Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a sample from 04Cobra-link to his review: http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...light=pink+wax

Thanks Kyle...and thank for the extra product you tossed in, that was very generous of you!

Anyway, I just got it yesterday so I really haven`t had much time to play around with it. The wax is very soft, almost gel like...even softer than Natty`s is. It has a solvent or chemical smell so it may not layer well but no matter, one application looks pretty nice.

I applied and removed it the way I use S100, Natty`s or #16. A fender or two at a time and removed. It seems to haze very quickly and wipes off easily. I`d put its ease of use between S100 and #16.

I used it on a 2004 Nissan Titan that I have on a twice a month maintenance plan, so I`ll be able to monitor the durability. I applied Pink Wax over an approximately 6-7 week old application of Glanz Wax (the truck`s initial wax job). It didn`t really change the appearance much other than to make it look wetter. Seems a very neutral looking wax, sort of like Natty`s where it really doesn`t affect the color (as in deepen it) but it just looks wetter and a bit deeper. So far, I really like it.

Here are a couple shots. No whole truck shots, too much shade on parts of the truck, it just wouldn`t have turned out too well.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks to a very interesting product, part sealant part wax. Would you still use a sealant? Does it layer? I`ll be interested in it`s durability and how long it looks wet. How slick does it feel?
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear your initial thoughts there Scott. I`m curious about your durabilty update! And your welcome for the extra item, just a little thank you for all of your help!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    For maximum durability your supposed to let the product sit for 10-15 before wiping, this allows for the cationic bonding to occur. This information directly from a Finish Kare representative.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The FK site suggests using a sealant first, and then using the wax. It also says it`s layerable. (I haven`t tried layering it.)

I found that, although it adds some slickness, it seemed less slick than its 218 sealant.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gbackus

For maximum durability your supposed to let the product sit for 10-15 before wiping, this allows for the cationic bonding to occur. This information directly from a Finish Kare representative.

I didn`t have any instructions with it and the product was very easy to remove without waiting...and I was working in the sun so it was hazing very quickly. Next time I`ll wait 15 minutes and see how that goes.

BigLeegr-if I need to use a sealant first on customer`s cars, then I will just have to apply it right over a sealant since I normally don`t have the opportunity to come back 24 hours later to apply a carnauba topper.

I`m thinking EX w/carnauba would make an excellent base.

Thanks for the tips, y`all! :wavey
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I didn`t have any instructions with it and the product was very easy to remove without waiting...and I was working in the sun so it was hazing very quickly. Next time I`ll wait 15 minutes and see how that goes.

I know when Spoiledman was trying some out on his car when I first got it, he forgot about it and left it on for something like 2 hours and according to him it came off really easily. I`ve let it sit for 30 minutes(doing other tasks like clean/dressing trim and tires, cleaning any streaks on glass, cleaning my pain in the *** honeycomb grill and scoops, etc.) and it came off really easily as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to promote but only to add a little product clarification.

A couple notes after reading this thread. With all Finish Kare FK1 waxes and sealants it is ideal to allow them to set for 10 -15 minutes before wiping excess film off. At this point your can layer your next coat or product. There is not a curing or waiting period between coats.

The longer you allow a Finish Kare product to dry prior to final wipe, the easier the excess is to remove.

Mazda and Ford when importing new vehicles to the USA from Japan and Australia they would apply a coat of Finish Kare 218 Poly Wipe prior to shipping. The excess film would not be removed until they reached the ports in California which could be weeks or months later. Doing this saved Ford millions of dollars in paint damage from salt water damage etc.

When layering various products it is best to do it in the following order by catagory

1. Glaze

2. Sealant (215,218,2180 ect)

3. Wax 2685, 1000P

4. Spray Detail

Ideally avoid washing a vehicle for 48-72 hours after applying any Finish Kare Sealer or wax. Though they can be layered imediately after buffing they will continue to cure for several days. As they cure they harden. As they harden they will get brighter and slicker. So to judge the true or maximum slickness or gloss etc may take several days.

If you apply products in this order you should get maximum adhesion.

All the products which incorporate the same tech as our mold release line which are designed to withstand really nasty environments (high temp, caustic chemicals etc) without things sticking ( sticking is really really bad). A vehicle hopefully will never see this so durability should be very good

We really enjoy reading everyones posts. They are very bennificial to us.

We hope our input helped

Cheers:xyxthumbs

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Finish Kare for the input! I guess if the Pink Wax can be layered, it doesn`t have any cleaners in it? Any input on durability of the Pink Wax and #2180? Thanks
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Finish Kare Product Durability -

Sealers

1. 2180 1+ years

2. 218 6 months - 1 year

3. 216 90-120 days

4. 215 90-120 days

Waxes

1. 1000P - 1+ year

2. 164 - 6 months -1 year

3. 2685 Pink Wax 90-120+ days

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The claimed durability of Finish Kare waxes is much longer than any other wax I`ve ever experienced.

You will excuse me for being a skeptic but you are a rep from Finish Kare, do you have any unbiased tests / studies that will back these claims?
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gbackus

I know when Spoiledman was trying some out on his car when I first got it, he forgot about it and left it on for something like 2 hours and according to him it came off really easily.

Yes I did apply it and forgot about it. It was about 2 hours from the time that it was applied until removed and it came off as easy as S100.

I am interested in trying the sealant (2180) but don`t want to buy a gallon to find out it`s just OK and don`t want to buy a smaller bottle to find out it`s the shizzle!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TOGWT

The claimed durability of Finish Kare waxes is much longer than any other wax I`ve ever experienced.

You will excuse me for being a skeptic but you are a rep from Finish Kare, do you have any unbiased tests / studies that will back these claims?
    I`ll second this request for proof as those are some rediculously long durability times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Finish Kare

3. 2685 Pink Wax 90-120+ months

Should that be days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most Finish Kares Products were developed for the manufacturers so yes they have been independently tested extensively over the years. The numbers given, for the most part, were taken from testing done by Companies like Ford Mazda VW etc. With Pink Wax ,being a new product, we did our own lab coat/clip board glossozmotron testing. We also polled various professionals whose work is known to us for their results.

Its sad but we also test products by "half waxing" everything in sight so we can see what a finish looks like with and without a particular product over time.

Label us as "Reps" I guess but we really prefer the other 4 letter word Tech.

Our goal here is add clarification to speculation about the products. But the only results that really matter are the ones you come to when using ours or anyone elses products.

Cheers

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information