Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    New pics on Page 2

__________________________________________________ ____________

The Product: Meguiar`s Detailer`s Line Hyper Dressing

Smell: Smells like grape soda. I like

Viscosity: In it`s raw form it is a very thick, light purple liquid. I diluted 2.5:1 and it was a very thin liquid (like water).

Packaging: Comes in the newest edition of a gallon container yet. It has a handle and a child safety top. Seems very durable.

Price: $35.99/gal from www.premiumautocare.com . Since I diluted 2.5:1, a gallon will go a VERRRRY long way and is very cost efficient.

How I used it: I tried it with both an uncleaned and cleaned surface. Cleaned worked better for me.

For tires/wells, I tried via foam applicator, tire swipe, and spray on. At the end of the day, the spray on technique was best. I sprayed a very fine mist on the surface of the tire and let sit for 5 minutes. If I applied directly to an applicator it seems to just sit on the surface and bead. Anyways, let sit for 5, then took an Eagle One Tire Swipe and sprayed a little on there and massaged it onto the tire. This proved to leave a little purple liquid still visible. I found that after this, you let it sit for about 20 minutes and you are all set. At 2.5:1 , the gloss level is a low-gloss sheen, very similar to Armor All...maybe a touch glossier if you want to critique. Wells, just spray on, and walk away...20 minute dry time again.

On vinyl and plastic, I liked using a foam applicator the best. I applied Hyper Dressing to the applicator and lightly rubbed onto the surface. Let dry for 5 minutes, and come back with the same applicator to ensure complete coverage.

Final Thoughts: I like this product a lot in the wheel wells, on plastic, and on vinyl. It deepens the color slightly and leaves a low gloss sheen.

On tires, it is a bit finicky. I tried 3 different methods (as stated above) to get the best results, but in the end it seemed to take a little while to get the tires right. I tried this product on 4 different vehicles today so I know it wasn`t a fluke. In the end though, I found, that I should do the initial dress, then apply the LSP to the vehicle, then massage the dressing into the tires, remove LSP, then wrap it up...By this time, they`re all dry.

I took the car for a spin after 25 mins and ZERO sling (I got on it too ).

I don`t have to buy this product again for a long time :lol . This is gonna last me a long time. I`m glad I like it so far . I will continue trying new methods to make tires easier and report back.

Pics

Before

1 minute after spraying

All Done

On a Mustang

On Plastic

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow those are some ugly tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    another great review sean, thanks alot for taking the time to inform the rest of us !!
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review, I also picked up Hyper Dressing but haven`t had the time to try it out. After reading Seans comments I think it will be used just for wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review Sean. I may try some of this stuff. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    DetailGirl: I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but please keep comments like that out of here unless you specify sarcasm...Thanks

Glad everyone else is finding this useful. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Hyper Dressing for about 3 months now. It seems as though the first time you wipe it on the tires that it`s not penetrating at all. I have found that if you wipe some on with a foam pad and then make a second trip around the car that it settles in just fine. I agree about spraying in the wells as that seems to work best and lasts the longest if its allowed to dry before driving.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good review. :up I like the shine - neither high gloss nor low gloss.
    Check out my detailing

Addicted to Autopia !

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review! I`ve been pretty pleased with Hyper Dressing too but last time I checked, my Meguiars distributer hadn`t received their initial shipment yet. I think I will just wait until they have it because pros get a discount there.

raven-go ahead and use it on the tires too. I`ve been using it on them and while HD doesn`t seem to soak in quickly on dry tires, once you use it regularly on them it works great.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, how would you compare it to the two products I`ve been using recently; Blackfire tire gel and Einmann Fabrik Black Opal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it collect dust? I`m looking for a tire dressing that doesn`t collect dust since I drive on dirt roads and in dusty conditions regularly. Many tire dressings, like Mecguiar`s Rubber & Vinyl, are dust magnets and the tires end up looking worse using a dressing than they do if I just scrub the tire clean and leave undressed.

To date the best dressing I`ve found for not attracting dust is 303. I apply it then wipe it off really well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by beau

Scottwax, how would you compare it to the two products I`ve been using recently; Blackfire tire gel and Einmann Fabrik Black Opal?

:nixweiss I have no idea since I haven`t used either product.

Short Cut-I haven`t had any problems with Hyper Dressing or Armor All attracting dust.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Some new pics . Any plastic or rubber has Hyper Dressing on it.

2.5:1

2:1

The tires look low gloss because the rubber is shot and has never been dressed

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hyper Dressing rocks, I have been using it for about 2 months now. I was using it to dress interiors at one point till I found it had no UV protectant. It lasts about 2 weeks on tires diluted 1:1. It runs about $29 a gallon but can be diluted 4:1.
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Little update...

I found that if you let the mixture sit a day before using it, allowing it to marinate, it works MUCH better. Goes on with much more ease.

2:1 is still my go to dilution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information