Post Thanks / Like

WG DGPS 3.0 and curing temperature...

Starting to use some stuff that I bought and never got around to using this summer and one of those things in WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Have a place (work) that is a dry warehouse (and plenty of vehicles to mess around with) so that`s not an issue but we sure don`t leave the heat on all night.

Trying a few things on our construction/plow truck ( What did you do detailing wise today? )and wanna try the DGPS + Fuzion on it. During the day the temps are about 55-60 degrees inside so after doing a little compound/polish on the truck I can easily apply the DGPS, let it haze for 30-45 minutes and wipe it off in 55-60 degree temps. The next 12 hours (overnite) it`s quite possible the temps will drop to low 50`s/hi 40`s inside the warehouse. Think this will compromise the curing/bonding process?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WG DGPS 3.0 and curing temperature...

Definitely not. In fact that`s a good temperature for a solid cure. Humidity is the enemy. Even then, you just have to wait longer to haze and cure.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WGDGPS 3.0 is by far one of the easiest sealant to use, its very forgiving and cures nicely in almost any climate (over night).

Temperature and humidity barely dents the results (i usually apply, let haze for 1 or so hour while I watch some youtube and sip on some % beverages. Buff, and leave over night. And thats it. Same results every time, even in the 40s.

Disclaimer: I never tried to apply this in "wet weather" so I can`t vouche for it curing in rain, snow, sleet, etc.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymoche View Post
    WGDGPS 3.0 is by far one of the easiest sealant to use, its very forgiving and cures nicely in almost any climate (over night).

Temperature and humidity barely dents the results (i usually apply, let haze for 1 or so hour while I watch some youtube and sip on some % beverages. Buff, and leave over night. And thats it. Same results every time, even in the 40s.

Disclaimer: I never tried to apply this in "wet weather" so I can`t vouche for it curing in rain, snow, sleet, etc.
    I agree. I love WGDGPS. But yeah, wet weather, summer weather in the South, it`ll play nice but I`ve seen smearing after a few hours, so you just have to give it some time. But every product I`ve tried is like that. I waxed a car once with Lusso Oro in July during intermittent rain storms outside, and I swear it never cured. I ended up with a cold QD wipe down the next day and that "fixed" it.

Thread Information