Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a few bottles of Rejuvinator and Flash Liquid Paste Wax a year or so ago and used them all of one time. I didn`t really like the results I achieved (using them both by hand -- this was before I got my PC7424) and within two or three weeks the swirls were back (after the Flash wax`s oils evaporated and got washed off)...

Just wondering if anyone here uses it...
    Ben

2000 Estoril Blue M Coupe

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the Flash as well and think it is great for a quick wax. It is not really intended to fill or hide swirls though. It sprays on and wipes out easily with no streaks or smears and you can use it even in the hot sun.

I think Flash is a great product overall. They make a good tire shine too called shine-it. It sprays on nicely without drips but doesn`t last that long.
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You spray Flash Wax on? I was applying it with a Megiuar`s applicator...

Oops, did I do something wrong?
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    No you can wipe it on or put it in a spray bottle. Using it in this form is much easier. If you think about it your basically waxing your car with the same amount of effort used for quick detailing...wax you car in FLASH ,hence the name i guess.

Make sure you shake it up though because it separates into two different solutions.

Also Malco makes a great interior detailer for the dash called perfect 10. It sprays on the vents and dash and gives a semi-gloss almost dry finish. I use it for a trim shine as well.
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used the perfect 10, nice product, alot of fog. I use malco imperial paste wax, some of their dye, true grit compound. Malco, is Pro`s competition here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh. Do you like PRO products?

The San Diego BMW club has a tech session on Thursday night at a local shop that is pretty much a PRO store. I`ve used their BUMPER RENEWER and love it, but that`s the only one I`ve tried...
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive used/tried ALOT of Pro`s products. What product would you like to know about?

Post Thanks / Like
    All of `em. Which do you like?

I just got home from the tech session not too long ago. They have some pretty interesting products -- a few new ones coming out next week I heard. One is called "Blue Ice" or something for tires/mouldings which is supposed to be pretty great.

Are they as good/better than 3M?
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    i just bought a bottle of Perfect 10, great stuff, i use it on all ext things that need dressing....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Flash Wax in the past and it`s not too bad of a product works real weel for a touch up before a night out etc... They make a general cleaning prduct called Amazing Orange wich really works great on just about everything (tires,rims,carpet,vinly etc..) I also bought a Gallon of Car Was soap that was made for brushless washing machines that was great, a cap full was enough for 5 gallons of water and plenty of suds. The gallon lasted forever washing 3 cars many times a week..MALCO stuff is real popular with the local detailers in my area. I think because of the price and the fact that th MALCO truck drives from shop to shop with a full line of products on board each week

Post Thanks / Like
    The P-11 is fantastic at removing acid rain

P-40 is a great polish /cleaner and also removes the scuff marks from the p-11

Quicktor is one of the best glaze/ cleaner wax all in one type products ever.

pro-gold is a good creme wax that leaves a durable long lasting shine. A little more effort to wipe out but the shine last longer than quicktor.

Fast-track is similar to Flash and has a little bit more cleaning ability.
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Basically, then, there`s nothing here Pro or Malco makes that is substantially better than what I use, right?

For polishes I use 3M.

For sealant I use Klasse.

For wax I use S100.

For trim I use PRO Bumper Renewer (so there`s my only Pro product).

For leather I use Lexol (soon to switch to Leatherique).

For dashboards/vinyl I use Meguiar`s.

Seems like the Malco/Pro products just fit into the "alternatives" category.

:nixweiss
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just like to say that Malco/Pro products are more in the affordable catagory than in the alternative catagory. These products are sold in gallon, 5 gallon and 55 gallon drums. This brings the cost per application down.

When you own a busy detailing business this is a concern. These companies also have local distributers who deliver to your business saving time. Most importantly these companies have a huge range of products to take care of a wide variety of detailing situations.

Basically the needs of a detail business owner are different than the needs of a weekend warrior and his/her cream puff. These companies address these needs with high quality affordable products.

As a weekend warrior myself with my own cream puff, i do use more retail oriented products just because I dont want to lug around big jugs of wax and cleaners just to do my own car, plus I am a big sucker for fancy packaging and overstated claims. But in my business i do use Malco and pro products.

The reason I responded to this post was because of your mention of flash. This is one product that comes home from the shop to my driveway. Once your car is properly buffed and polished this product can serve as your quick detailer, cleaner and topper wax. Put it in a spray bottle and it is as easy to use a quick detailer but the shine is a good as s100 or Mothers with a lot less effort. I really love this stuff and think more people would use it if they trried it.
    Ferrari in 2007!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stuart,

Do you let the flash wax haze or just spray and wipe off? I have the sister company product (Presta Fast Wax) and have applied, allowed to haze and then removed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stuart: As good as S100? Really?

I was always under the impression that most liquid waxes, ESPECIALLY Flash because of it`s low viscosity, give less depth, less shine, and are more harmful for undercoated products (read: Klasse SG) because the contain Petroleum Distillates...
    Ben

2002 Le Mans Blue M5

1988 Alpine White 325iX

1985 Chrysler Green 325e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information