Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may be a stupid question, but I thought I`d ask. I plan to make some purchases from PakShak and Autogeek in the next few days, and I was wondering if there`s a chance that they`ll freeze during shipment? Maybe I`m just being paranoid, but I know that if detailing products freeze, they tend to be worthless afterwards. Does it get cold enough in the belly of a cargo jet for them to freeze? Does the UPS truck/warehouse ever get cold enough to affect them? I haven`t heard anyone else mention anything about not having products shipped in the winter, so I might just be worrying for nothing.
    2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it gets very cold in the plane, and on the UPS truck. But... even in the summer the plane is going to get really cold. Amazingly cold actually. I get stuff all winter, and as long as it doesn`t sit on my front step all day its fine.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    UPS may be different, but stuff sent via USPS (international orders) does freeze, and does leak all over the other stuff and does make for a sad arrival day. Water based products are, of course, more prone to freezing than petroleum solvent type products.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else?
    2005 Dodge SRT-4

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve gotten stuff during the winter months and never really had problems with them freezing, or being damaged. They we`re carnuabas so that might be why. I usually try to do most of my ordering around October/November to decrease any chance of it freezing on my doorstep.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do any product ordering in the fall. I don`t order anything once we start getting consistent high temperatures in the mid-30s. Besides, I don`t use many products in the winter anyway. It`s about limited to QEW, S&G, #16, WG tire gel, NL, Total Eclipse, 1Z Lederpflege, and VM.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it depends on the product. Usually every product I get shipped to me gets frozen. Therefore, I`ll order my wax/polishes during other months. Products like Quickshine, or S&W I don`t worry about, as if they freeze it won`t damage the product. Having said that, I still try and order these products during non-winter months.

Post Thanks / Like
    wait for a warm spell or ask for ground shipping if possible. I`ve had stuff freeze - - it`s a bummer.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got some Tropi-Care samples in the mail today and the sample of TC-3 xP polish had been subjected to freezing temperatures, as I had been out of town, and when I got back, they were in the mailbox. I e-mailed tech at Tropi-Care to see what they suggested. Boo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why worry about it, the wax etc will face huge temperature variations once it is on the paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the idea is that the various chemicals/compounds that make up any product, have different freezing points and will separate under freezing conditions. I don`t know if the various chemicals/compounds would re-combine to the proper solution when thawed. The solvents in the waxes and other products evaporate after application, so those do not remain on the paint to face the huge temperature variations.

But regardless of that, there`s always the problem that a product could freeze and burst the container.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    .....But regardless of that, there`s always the problem that a product could freeze and burst the container.

That is a good point I had not considered. I have not searched for the answer but would we not see a lot of threads about damage caused by freezing conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve from Tropi-Care e-mailed me back and said to simply let the products warm up to room temperature, give them a good shake, and continue on my way. Since I`ve never used TC products before, I won`t have anything to compare with, so I guess I`ll go ahead and use the sample on the skins of my V-Rod and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing! My order for the entire Optimum line and the giant jug of AIO is due today and it`s freezing outside with snow on the ground. I ordered to take advantage of the discounted prices.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowejackson
    That is a good point I had not considered. I have not searched for the answer but would we not see a lot of threads about damage caused by freezing conditions.

We might, but many people probably cut back their ordering a lot during the cold months.

I`d be particularly concerned with water-based products like tire gels and such.
    Paul...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information