Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all!

I can`t believe Pinnacle is ending production of the Paste Glaz wax. This has been my "goto" carnuba for light colors for some time...so I bought a few of the "buy one get one free" deals to stash away. I like the Signature Series a bunch...it has always been my "goto" carnuba on dark metallics but I have yet to use it on a light color...that was always a PG job for me. To those that have used both waxes on light color vehicles what are your opinions? Is the Signature Series a worthy replacement for PG? How do the looks differ on a light colored vehicle?

Thanks for your input!

Mike
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

Hello all!

Is the Signature Series a worthy replacement for PG? How do the looks differ on a light colored vehicle?

Thanks for your input!

Mike

In a word............... YES! The Signature Series paste looks great on light colors! I can`t tell the difference on most light colors between PG and SS................ of course, my eyes are getting old!
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I love Signature on my Solara. I never used PG so I can`t say that one is better than the other. SilverLexus has used both so hopefully he`ll chime in.

You can check out my pics of Signature topping AIO: http://photobucket.com/albums/v415/m...e%20Signature/

These are a few that Lee took: http://photobucket.com/albums/v415/m...er%20Showdown/

The ones Lee took are at 2 different resolutions. I think it would look great on your car. Let me know if you want to try it sometime.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll let you know what I think of Signature tomorrow. As I write this, I am taking a break from applying AIO, SG, and then Signature.

Signature better impress me because I had a very hard time touching my car with AIO. I didn`t want to remove my last process of AIO-SG-Natty`s-#16, which looked superb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my view. Paste Glaz imparts a slight yellow tint like #26 does...Signature has a nicer look that works well on light colors. It`s a little more expensive but works well.

I do still prefer P21S or S100 by a slight margin.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee,

Have you tried #16 or Natty`s on your car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

Have you tried #16 or Natty`s on your car?

That was going to be my suggestion.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    "Have you tried #16 or Natty`s on your car?"

I`m not a big fan of #16 since I used to use it on my prior ES with middling success (a beautiful Oyster Pearl gold/silver finish). I have not tried it on the new car, maybe I will since my technique has improved. I find #16 a bit difficult to apply compared to the new stuff.

To be honest, I`m a bit skeptical that it will be better than P21S which I have now (two jars!). I`ve tried everything and nothing seems to beat the P21S look on silver. I will keep an open mind though.

I`ve got some Natty`s on order for my car but I did not like on my wife`s Camry. How`s the durability?

Heck, I`m an Autopian: I will try anything once.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    #16 is a PITA to remove but the look on my Lunar Mist has been unlike anything I`ve tried before. Very crisp, clear, reflective, and shows off the metallic flake. Natty`s also looks nice but it has a wetter appearance and darkens the paint. Natty`s will not be as durable.

I`m still under the assumption that P21S is very similar to S100 which I have used on black. Haven`t used it on silver because I`ve read P21S and S100 are better for dark colors. Maybe I`ll try the S100 on my mom`s silver SUV...

I just finished putting Klasse AIO and SG on my car in prep for Pinnacle Signature. I`ll apply the Signature tomorrow after another wash. Hope I like it because like I said above, I had a hard time touching my car with the AIO to remove Natty`s and #16. This is the third carnauba I have put on my car in a month, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Haven`t used it on silver because I`ve read P21S and S100 are better for dark colors."

Not true! if anything in my experience P21S/S100 is better on light colors. It works great on dark colors as well but gives blacks a more reflective look (which some prefer) than wet, glossy look ala Souveran (which some prefer).

Wherea Souveran is best on dark, P21S I have found to be very versatile on any color.

If Natty`s darkens the paint slightly then I am losing enthusiasm but will probably try it anyway being an OCD Autopian.

I have a small suggestion for the Solara process...Once you have AIO in place and surface prepped, try a section with P21S and a section with Signature. You may find the P21S or S100 is better. I find P21S to be a very clear wax whereas Signature has some slight or very slight darkening properties. Maybe you can try both on a lower section as a controlled test.

I think P21S is the same as S100 or so close there is no effective difference. I use P21S only because I got a deal on some kits from Top of the Line...
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll do either the hood or trunk 50/50 with S100 and Signature. Wonder if a camera could pick up on the differences on the highest resolution?

Or maybe I`ll do 33/33/33 (#16/S100/Signature).

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

I`ll do either the hood or trunk 50/50 with S100 and Signature. Wonder if a camera could pick up on the differences on the highest resolution?

Or maybe I`ll do 33/33/33 (#16/S100/Signature).

Only an Autopian, LOL! I`d love to see pics! We really had a hard time telling on Lee`s Lexus...I thought the Pinnacle picked up the flake a bit more, but that may be my bias.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    "Or maybe I`ll do 33/33/33 (#16/S100/Signature)."

Pure Autopian speak!
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    TW85 HHI-#16 is a piece of cake to use if you apply it like S100, a panel at a time and remove. Thin layers and not letting it completely dry are the key.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am officially sick. I divided my trunk lid into 1/4s and applied Natty`s, #16, Signature, and S100. I doubt appearance differences will be noticeable, but I am also going to test the durability over a 4 week period. I would go longer, but I think mtodde is coming to Hilton Head for Thanksgiving so I need the best product to be on my car by then. :LOLOL

Sorry about the poor lighting.

Scottwax,

You`re right. I just applied #16 to a 1/4 section of my trunk lid and it was a breeze to remove. The first time I used #16 I applied it too heavily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information