Post Thanks / Like
    Can I apply SG with a DAMP Cotton applicator? Or would that be bad for the SG. I`m having trouble getting it on there thin enough and it seems like wetting the applicator (w/ distilled water) would help a little.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I pour SG into a small 4 ounce spray bottle to get an even spray on my mf applicator. This is enough dampness and you are still able to control small amounts. I hope this make sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mist my applicator with Megs Final Inspection and I can apply SG very thin. I have never had a problem doing this and I have 15 layers of SG on my car.

I find if I use a dry applicator I can`t apply SG thin enough and it is difficult to buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Properautocare.com has some suggestions applying SG, and recommend a quick detailer sprayed on the applicator first before putting the SG on the applicator, although I have not had a chance to put my twin Klasse`s on my car yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The spray bottle way was a new one on me, tried it last week and Its a great tip, saves a ton of product too

Give it a shot for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding tip, been using it for the last three coats now, works like a charm Thanks rightlane! :xyxthumbs
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I followed one of DavidB`s suggestions and mixed 3 ounces of KSG with 1 ounce of Sonus Acrylic QD in a spray bottle. So far I have applied 2 coats to my truck with this combo and it really works great. Goes on nice and thin and wipes off very very easily.
    2003 F150 Red Supercrew

1999 Sedan Deville Concours

Post Thanks / Like
    yeap. i mist my applicator with my Eimann QD and it goes on REALLY thin making the removal a cake. how long should the first layer stay on there before removing it? I`m leaving it for about 15-20 minutes.
    If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine. - <b>Ernesto Che Guevara</b>

Post Thanks / Like
    I use one of the Viking Handle applicators and lightly mist it with EOWS before putting the SG on the app. It makes putting it on the surface so much easier. I can also control how much I apply and not get it to thick.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my SG in a small spray bottle. I spray my MF applicator with Eagle One Wet Wipe `N Shine followed by SG and apply it the entire vehicle. I wait 15 to 20 mins. to dry. I use the 2 MF towels (1 damp and 1 dry) method, it works pretty good. Don`t apply the SG on a hot surfaces or direct sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I mist my pad very very lightly with plain water. I do this so that there`s no chance of confusing dry QD spray for dry SG, but there`s enough water to help thin out and spread the SG better. Don`t use very much at all though, or it will be too runny.

I put my SG in a tiny 1oz squirt bottle because it lets me draw a very fine line of product and control amounts very well without any waste.

I`ve described my process in excruciating detail at one point in the past....

Thread Information