Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq or cquartz?

Which do you prefer an why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq or cquartz?

I`ve never used cquartz, but I have used CSL and EXO v2 (and plan on buying v3 soon) and really like CSL. Exo v2, I only like as a topper for CSL though, which if I would have never used it as a topper I`m sure I`d love it as a stand alone

I like the way CSL sheets water, if you top CSL with EXO v2 it makes tiny little beads that are like fk1000p beads on steroids

Brandt K.
    Likes jrock645, DKumarm3, MrEvan94, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrEvan94 View Post
    Which do you prefer an why?

That is a very broad question. Are you asking about the comparison of the brands in general, or a specific product or coating? Keeping in mind that each line has multiple products and coatings. Chances are you will get multiple and varied answers. So if you can be more specific then you will hopefully get better info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

That is a very broad question. Are you asking about the comparison of the brands in general, or a specific product or coating? Keeping in mind that each line has multiple products and coatings. Chances are you will get multiple and varied answers. So if you can be more specific then you will hopefully get better info.
    I was asking in general. Preference. Longevity. Etc. I was trying to figure out who I wanted to become certified but I decided to go with igl

Post Thanks / Like

I just never was compelled to try cquartz. I have had great results with several gtech products. Exo v1, exo v2, T1, and their trim coating. C4 I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were given the choice between Gtechniq and CQuartz -- assuming you are referring to the consumer line and not professional line -- I would go with Gtechniq. Having personally used C1, C2v3, C4, C5, G1, L1, I1 and EXOv2, I can say this is a great line of products. The only one that I did not like was C5. I would be willing to give this a second try since I think (if I am honest), my prep may not have been the best it could have been when it was applied to the wheels.

Having said that, C1 and EXOv2 were beautiful on my car, and they are holding up very nicely after 1 year on my wife`s car (kidmobile Highlander). I would use C2v3 as a topper, but I found it a bit streaky on my dark car (not on my wife`s car). I`ve used L1 and I1, and they are fine. Really the crowning jewels are C1 and EXOv2. The hydrophobicity of EXO is just insane -- even when the car is filthy.

I can`t say anything about CSL, but if given the opportunity, I would try it out. C1 is a bit grabby, and EXO makes it slick. There is a bit of a learning curve, temperature continuum and time window for doing C1 and EXO, and that`s a bit of a turn off for me, and probably why I don`t plan on using the two anymore. Again, fantastic results, but too time sensitive for me these days. There are similar products out there now that are just as good and take less effort/time to apply.

In terms of longevity, that was my issue with C5. As far as C1/EXO goes, it was holding up well on my car after 1 year, but I was correcting the vehicle for other reasons and went with 22PLE after that (experimenting). After about 14 months on my wife`s car, the C1/EXO combo is still doing a great job. G1 lasted about 1 year on my car before I had to correct and apply 22PLE (again, experimenting). What I didn`t like about G1 was towards the end of its life, my wipers started skipping. I replaced the wiper blades, but the problem persisted. Not the case with 22PLE, which is the base for my windshield right now. Spring: Gyeon View.

I am on the Gyeon bandwagon right now -- Mohs is just amazing by itself, and it`s even better topped with Kamikaze Overcoat.

I always keep Panel Wipe around because I think it`s the best prep agent out there, and I have a bottle of C1 for touch-ups here and there.
    Likes DKumarm3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    If I were given the choice between Gtechniq and CQuartz -- assuming you are referring to the consumer line and not professional line -- I would go with Gtechniq. Having personally used C1, C2v3, C4, C5, G1, L1, I1 and EXOv2, I can say this is a great line of products. The only one that I did not like was C5. I would be willing to give this a second try since I think (if I am honest), my prep may not have been the best it could have been when it was applied to the wheels.

Having said that, C1 and EXOv2 were beautiful on my car, and they are holding up very nicely after 1 year on my wife`s car (kidmobile Highlander). I would use C2v3 as a topper, but I found it a bit streaky on my dark car (not on my wife`s car). I`ve used L1 and I1, and they are fine. Really the crowning jewels are C1 and EXOv2. The hydrophobicity of EXO is just insane -- even when the car is filthy.

I can`t say anything about CSL, but if given the opportunity, I would try it out. C1 is a bit grabby, and EXO makes it slick. There is a bit of a learning curve, temperature continuum and time window for doing C1 and EXO, and that`s a bit of a turn off for me, and probably why I don`t plan on using the two anymore. Again, fantastic results, but too time sensitive for me these days. There are similar products out there now that are just as good and take less effort/time to apply.

In terms of longevity, that was my issue with C5. As far as C1/EXO goes, it was holding up well on my car after 1 year, but I was correcting the vehicle for other reasons and went with 22PLE after that (experimenting). After about 14 months on my wife`s car, the C1/EXO combo is still doing a great job. G1 lasted about 1 year on my car before I had to correct and apply 22PLE (again, experimenting). What I didn`t like about G1 was towards the end of its life, my wipers started skipping. I replaced the wiper blades, but the problem persisted. Not the case with 22PLE, which is the base for my windshield right now. Spring: Gyeon View.

I am on the Gyeon bandwagon right now -- Mohs is just amazing by itself, and it`s even better topped with Kamikaze Overcoat.

I always keep Panel Wipe around because I think it`s the best prep agent out there, and I have a bottle of C1 for touch-ups here and there.
    Isn`t C1, and C5 the same product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Not sure about now. but I know that they use to be and Gtechniq admitted to it. This is one reason I never went the GT.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumors are that C1, C4, and C5 are all identical.... but one thing is for sure, Crystal Serum Light is an entirely different animal

We`ve used C5 on some wheels, and it is very easy to use and looks great, but CSL has become one of our most loved paint coatings.

With all of that being said, CarPro CQuartz and CQuartz UK are also both fantastic products.

There are so many options in the coating market now that asking "which is best" or "which would you chose" will never really get you a definitive answer. You`ve kind of just got to decide which one you want to try and go for it.

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes Ronkh, The Guz, RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I`ve heard that as well.

It could be - as I implied - that my wheel prep wasn`t par. I got more life out of HydrO2 and Wet Coat on my wheels than I did with C5. If C5 is identical to C1, then there are numerous reasons why C5 could have failed me - the most obvious being my prep since C1 has been very good for my exposure to it.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post

Try mixing the C2v3 with distilled water at 10:1 and use it as a drying aid. Works great, no streaking. Just wash towels immediately or they will never soak up water again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`ve never used cquartz, but I have used CSL and EXO v2 (and plan on buying v3 soon) and really like CSL. Exo v2, I only like as a topper for CSL though, which if I would have never used it as a topper I`m sure I`d love it as a stand alone

I like the way CSL sheets water, if you top CSL with EXO v2 it makes tiny little beads that are like fk1000p beads on steroids
    Any idea when EXO v3 is going to be available in the states?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Any idea when EXO v3 is going to be available in the states?
    It is available now

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    It is available now

Thanks...didn`t see it here or AG. Since it was you that responded I had a good idea where to check next. I was just there yesterday and didn`t even notice it.
    Likes zmcgovern45 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used it yet Zach? Looks like the beading/sheeting will be right with CSL. Looks like it probably has a little more working time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information