Post Thanks / Like
    I live in south Georgia and it get very hot and humid during the summer, so windows can be a real biatch. I recently had a hard time cleaning the insides w/o leaving some type of light film. You can`t see it from inside the car, but it`s very noticable to me looking in from the outside. I`ve tried Stoners, 50/50 water/alcohol, and few others. `ve sprayed directly n window and towel. I`ve washed by glass towels separate, added degreaser to wash, and rinsed twice w/ vinegar. A fellow member told me today that the Surf City is the best he`s ever used, so maybe I`ll give it a try. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been getting into the habit of wiping the glass with a damp chamois then drying with paper towel. It`s been working pretty well on slightly filmy windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give Surf City CLearly Better Glass Cleaner a try. It is available from autogeek.net. It cleans like Stoners, but never streaks, and is tint-safe. I use it with a WW towel on my windows, even in the hot FL sun, and works perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Change kind of towels you are using to something that "cuts" the film, not spreads it. Try surgical huck towels for start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shadybreal
    I live in south Georgia and it get very hot and humid during the summer, so windows can be a real biatch. I recently had a hard time cleaning the insides w/o leaving some type of light film. You can`t see it from inside the car, but it`s very noticable to me looking in from the outside. I`ve tried Stoners, 50/50 water/alcohol, and few others. `ve sprayed directly n window and towel. I`ve washed by glass towels separate, added degreaser to wash, and rinsed twice w/ vinegar. A fellow member told me today that the Surf City is the best he`s ever used, so maybe I`ll give it a try. Any other ideas? Thanks!

For a windshield, give newspaper a try as it works excellent as a glass cleaner with your choice of glass cleaning solution. Just don`t use it on aftermarket tinted windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    Change kind of towels you are using to something that "cuts" the film, not spreads it. Try surgical huck towels for start.

Thanks! I`ve got some different ones I`m going to try today. Still MF, but not the WM waffle weave ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shadybreal
    Thanks! I`ve got some different ones I`m going to try today. Still MF, but not the WM waffle weave ones.
    You are welcome If you get surgical huck towels keep in mind they are bad for cleaning (they will spread liquid around) but good to cut film, so I do it two step: MF to clean, huck to finish. Let me know if you need some huck towels, I have too many. In the meantime I am testing approach that I suspected will be even better than huck and so far I am happy with it but need more experience with it under the belt until I am sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Hucks are the best glass towels I have used ..the ones I got are pretty absorbent also....I got them from The rag Lady..I use 2 ..one to clean and one to wipe after...streak free glass....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a fairly plush MF(always washed seperate) and SPRAYWAY glass cleaner 4 towels 2 for inside 2 for outside, 1 towel gets sprayed, 1 towel to wipe fold x4 and using a clean part of the towel each time. I always get streakfree clean windows, and one thing to remember is that some times less product is better.

Thread Information