Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What coating to try next...

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I talked to them yesterday, began the process to see if I can get a hold of some. Initially it looks like it may be a winner if it performs as advertised. Of course, the world would be a much better place if everything worked as advertised. Nice folks too.
    Got some of the Pearl Nano base/topcoat/glass coating on the way...great bunch of folks there.

Based on the some limited use in rain & snow and just general appearance of the completed vehicles, so far I like:

1. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light + Liquid Crystal c2v3 = Looks the glossiest, has kept itself the cleanest. Darkened the paint a bit (bright red)
    2. Gyeon Mohs, 2 layers + Cure = Looks nice and glossy but less so than the CSL. A bit less `self-cleaning` than the CSL as well; rain did not start sliding off the hood until around 50mph.
    3. CQuartz = Looks OK, not quite as glossy as the above 2. Dunno...just not as `inspiring` as the above 2.

Sitting on my desk and ready to go:
    - 22ple HPC
    - The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating
    - Gyeon Booster (which I`ll likely use over McKees 37 Paint Coating)

On the way:
    - Pearl Nano

Winter has returned to NE Ohio and despite being able to work in a heated warehouse, likely won`t get back to correcting/coating and vehicles until next week. All I wanna do after work in this weather is go the heck home.

Post Thanks / Like

Pearl Nano done; nice stuff application/I it is appearance-wise.

The Pearl Nano looked a bit nicer/glossier this morning after curing since Saturday. Not the slickest of finishes, much like some of the other coatings can be.

Snatched up some final items to finish up the coatings `experience`; leaves me with the following yet to do:

2010 Ford E250 van in a dark crimson metallic: Probably 2 coats of Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating

2016 Ford Transit Extended Van in bright red: 2 layers 22ple HPC

2104 Ford E250 Van in bright red: 2 layers Gyeon Prime.

Gonna have bits of some coatings left so I`ll probably pick a vehicle and do separate panels each using a bit of all the coatings except Gyeon Mohs which I used all up.

Still gotta figure out what to do with the Gyeon Booster...maybe original idea of using over McKees Paint Coating.

That extended transit van is gonna suck but can probably get away with a one step with Menz 2400 or M205.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will be going with Polish Angel Viking topped with spritz.

Post Thanks / Like

The CQuartz probably needs some Reset or Gyeon Booster on top to give it more hydrophobic abilities to match the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis hiip View Post
    I will be going with Polish Angel Viking topped with spritz.
    Would love to give it a try but a bit too costly to include in this grouping.

Will maybe give it a try on a vehicle `that matters` some day.

Have some High Gloss so realize that PA makes some good stuff but in Kamikaze neighborhood, cost wise.

Maybe it is the cost but I just really aren`t that ?interested? in Polish Angel for some reason I can`t quite put my finger on. I dunno why, really.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The CQuartz probably needs some Reset or Gyeon Booster on top to give it more hydrophobic abilities to match the others.
    Used Gyeon Cure as a `Reload substitute` after Cquartz application to give it a bit protection while it cured for a few days. The CSL got C2V3 in a like manner, the Mohs and Prime got/will get Cure after application and the 22ple will receive V1.

The others really don`t mention a specific sacrificial layer to protect after application so guess they`ll get nothing...

Post Thanks / Like

Crap...sucked in by the FLASH25 sale e-mail I rec`d at 12:10am...add Dr. Beasley`s Nano-Coating to the list. Gonna likely end up with a bunch of coatings will a little leftover in each bottle. Will have to pick out a vehicle and do 1 panel in each leftover coating; that should look interesting by the end of summer....probably try to let absolutely NOTHING touch that patchwork vehicle except for rain and see what happens.

Dr. Beasley’s Nano-Resin Hydrophobic Coating

Nano-Resin is a semi-permanent ceramic paint coating designed to provide the longest lasting paint protection possible. It provides a durable, hydrophobic barrier which will last 2-3 years. Once your vehicle has been coated with Nano-Resin it will be protected from marring, staining, UV damage, and damage from airborne contaminants. And not only will it protect the paint surface, but it will give the vehicle a hyper reflective gloss beyond anything a wax or sealant could provide.

Many other coatings contain harsh chemicals which can be damaging to your health. You can tell just by smelling them. You`ll notice that Nano-Resin doesn`t have that same chemical smell that other paint coatings have. Dr. Beasley’s formulated a coating product without using harsh chemicals other ceramic coatings rely on, so you don`t have to worry about your health or the environmental impact of the product you`re using.

Technical Information: Nano Resin`s water contact angle is 110 degrees. One layer of this coating is approximately 2 microns thick. Nano Resin`s pH tolerance is 11.

Directions
    Before applying Nano Resin, paint must be prepped. Clay and polish your paint with a light compound and a random orbital machine buffer. If your paint is heavily scratched, more polishing will be required.

Mix one part isopropyl alcohol (IPA) with four parts water in a spray bottle. Spray and wipe the entire vehicle with your IPA solution.

Wrap the suede cloth around the foam block applicator and apply ~10 drops of Nano on the cloth in a line.

Start by applying Nano in vertical lines down the panel. After you`ve covered your panel with vertical lines, go back and repeat with horizontal lines. This will ensure full coverage. Avoid getting the product in panel gaps.

When you see the product flashing (it will appear slightly iridescent), wipe the panel with a clean, dry, tagless microfiber towel.

Repeat steps 4-5 on each panel until your entire vehicle is protected. Reapply several drops of Nano on your applicator after a few panels.

After coating your entire vehicle, leave it undisturbed for one hour.
    Additional Information:
    Do NOT apply Nano-Resin in direct sunlight. Do not allow this product to freeze during storage.

If applied in temperatures less than 65-70⁰ the vehicle may need more flash time. In warmer, more arid climates Nano-Resin will need less flash time.

Inspect the vehicle in natural light for a better view of high spots.

Keep vehicle completely dry between applications and for at least 1 hour after final application. After 1 hour the vehicle can be exposed to light rain without affecting the bonding process.

Full cure will take 24-48 hours. After fully cured the surface will be noticeably glossier and the coating will be at full hardness.

Leaving the vehicle in the sun or under infrared lamps after application will shorten the amount of time needed for Nano-Resin to bond to the paint surface.

Avoid washing the vehicle with soap for 7 days after application. After this follow our prescribed maintenance regimen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

The others really don`t mention a specific sacrificial layer to protect after application so guess they`ll get nothing...
    First off I want to personally thank you for the support! The only thing I suggest with The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating is to allow 24 hours before exposing to water. If you decide to apply a second layer, it is recommended to wait 12 hours. I have layered after 1-2 hours with no adverse affects. Pay attention to temperature and application time. If the residue becomes too tacky during removal then cut your time down or reduce the work area. A final wipe with a higher nap towel after 2 hours is recommended but do so gently.

You can message me here, on Facebook, or Instagram if you need assistance. If you have an iPhone you can text me via iMessage or FaceTime.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Finally got a chance to get an extended look at the Cquartz vehicle in the sun today next to Mohs and Pearl Nano vehicles; it looked the `candiest` look in those conditions. The Mohs and Pearl looked more deep and warm in comparison.

Me eyes are getting crossed trying to discern minute differences in the bright red vehicles. Starting tomorrow on an older van with dark maroon metallic paint. Will get the Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating.

Will just need medium and fine compound/polish. One side is in *really* good shape as it was completely redone last October after a Tech peeled the passenger side off going thru a drive thru. So that`ll be easy.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information