Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. So Im a total newb to this detaling stuff. Actually I just had a friend throw up all over my car and Im thinking instead of paying ~$150 for a shop I Can do it myself and maybe have some supplies for future detailing.

Anywa I would like to shampoo the carpets. Now do I need a special device fot his? The Hi-temp carpet shampoo from top of the line seems like good stuff but how I apply it? I plan to use my house vacuum on the carpets and I will ne be spending $600 on an extractor.

Do you guys think I can get goot results. Similar to how they shampoo you interior at a car wash? So please if someone could explain how to actually shampoo a carpet that would be great. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why did you make two threads for this??
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Hrm...

Spray w/ APC

Brush w/...A BRUSH!

Suck w/ .... a wet/dry vac!

Seems easy enough.

Oh wait, this is the throw up guy...read your other post
    2006 Atomic Blue Honda Civic w/Navi

Post Thanks / Like
    check this thread out. it`s been my preferred method for quite some time.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....tilez+interior

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    Why did you make two threads for this??

This is actually for another car that I own. And I didn`t want to clutter that thread. Thanks guys.

I kept finding carpet shampoo and then to suck it out with a wet/dry vac (what exactly is that?) But no tips for people that dont have a machine.

By the way I think I have a vacuum somewhere that instead of collecting the dirt into a bag does it goes into water. Is that a wet/dry vac or is it just a fancy vacuum cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrm
    This is actually for another car that I own. And I didn`t want to clutter that thread. Thanks guys.

LOL.

Time for a new friend, don`t you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    MachB5 thanks for that thread! It`s awesome! Just what I needed I think.

Anyway guys I checked my basement and found a water vacuum cleaner. It is a Zepter Cleansy. It says its a dry vacuum cleaner but there is a compartment for water right in the front so when I suck up dirt it goes straight in the water. Any1 have a clue if this will be good to suck out the the carpets?

*EDIT* Here is the link to the exact vacuum cleaner that I have. I couldnt find the HP ratings anywhere but it says it can suck up liquids. Can someone take a look please and tell me if it is any good? Thanks.

http://www.zepter-homecare.com/index.php?m=110&p=9110

Post Thanks / Like
    where in LI are you? I am in Farmingdale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrm
    MachB5 thanks for that thread! It`s awesome! Just what I needed I think.

no problemo! i have a handful of threads saved to my favorites for quick referencing,,,and that`s one of them.. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks again guys. topnotch I am in plainview very close to you.

So can someone tell me if the vacuum cleaner above is powerful enough/good to use as an "extractor" Im getting really excited about this stuff now. If this works out Im going to detail the interior of my other car as well! By the way I still need a nice smelling APC.

Post Thanks / Like
    My question is what`s with all the throwing up in cars and why? I find two threads on two different vomit ridden cars a little odd.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    actually my friend got food poisoning. So its really not his fault. Anyway any1 have any news on my vacuum? lol.

Oh and I also ordered some odor eater from CG I hope that will remove the smell because right now when I open the door. Oh man...

Post Thanks / Like
    I need some good smelling APC as well so feel free to make reccomends.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    oh bellieve me I did an extensive search and read a lot. I thought I would APC instead of shampoo and just suck it up with a vacuum. Does the Meg. APC smell any good? And can I get it at pepboys or autobarn or something?

Also I really need to know if this vacuum is any good for "extracting" because Im not really sure about the specs. So that`s the number one thing I need to know right now. Thanks again guys you are great!

Here is the direct link to the specs again. Thanks everyone for helping me out. I would have been so clueless if not for you guys.

http://www.zepter-homecare.com/index.php?m=110&p=9110

So far I have petzyme from petsmart coming, I`m planing on using it to treat the spot. And also odor eater from CG to also spot treat to get rid of the smell. In addition I plean to use the odor eater and petzyme on the leather seat as well to get rid of the smell. I havent picked out good smelling APC (Folex is recommended but I think it is odorless?. And also need to know if my vacuum is powerful enough to suck that gunk out. If not Ill pick up a rigid dry/wet vacuum from Home Depot but I would prefer not to spend the $ on it if mine will do the job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information