The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having been a Medallion user for several years, one thing I found out right away. Less is better. Put it on as thin as you can and get coverage, As long as you are putting some product on the paint, that seems to be enough. That has also been my experience with all waxes and sealants I have used.

Charles

Addendum: This post was intended to be a reply to a review in the new review section. It was not intended to be a review of Medallion. I have no idea how I managed to get it here.

C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any other comments about your Medallion experience? If you`ve used it for years, I`ll bet you have a lot of good info about it. I`d say it is a great one-step product, but just a good overall product. It has a good shine, decent longevity, and is easy to apply.

Have you noticed problems if you apply a lot of product, or do you just mean thin is better?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Medallion and like its shine. But after a rain, it leaves a lot of water spots which is difficult to remove by hand. Could be that in Hawaii, the water has a very high mineral content, but just guessing.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

Do you have any other comments about your Medallion experience? If you`ve used it for years, I`ll bet you have a lot of good info about it. I`d say it is a great one-step product, but just a good overall product. It has a good shine, decent longevity, and is easy to apply.

Have you noticed problems if you apply a lot of product, or do you just mean thin is better?
    Medallion was probably the best product for my needs, I have ever used. It has just enough cleaner to keep the paint looking good all the time. After finding Autopia, I used 3M Paste Wax over it and felt it looked great. Since I wax about every 60 days, longevity was never an issue. When I first used it, I had problems removing all the product and had to use a QD to get the greasy smears off. When I called Meguiar`s, they suggested a thinner coat. Guess what, they were right. I have heard that Medallion was reformulated and the streaking problem either reduced or eliminated. I haven`t noticed the water spotting problem mentioned. As of now, I am using Platinum UPP, Version 2, and am quite happy with it. My only reason for switching from Medallion was to gain some UV protection that the polymers are supposed to give.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    CharlesW"Put it on as thin as you can and get coverage, As long as you are putting some product on the paint, that seems to be enough. That has also been my experience with all waxes and sealants I have used. "

Very true

Thread Information