Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Which coating is right for me?

I`m looking to choose a coating for my new truck, and curious what you experts would suggest. There are so many options available these days, it`s hard to decipher what`s what, especially with the acronyms used (for someone who doesn`t read the forums regularly).

My truck is summit white GMC Sierra. The looks of the coating aren`t super important to me. I`m mostly interested in keeping the truck looking clean as long as possible. With the often wet road conditions in the PNW I end up with a lot of spray up the sides of the truck, which really annoys me. I had cquk on my old truck, and it was OK, but I wasn`t super impressed.

What is important to me is as follows:
    1) beading/sheeting/dirt shedding
    2) durability
    3) ease of application

Thanks gang!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which coating is right for me?

I would CQUK it, then reg. CQ it, then once a year essence plus it and in between ech20 it with some sio2 mixed in, every once and a while hit it with reset, blast it with hydro esp on the wheels, .

thats what im doing this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I did essence with cquk, and reset+hydro every few washes on my last truck. I felt it was just OK, but nothing amazing. I`m looking to try something else this time around.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`d say Optimum Gloss Coat. Easier than Black Label and far better ime, and doesn`t require a proprietary polish to work right. Super easy application, couldn`t be any easier.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can try Pearl Nano. I haven`t tried it yet, but it looks really good. Talked to someone here, who I forgot who, sorry, really spoke highly of. I contacted the owner and he was really friendly and informative

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try Brandt`s recommendation, Gteching CSL with ExoV3 or V2 on top of it. He says he has never seen anything stay so much cleaner between washes, and he has a different LSP on almost every panel of his car. ExoV3 seem to darken a bit more and is supposed be more resistant to marring, ExoV2 is supposed be a little softer and is marred a little easier but it has a better contact angle(basically any angle on a panel and the beads just rolloff). I am sure he will chime in when he gets on today.

Edit: here is link to his thread about it.

Holy sheet: EXO v CSL v CSL w/EXO - A longevity test
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kamakaze ism, stupid easy, sheds water like crazy and at least 2 years durability if you take care of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Kamakaze ism, stupid easy, sheds water like crazy and at least 2 years durability if you take care of it.
    and it`s wicked fun screaming KAMAKAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Incredible stuff, even more so when Miyabi x 2 and then ISM x 1. Have a daily driver coated with this stuff last October; NE Ohio winter and so far I`m really pretty amazed at how not much sticks to it. Lower rocker panels obviously get some salt/snow/slush splashing but from mid-door up, car just *always* looks like it`s just been washed.

Sheeting after wash with Gyeon Bathe a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pmtgk2uy3Q

Post Thanks / Like

I`d enter my vote for CSL+EXO(with v3- easier to apply)

now granted you`re gonna probably need 50ml of each so that`s not really a cheap option but I`d imagine youre gonna need a large bottle of anything you use

Have you ever tried can coat? I think that would be a nice choice- a polish and then can coat and upkeep it with wetcoat and or cure- pretty easy and cost effective combo there

I have a bottle coming in this evening- just couldn`t resist giving it a try- gonna do the roof of my truck or something- still have a few test spots left, haha

I`ve been wanting to try Kamakaze stuff for quite a while, and I`d trust Mike`s word that it`s great stuff, so you probably couldn`t go wrong with it either.

I have polished my car so much I think I`ll need Kamakaze`s artificial clear coat (acc) eventually so I will probably end up going ISM+Myabi or however it would layer on top of the acc

If I could get my hands on just a tad of kamikaze coatings I could run it side by side on the driver side of my truck with csl+exo - that would be a sweet comparison.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Gloss Coat has been doing great for me. Easy to apply and would fit your needs. Pinnacle Black Label is another one that is easy to apply. Has been doing very well for me as well. McKee`s coating is getting a lot of attention right now because of the cost and ease of application.

Doesn`t get an easier than this.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another excellent coating that meets your 3 criteria (self-cleaning, durability, ease of application) would be Gyeon Mohs.

GYEON Q2 Mohs Ceramic Paint Coating - 30 ml

The kit comes with everything you need for a successful installation. Just as easy as Gloss Coat imho...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Another excellent coating that meets your 3 criteria (self-cleaning, durability, ease of application) would be Gyeon Mohs.

GYEON Q2 Mohs Ceramic Paint Coating - 30 ml

The kit comes with everything you need for a successful installation. Just as easy as Gloss Coat imho...
    q2mohs + their bead booster would be a great combo! I almost bought them both on the last sale but realized I have too many coatings already that I need to sell first.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    If I could get my hands on just a tad of kamikaze coatings I could run it side by side on the driver side of my truck with csl+exo - that would be a sweet comparison.
    Just found the Miyabi and ISM I used last October. Likely enough ISM to do a hood, probably enough Miyabi to do half of a hood (hard to tell in black bottle but something in there when I shake it).

Still liquid but about 4.5 months since opened so dunno but if you pm me your address I`ll send it to you free cuz I`d like to see it compared.

Worst case it ends up in your garbage instead of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Just found the Miyabi and ISM I used last October. Likely enough ISM to do a hood, probably enough Miyabi to do half of a hood (hard to tell in black bottle but something in there when I shake it).

Still liquid but about 4.5 months since opened so dunno but if you pm me your address I`ll send it to you free cuz I`d like to see it compared.

Worst case it ends up in your garbage instead of mine.
    wow that would be awesome. i`ll pm you now

thanks

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information