Post Thanks / Like
    I had a clear bra and tint installed today. When I was there to pick it up, the installer was looking for his bottle of PlastX and realized it was back in the parking lot (where he had taken the car into the sun to look at an polish the clear bra. The bottle had been run over. He looked at the car and said, "guess I was lucky and none got on the car".

When I got home and was unloading, I noticed splatters all over the side, which I thought was residue from what ever he was using to apply the bar and wiped a section off with my finger and it scratched the surface. I tried some Meguiars quick detail, thinking that maybe it was just smeared, but it was definately scratched, so left the rest alone. Later I put two and two together and realized that the splattering must have been from the PlastX. I think what happened was that he ran it over with the back tire, it must have gotten on the tire and then driving home, the tire spun it up over the side of the car. It is on both drivers side doors, rear wheel well and above the doors.

I now have droplets of PlastX all over the side of the car and have no idea how to get it off without scratching the whole side of my wife`s Lexus.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    PLASTX SCRATCHED IT? wow, I would say just do a wash and consentrate the the stream of water on the splats to get most of it off and they gentaly go over it with a soft mitt or what ever you use.
    Canfield

03 Mini Cooper S- 900 Pure Silver

97 BMW ///M3 309 Arctic Silver Metallic

93 Mazda Rx-7 R1- J9 Competition Yellow Mica

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash carefully, you should be able to treat it the same as a car with sand or road salt on the paint. Make sure to rinse well before touching it with any wash media, and be ready to polish out the affected section - any marring from PlastX will be relatively light, and should come out with #80 or equivalent.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information