Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Hex Logic Pads

So as it states. I use to have trouble with the hex logic pads leaving marring and never being able to get the paint perfect with the hex logic pads so I switched to microfibers. But I just wanted to see if anyone else has experience with this or any other problems with those pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Hex Logic Pads

The Hexlogic pads should not leave marring any more so than any other foam pad. You must have been using an aggressive pad and not enough product, causing dry contact. Or, you used a polish that you didn`t work down enough. The Hexlogic pads are nothing special.

Post Thanks / Like

They`re made for CG by Buff and Shine. They use very high quality foams. You might get some marring from a yellow or green pad, butbthe others are relatively smooth and/or soft.

What product were you using on them? What machine? What was your technique.

I use their green cutting, and blue polishing pad on just about every job I do, and they always finish beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    They`re made for CG by Buff and Shine. They use very high quality foams. You might get some marring from a yellow or green pad, butbthe others are relatively smooth and/or soft.

What product were you using on them? What machine? What was your technique.

I use their green cutting, and blue polishing pad on just about every job I do, and they always finish beautifully.
    I tried everything. I was working on my ford(relatively hard paint) and trying to get the minor swirls and such out from the dealership. I started with white pad and v38.. didn`t work so I went to v36 and the white pad.. didn`t do as well as I had wished for so I went to v36 and the orange pad and that`s when it started giving me ````.. I used 5 dime sized dots on the pad of new and sprayed the pad a couple of times with water to soften it up. After that I only used 4 dots but still sprayed it with water and worked in a 2x2 area with the torq10fx on the highest speed which is 40. And worked the polish to a haze. I used adequate pressure the whole time while using a cross hatch motion. Think I covered it all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrEvan94 View Post
    I tried everything. I was working on my ford(relatively hard paint) and trying to get the minor swirls and such out from the dealership. I started with white pad and v38.. didn`t work so I went to v36 and the white pad.. didn`t do as well as I had wished for so I went to v36 and the orange pad and that`s when it started giving me ````.. I used 5 dime sized dots on the pad of new and sprayed the pad a couple of times with water to soften it up. After that I only used 4 dots but still sprayed it with water and worked in a 2x2 area with the torq10fx on the highest speed which is 40. And worked the polish to a haze. I used adequate pressure the whole time while using a cross hatch motion. Think I covered it all

Sounds like everything was done right. I haven`t used their polishes though. What was your follow up that didn`t get you the results you were looking for? Sometimes the cutting step needs to be refined with a finishing polish combination, like the white, blue, or black pad with a fine, or ultra fine cut polish.

Thread Information