Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me a Beauty Wax, $50 range

Another vote for Souveran. It`s the one I always go back to when I want the best. I bought an extra when it was on sale a year ago even though I doubt I will ever finish the original jar. If I could only have one wax it would be it.
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RMD- Thanks for that post about the Soft99 Fusso. If it *does* last longer than FK1000P (I`m assuming it equals/exceeds the FK with regard to dirt-shedding since it`s slicker and also equals its antiu-etching protection, right?) I`ll be the first to see if it`ll be my new fave. FWIW, I`m getting well over a year out of the FK, and that`s on year-round daily drivers that see Ohio winters, and I`ve even tried leaving bird bombs/bugs on the paint for *months* and had no etching/LSP compromise in those spots. IF something else can beat that I`d love to know about it
    Its definitely a hard candy shine as opposed to a glow on white.

Accumulator- you have to give it a shot. You are the reason I first tried FK, and have been a devotee ever since. There is no such thing as excessive proselytizing about FK, it`s that good. But the water behavior of Fusso is crazy, definitely on par if not better than PNS, but way easier to use. The only knock of Fusso that I have heard is that you can`t let it sit too long or it`s hard to remove, but I haven`t deliberately let it sit to test this out. I let it sit for about 5 minutes, and instructions call for a bit more in winter, but the definition of winter certainly depends on location. Environmental conditions may be more of an issue when weather returns to hot and dry here in SoCal, but so far no issues. I still have the passenger doors to do, so I`m going to give it about 15 minutes this time.

I bought it from eBay, which came from overseas I believe, but after I got it I found out there is a US distributor who happens to be 10 miles from my house, and is selling it for $20. PM if you want the link. At that price why not pick up a tin? I haven`t yet seen how it deals with bird bombs, that is another great benefit of FK. On YouTube there`s a good video comparison with FK by Wax mode, who might be a member on the PBMG forums, not sure, but his reviews are great. He shows the sheeting of Fusso really well.
    Fusso comes in light and dark, but per reviews I read out there in cyberspace the only difference is that dark has a little tint in it. Even if I had a dark car, I would prefer a clear LSP.
    Likes WaxAddict, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RMD- Thanks for the offer regarding the US distributor, I`ll keep that in mind. Heh heh, won`t be trying it at present though, I`m not gonna buy any potential FK1000P replacements until I`m nearly out of it...I have way too many, uhm...accumulated...LSPs around here as it is and, other than its look on the `93 Audi, I`m simply 100% satisfied with the FK.

And part of that satisfaction is the way it`s Accumulator-proof as long as I don`t try to speed up the layering too much. (Just FWIW, I always let my LSPs set up unless doing exterior trim, so being able to do it that way is a significant personal preference for me.)

I *will* be interested to hear how your ongoing experience with the Fusso works out, and if you ever let it set up for a few hours before buffing it off I`d like to hear how that works out. I suspect it`d go fine as long as the application is nice and thin but that`s just a guess.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used quite as many waxes as you have, but a nice one I didn`t see on your list is BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax.

Also love the Pete`s 53 that you already have...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes rlmccarty2000, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    I haven`t used quite as many waxes as you have, but a nice one I didn`t see on your list is BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax.

Also love the Pete`s 53 that you already have...
    I don`t know why Blackfire doesn`t ring my bell. Maybe it should. It just seems a bit expensive for what you get.

Yeah, CG hasn`t been getting a lot of love on the forum (for a few good reasons) but Pete`s 53 is really good, as is 50/50, which I had but traded a few years ago. Blacklight is also very good, for what it is, which is a glaze with a bit of acrylic sealant, or as some detailers use it - a mild AIO.

Post Thanks / Like

RMD- Heh heh, a day later...You *have* piqued my interest with the Fusso, but [darn] it I`m gonna keep resisting until I at *least* think I only have a couple years worth of the FK left

Post Thanks / Like

Waxaddict do you have anything else besides wax for trade? I have a jar of autofinesse desire for trade if you are interested .

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Zymol Carbon on my Black metal flake, and got around the muting by
    sealing with PA first. Made my flake jump off the paint. Application was a pleasure.
    Likes WaxAddict, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great thread with a lot of information. Thanks everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I did a swipe of the Carbon on my motorcycle, which is a deep maroon with tons of flake, and it seemed to mute the flake, which I`m fine with on the bike, and will be completing the bike with Carbon, but I was skeptical how it might look on my black metal flake car, whereby, if the flake is accentuated, actually starts to look like a dark charcoal color, which is nice, as is the proper use of commas, which, as you can tell, this sentence does not demonstrate, per se.
    LOL!

Yeah, guilty of the same..

I usually use waxes on solid colors, but not always. The last time I used it on a metal flake paint finish, I couldn`t discern any muting of the flake.

For a "clearer" wax, maybe Megs M26?

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good luck with Auto Finesse Fusion. Glow of a wax but longer life like a sealant. I have gotten a good 4 months out of it on my DD that sits outside 24/7
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    I wouldn`t expect that to work because of the way it "darkens" so much (same reason why IMO it *is* good for black/red/etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    I have High Tech Yellow Wax #26, which I assume is M26. Very good wax, especially for the money.

The kind of look I like is where the car appears to have ripples and waves, where the lines of the car are blurred by the depth of the gloss. Hard to describe. Clean, jeweled paint, then straight to a hard carnauba, sometimes gives this effect... until it rains or a few days in the hot sun. CG Backlight can fake the look, again for a short time.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WaxAddict- That sounds like exactly what people mean by the term "jetting" and it what I`d expect from M26.."depth and jetting" rather than "shiney gloss" if that makes sense.
    Likes Ronkh, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    I don`t know why Blackfire doesn`t ring my bell. Maybe it should. It just seems a bit expensive for what you get.

Yeah, CG hasn`t been getting a lot of love on the forum (for a few good reasons) but Pete`s 53 is really good, as is 50/50, which I had but traded a few years ago. Blacklight is also very good, for what it is, which is a glaze with a bit of acrylic sealant, or as some detailers use it - a mild AIO.
    BF Midnight Sun didn`t get much love in my "blind survey" either. 5 Way Wax Test / Blind Survey

Pete`s 53 surprised me a bit, and it`s also part of that blind survey. And I keep forgetting to get rid of my Blacklight/V07 combo. Tried it once, didn`t care for it. Just didn`t last long enough for me to want to keep using it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information