. No need to wipe off just spray on! If you have some old rubber or vinyl parts use a little protectant on them to make them look brand new!

Tip on dash boards is use a Swiffer towel on them to pick up little lint and dust settling on the surface! It sure beats using protectant every time you clean them!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t fully understand you`re post here. Not that I disagree per say but you start off with "products!" make sure you use better products and then you go and list probably some of the cheapest products on the market right now. Not that they don`t work but they definatly are not what most would consider higher end.

And then "Absorber" Are we talking an actual chamiose? (shammy) or are you talking something like a "Sham wow" which dosen`t work anywhere near the same as the chamoise? Tuff stuff is a good foamer. Cheap and not very top of the line but good for it`s price definatly Always seem to have a can in stock. And you finish off with a cleaner wax? any reason as to why?

Not that any of this is bad advise at all But I think if you explained your reasonings a bit further it would make more sense to people reading through your tips here.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re kidding, right? In one line you say invest in better products, then you talk about using Zip Wax wash, Mother`s Cleaner Wax and "cheap" interior products. Bear in mind you`re talking to a forum that used to have the motto "process > product".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I don`t fully understand you`re post here. Not that I disagree per say but you start off with "products!" make sure you use better products and then you go and list probably some of the cheapest products on the market right now. Not that they don`t work but they definatly are not what most would consider higher end.

And then "Absorber" Are we talking an actual chamiose? (shammy) or are you talking something like a "Sham wow" which dosen`t work anywhere near the same as the chamoise? Tuff stuff is a good foamer. Cheap and not very top of the line but good for it`s price definatly Always seem to have a can in stock. And you finish off with a cleaner wax? any reason as to why? Not that any of this is bad advise at all But I think if you explained your reasonings a bit further it would make more sense to people reading through your tips here.
    +1 and he uses Mothers cleaner wax as an LSP :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    What would you guys advise? I use these products because they a good product and I have great business with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you use them because you`ve tried them and stuck with them or Do you use them because you`ve tried out alot of the other products mentioned on here and decided you`re technique is better suited the products you listed? I can see it if you tried other products out and use these because you like them but I suspect you used these because they are readily available and haven`t really tried "true" detailing products out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried a lot of big name manufactures like meguiars and 3m, turtle wax, etc. as far as the products on this website, I never tried them because there as expensive or more than the bigger manufactures and I rather not risk paying for a wax that I found out is just like all the rest of the water down formulas they put on the shelf`s. Everyone has there own way of detailing and everyone`s uses different products! I put this thread on to help anyone that needs a little advise on detailing that isn`t to expensive and gives you basically the same finish as the top of the line stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailnByDustn
    I tried a lot of big name manufactures like meguiars and 3m, turtle wax, etc. as far as the products on this website, I never tried them because there as expensive or more than the bigger manufactures and I rather not risk paying for a wax that I found out is just like all the rest of the water down formulas they put on the shelf`s. Everyone has there own way of detailing and everyone`s uses different products! I put this thread on to help anyone that needs a little advise on detailing that isn`t to expensive and gives you basically the same finish as the top of the line stuff.

Hey man, I think I misunderstood you at first. Thanks for helping out!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you on that. But I would change up a few things and eleminate the statement about using "better" products because it`s really the only thing people will probably bug about on here considering there are much much better products out there. But I`m for detailing on a dime when you have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    im using `wal mart` products like these right now.. but as my customer base grows, i will upgrade to better quality products. i have a high speed buffer, but im afraid to use it yet! ha

Post Thanks / Like
    I just learned the Swiffer towel trick, do you think its a good trick to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it random orbit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Image
    im using `wal mart` products like these right now...

Wal-Mart? I thought those were from Walgreens...

Post Thanks / Like
    no, its just a high speed buffer. not the slow random orbit. i have tried to use those before, but i didnt have good results. maybe i was mis using it? i really want to learn how to remove oxidation and such..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailnByDustn
    I just learned the Swiffer towel trick, do you think its a good trick to use?

Swiffers are good! Have you ever used a microfiber towel for dusting the dash?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information