Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone suggest the best way to apply a water based dressing to the wheel wells? Until I began reading this forum I never considered dressing the whell wells. Now if I don`t it look incomplete. I have a tight fit with my wheels and the well. I have been using a pump up sprayer to atomize the dressing into the surface and following up with a sponge. I drop it several times in the course of each well.

I have tried to afix a sponge to a flyswatter but cannot get enough leverage. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have been using a product called Aqua Bead (mixed 50/50 with water) and so far so good. I am just about out and if someone know this product and has a better suggestion, I am open to improving the product.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used it but I`ve seen mentioned on these boards the use of a Wagner HVLP paint sprayer. Cover your tires w/ a trash bag and spray away!

Here`s a link to one discussion:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...rol-spray.html
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess my way is kinda halfarse but I always like to give freshly dressed tires a wipedown with a clean MF after it soaks in. I then take that MF to the wells and it puts just the right amount of dressing in the wells without too much mess...

A spraying method would probably be easier (Griot`s undercarriage comes to mind)

Post Thanks / Like
    If you jacked your car up, would the weight of the wheel drop the tire down enough to give you a little more clearance? If not, you could take the wheel off while it was up!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I tuck about 1" of tire on my civic. I use multiple "staining" foam brushes to apply my dressings whether they are silicone or water based.

Thread Information