Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    At the shop I started working at today, we use Blue coral. Anyone else here know anything about it? Quality Durability ect. (The glaze gives a pretty good shine). I also learned how to use a dewalt rotray! Way better results then my pc in my oppinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blue Coral has been around for over 50 years. Back in the day this was the ultimate. I still have blue coral in my shop, but I believe there are better products out there today., Customers still call me and ask for blue coral by name.

Post Thanks / Like
    i haven`t used it on my car but i want to try it and compare it to sg. Because it is 200x`s easier to take off and leaves no hazing. Anyone know how it compares to klasse?

Post Thanks / Like
    What are we talking here The original 2 step Blue Coral of bygone years or the modern stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. No they wont compare to klasse or any of the polymer or acrylic sealents there are now blue coral is still widley used at car washs because of its price they buy it in drums to use on the automatic washs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blitz,

and it was brutal to remove the wax residue. Never used it since. Have you read the recent Wax Guru Test Report for the more friendlier waxes/polymers to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    blue coral is simply on the same scale as formula 2001 and Turtle wax. If you go to target you see there spray on wash/wax hose nossil, there car wash 1 gallon,and there crappy brushs and sponges.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blue Coral Touchless Acrylic. ::shudders::

Their wash seems to be decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha the shop i work at uses EVERYTHING blue coral. From degreaser to wax. The glaze I used on a blazer today shined really well. Its all in spray bottles and and squirt bottles. My boss said the the glaze is hella expensive at the dealer. O well, maybe when customers come to the shop i can slip them a note with my address telling them to get their cars detailed by me next time lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    FrOzen,

We are talking about two very different Blue Coral products! The original Blue Coral was one of the best products around...25 years ago! The stuff today is nothing like the old 2 step that I remember "trying" to wipe off! But that "two step" was pretty darn close to todays`s standards for shine and gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    the old stuff was very nice I belive I have used some of it the newer stuff isnt bad Im not bashing it you still can get some decent results. Hell you can get good results with turtle wax if you try.

Post Thanks / Like
    one of the bottles that one of the guys used with the dewalt rotary was lable 1 step, the glaze I used was labled carnuba. Do they still sell the old stuff?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I am aware of. If I am correct, the original Blue Coral was bought out years ago by Simonize(?). The old stuff had a liquid cleaner/polish and a can of blue colored paste wax. It was the wax that was the pain to remove. I used to use it in a 1`x1` square!!! One time I applied it to a whole side of a pick up before wiping it off. Boy, was that a royal screw up!!! I never worked so hard in my life to get a product off. But the shine was incredible!!

Blue Coral was even sold through General Motors for many years.

Too bad that the old stuff is not around anymore!

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I like there car wash formula you can get it at target its similar to gold glass shampoo produces nice suds and smells pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto on the Blue Coral wash. I`m not expert and am new to the forums, but everyone I know uses it.

It`s cheap and works well enough. Can`t ask for much more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information