Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

I plan to use the Klasse combo of AIO and SG this weekend on a white car-6 yrs. old-paint in fair condition. I plan to clay first, then 3m Finesse-It, then the AIO followed by the SG.

In doing a search of this forum for SG application tips, I came upon this thread that discusses the merits of wipe on/wipe off.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30989

Since this thread is over 2 years old and the main proponent of the WO/WO method has been banned from the forum, I was wondering........

Who is using this method and how is it working?

I have read many topics on this and some say to apply to the whole car and leave the SG on for 30-45 min, then wipe off. Others have said it is too difficult to remove if you do this, but to leave it on overnite. Still others like the WO/WO. I have a PC7424 I can use, or can do it by hand.

Can anyone give some feedback? Thanks~! :thx

Post Thanks / Like
    On the vehicle that I used AIO/SG on, I waited about an hour after applying SG and removed with a MF buffing cloth. It came right off. I had purchased the Sonus Acrylic Spritz especially for that purpose, but I didn`t need it. I had started a post a while back about my experience and it`s surprizing ease of removal. Other than the recommendation, or shall I say requirement, that you apply SG very thin, it appears that it depends a little bit on temperature and humidity level. Its warm, about mid 80`s and about 70-80% humidity almost all year around here.

I also believe that some still use the WOWO method. I have not tried it yet as my method is working for me. I apply SG to the whole vehicle and that takes about 20-30 minutes or so being very careful to get good coverage. I then do other things like apply AIO to my wheels and apply tire dressing. By the time I am done with that, the SG is ready to come off and does so without much effort. I follow up with either the Sonus Acrylic Spritz or HGAS and done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do it by hand doing small portions of the car...wipe on wipe off

Post Thanks / Like
    wowo by hand :xyxthumbs

just wait 24h before second application

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what I found, and I will be using the AIO and FMJ.....

http://www.properautocare.com/kla-16.html

http://www.properautocare.com/kla-gla.html

fmj

http://www.properautocare.com/menzernafmj.html

Enjoy the reading....some very good tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    I WOWO, no waiting between coats. My studies show no gain by waiting between coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always used AIO by WOWO one panel at a time. I have applied SG and waited overnight to remove, I have applied to the whole car and then removed, but I now always use SG the same way I use AIO - WOWO one panel at a time. I usually wait 14-18 hours and then apply a 2nd layer of SG. On my wife`s white CRV this usually lasts at least 8-9 months (her car is garaged at home and at work). I never have topped it with anything other than QS or #425 because it really looks great. Sometimes it truly annoys me how good her car looks after I wash and QD compared to mine that I spend 4 times more work maintaining (constantly trying new things and changing every month or so).

I use WOWO because it is essentially a no problem method that has yielded superior results for me. I don`t believe I could possibly get more durability or a better look by using another method of application.

Any method of SG application and removal will look great, give you great durability, and be easy to use IF you apply SG sparingly. You cannot possibly use too little and you are almost guaranteed to use too much the first time you apply it. IMO, if you can see SG on your white paint.....you are using too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    I have always used AIO by WOWO one panel at a time. I have applied SG and waited overnight to remove, I have applied to the whole car and then removed, but I now always use SG the same way I use AIO - WOWO one panel at a time. I usually wait 14-18 hours and then apply a 2nd layer of SG. On my wife`s white CRV this usually lasts at least 8-9 months (her car is garaged at home and at work). I never have topped it with anything other than QS or #425 because it really looks great. Sometimes it truly annoys me how good her car looks after I wash and QD compared to mine that I spend 4 times more work maintaining (constantly trying new things and changing every month or so).

I use WOWO because it is essentially a no problem method that has yielded superior results for me. I don`t believe I could possibly get more durability or a better look by using another method of application.

Any method of SG application and removal will look great, give you great durability, and be easy to use IF you apply SG sparingly. You cannot possibly use too little and you are almost guaranteed to use too much the first time you apply it. IMO, if you can see SG on your white paint.....you are using too much.

Great feedback, everyone. I really appreciate it. I think I will use WOWO a panelat a time except for (1) panel which I will do first, and then wipe that one off after all the others are done, Then I can compare the (2) methods and see which one is easiest for me.

Regarding how little SG to use, thanks for all the reminders. It seems everyone is stressing to use very little product. Some say about a dime size drop on the pad per panel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply SG by using a 50ml hand spray pump. Using this approach ensures you only get about 0.5 - 1ml per spray.

This method helps me ensure that I do not apply to much product.

Cheers

Perm

Post Thanks / Like
    WOWO for me. Works good on silver color.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used WOWO tonight - with a slight variation. When you wipe on with a damp applicator if you look closely it leaves "micro lines" of SG. I found that if you apply (two SG drops per panel) with a slightly damp applicator then lightly brush over with a folded MF (I used a Concours Buffing Towel) it breaks the lines of SG up into "extra micro lines" therfore ensuring more even coverage. This then hazes pretty quick (30 seconds) and you just buff straight off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenojNW
    I used WOWO tonight - with a slight variation. When you wipe on with a damp applicator if you look closely it leaves "micro lines" of SG. I found that if you apply (two SG drops per panel) with a slightly damp applicator then lightly brush over with a folded MF (I used a Concours Buffing Towel) it breaks the lines of SG up into "extra micro lines" therfore ensuring more even coverage. This then hazes pretty quick (30 seconds) and you just buff straight off!

Great suggestion-----I`ll give it a try~!

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious... I`ve read alot about how difficult it can be to remove SG. In my limited experience, its not difficult to remove. I`ve used AIO followed by SG on three cars and the SG wipes off easily. If anything, I`m applying too much SG and it still comes off easily. I use about a quarter sized dollop on a damp MF applicator pad for 1 - 2 panels with moderate hand pressure. After I`ve worked my way around the car, I use a clean MF towel to buff it off. I`ve also left it on overnight, and perhaps it was a little harder but nothing too bad. I`m curious about OutlawTitan`s comment that WOWO gave superior results. Superior in the sense that it was easiest to buff off or that it gave improved durability? Anyway just my 2 cents....

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a WOWO method for KAIO, but like to let the KSG dry before removing. Sometimes an hour, sometimes more or less. I do what someone earlier mentioned, just work on wheels, interior, etc and then remove.

Also, I use a damp applicator pad for the KAIO and a dry one for KSG. I had a bad experience once (oily haze/film remaining from the SG that was virtually impossible to remove) with KSG and damp applicator pad once, and while I`m not certain that was the culprit, it hasn`t ever recurred when I used a dry applicator.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    I compared WOWO with letting it dry a bit last night and it definitely gets a *LOT* more difficult as it dries (I think it probably depends on temp, humidity etc). I reckon my WOTOWO technique works well (Wipe On Thin Out Wipe Off) as it allow a little drying without the glaze being too thick... Will be putting a second coat on this weekend with this technique so I`ll report back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information