Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence disappointed

TheMeanGreen- Heh heh heh

For some reason I really *do* do a lot better working little areas at a time, but then it was different with a rotary even for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    psynx- Sorry to hear it didn`t work out, must`ve been frustrating. I`ve never used Essence, but some sorta-random thoughts follow anyhow:

-Different people get different results and I never pay any attention to demo videos in the sense of what *I* should expect
    -Using Finishing Polishes to do significant (big range there, depending how that`s defined...) correction gets lots of attention but IMO it`s not a truly viable approach for most people/situations
    -I clean my pads (including MF) *MUCH* more frequently that "once per section"; I spend as much time cleaning pads as I spend polishing, maybe more
    -I don`t work 2 x2 sections; switching to *much* smaller areas was one of the best changes I`ve ever made
    -Correcting my Audi/GM clear has always required a genuine compound
    what i meant is that i always clean my pads after every pass, i could not be done with that area but every time i pull the pad away from the paint i clean the pad. Kevin brown taught me about that to avoid transferring clear coat thats embedded in the pad to avoid micro marring while finishing on soft paints
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Post Thanks / Like

Just goes to show different people get different results with the same combination of pad and polish. Essence and a microfiber cutting pad on a Rupes machine (21, 15, Mini) works wonderful for me. I`ve used the combo on hard BMW and GM paint and not so hard Nissan paint prior to coating. Did you do a test spot prior to doing the whole car? The combo should work fine on hard Audi paint. The microfiber pad heats up the Essence quickly breaking the chemicals down. Essence is Reflect with SiO2 compounds mixed in. Reflect is a good finishing polish on its own. Mild scratches and marring should be easily repaired by Essence.
    Likes Merlin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

psynx- Ah, OK...my bad and I stand corrected, misinterpretted (obviously ). So it sounds like *that`s* not the issue.

And yeah, Kevin and I are on the same page with regard to the need to keep `em clean, which can be a challenge when using the KBM where the pad has so much product on/in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Just goes to show different people get different results with the same combination of pad and polish. Essence and a microfiber cutting pad on a Rupes machine (21, 15, Mini) works wonderful for me. I`ve used the combo on hard BMW and GM paint and not so hard Nissan paint prior to coating. Did you do a test spot prior to doing the whole car? The combo should work fine on hard Audi paint. The microfiber pad heats up the Essence quickly breaking the chemicals down. Essence is Reflect with SiO2 compounds mixed in. Reflect is a good finishing polish on its own. Mild scratches and marring should be easily repaired by Essence.
    I love reflect. thats usually my go to polish on my personal vehicles when its time to top off on a new coat of wax( im a wax addict)

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    psynx- Ah, OK...my bad and I stand corrected, misinterpretted (obviously ). So it sounds like *that`s* not the issue.

And yeah, Kevin and I are on the same page with regard to the need to keep `em clean, which can be a challenge when using the KBM where the pad has so much product on/in it.
    I think it was more me not explaining myself well enough hahaha.
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it was a finishing polish, and use it as such this weekend on my 16 Camaro. I was extremely happy with it and followed it with reload and the car looks astounding. I used the black soft pad with an orbital on 3.
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information