Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up a can (1l) of Dinitrol 7040 HARDWAX. It`s supposed to be a polymer-sealer which may last up to a year!

I talked with the Finnish representative and he told me that it doesen`t contain any cleaners but has some chemical solvents. I asked if it can be applied on top of an "oily glaze/polish" like Meguiar`s #7 and he told it could and he didn`t think the solvents are strong enough to clean out the polish. It`s after all designed to be applied on top of a polish. He told me that it is a kiissel-polymer (probably spelled wrong), dunno what it means but might interest someone.

It can be layered and he told me that the first 2-3 layers can be applied directly after buffing, but the next layer after that should be applied a day after.

The consistency is like water, a clear liquid which doesn`t smell wery strongly.

I tried the product on a small red test-piece which I allready had treated with #7 and #16. It is wery easy to apply and easy to buff off. I think it made the piece more reflective and deep/dark, but it is wery difficult to say on a small pice.

I intend to do a detail on my sister`s car and test this product out. My intentions were to clay the surface, clean with MPPC then polish with #9 and #7. Seal with Dinitrol 7040 and top off with #16 PPW. I`ll post pictures when done (maybe next week).

The only clay sold in finland is Meguiar`s C-2000, is it good stuff? At least it is expensive at about 60$!!

Here`s a link to a pdf on dinitrol`s homepages: 7040 Hardwax

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us up to date on your results. New product to me.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of it, kinda sounds like BF all paint finish, that is a not so strong smelling liquid that uses polymers, but it is milky rather than clear. Goes on and comes off super easy.

Looking forward to the update.

-joe
    2002 Subaru WRX Sedan

1982 Volkswagon Jetta Coupe

1984 Volkswagon Jetta Gli

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Keep us up to date on your results. New product to me.

I will, I just don`t have anything to compare it to. I`ve never used Klasse or any other high-class sealant. I could do a side-by side compare with Autoglym EGP when I find the time...

The price (~6$) on this stuff makes me a bit suspect. But the tests on my little testpiece looks wery promising, can`t say about the durability anything yet...

.silli

Post Thanks / Like
    The product is slightly milky, not fully clear. It does have a smell to it but nothing as strong as Autoglym EGP.

Here`s a picture on my testpiece, it`s not to compare against any other product but shows how the combination darkens the finish and hides swirls and marring. It gets a lot more reflective too (which doesen`t show up in the picture).

The light is a normal halogen spotlight (~3200K)

.silli

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I thought I was the only one using Dinitrol on here. At present I only have 7020 deluxe polish which is anti static and solvent free. It`s an awesome wet looker and at $20 from one of my suppliers, it`s a bargain buy. I finally found the dinitrol website and will be ordering 7000 cleaner, 7010 all in one, 7040 hardwax, 7630 hydro crystal polish and 7810 for restoring to black, badly oxidised tyres

For those that have never heard of this swedish brand, check this site out

www.dinitrol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SVR

Hey, I thought I was the only one using Dinitrol on here. At present I only have 7020 deluxe polish which is anti static and solvent free. It`s an awesome wet looker and at $20 from one of my suppliers, it`s a bargain buy. I finally found the dinitrol website and will be ordering 7000 cleaner, 7010 all in one, 7040 hardwax, 7630 hydro crystal polish and 7810 for restoring to black, badly oxidised tyres

For those that have never heard of this swedish brand, check this site out

www.dinitrol.com

Can you compare 7020 to any well-known polish? Not that I would buy any new polish before my 1litre can of #7 SCG runs out... which will be in a while This stuff(dinitrol) really is cheap down here, 6$ a bottle (1litre) is like a freebie...

.silli

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I just finished detailing my sister`s Opel Astra. After washing and claying I went through with Meg`s MPPC and #7 SCG. Applied one layer of 7040 to the whole car and buffed it off. It`s not the easiest thing I have buffed off but not too hard either. A slightly damp terry towel might have helped a lot.

As a LSP I used #16

The finish was wery good and quite frankly I don`t know if the #16 really improved the overall appearance at all. Might have made the finish a little more "wet" but not much. The appearance was more clean and slightly deep but not "super-reflective". I`m actually quite proud of the outcome.

I`ll have to do the same treatment to my fathers green Grand Cherokee, I`ll report back when that`s done...

.silli

Post Thanks / Like
    how slick was it before the #16?

it looks pretty clear...

-Chad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by srtchad

how slick was it before the #16?

it looks pretty clear...

-Chad.

It was quite slick, you could throw the towel on the hood and it would slide over to the other side. Much slicker than #16 which is not a wery slick wax.

What meaning does the slickness actually have? Other then it feels nice under your fingers

.silli

Post Thanks / Like
    i threw on some NXT and topped off with #16 and i`d have to say #16 isn`t slick at all. it`s smooth, but it took all the slickness of the NXT away. however i don`t really care since #16 is known to last a really long time and protect the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AdvonspaanDC5

i threw on some NXT and topped off with #16 and i`d have to say #16 isn`t slick at all. it`s smooth, but it took all the slickness of the NXT away. however i don`t really care since #16 is known to last a really long time and protect the paint.

Yup, not slick but wery pretty! And I don`t care about slickness, I don`t touch my car all the time, it leaves fingerprints and stains anyway

.silli

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really, I`ve never seen another brand polish like this one, It smells really nice. When I did a quick detail of my friends 20 year old car, I applied 7020 after machine compounding with wool pad, Farecla G3, hand SMR and Imperial hand glaze. Finished with Omikron Liquid Synthetic Wax and the enhancement was really dramatic. he hadn`t washed it in over a year and never polished it . Paint had faded badly and oxidised.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a detail on a friend`s car last night. Phew! It was the hardest detail ever! The car was sticky full of tree sap, but the paint was otherwise in a good shape. The problem was that the detail was too late at night and the dew/moisture started to settle on the car. It became a sweatty work, but the outcome was pretty.

I washed, clayed, washed again, dried and went through the whole car with Speed Glaze (first time, and boy do I love this stuff!!) and then topped off with 7040 Sealant. I had no time to top with a carnaubawax but the metallic black car looked real nice and shiny with the 7040 hard wax on.

Next day it started raining (again!) and I asked the owner to take a few pics. This stuff seems to bead like crazy, just like #16!

.Silli

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Silli. Detailing in very late afternoon - early evening in some climates can be difficult. The barometric pressure drops and the air gets colder and thus any wiping of the paint causes smears and streaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information