Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick question about AIO`s

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    The Britemax AOI is a good one and is very mild. Menzerma 3 in 1 is also a favorite. I used a lot of AOIs in the beginning and always was happy with the results as long as the car was in decent shape to begin with.
    I was curious about the Britemax AIO.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    That`s what I was thinking. I wish products from companies were guaranteed to play nicely with products of another brand.
    No to bust your wish-list for this happen, but it would seem idealistic and counter-intuitive to have manufacturer`s do this from purely a business/profit standpoint. Any car-care chemical manufacturer would want you to use their product line exclusively, and develop products that work together and are (hopefully) compatible across their lines. This is a "dilemma" we detailers face because we use products from various manufacturers as they suit our application and find that this product works best for you (compounds and polishes being one) but do not work well with other manufacturer`s last-step products that you prefer.
    Good example is Meg`s M205 polish and Autoglym`s High Definition Wax. If you do not remove the trade-secret oils (TSOs) used as a lubricant in M205 with an iso-propyl alcohol or oil remover wipe down, in my experience the AG- HD wax will "smear" or be cloudy after application removal. I think many detailers have found that ANY use of a polish requires a lubricant removal wipe-down or vehicle wash to guarantee a "clean" surface to maximize the application and shine properties of the LSP of choice, whether it be wax, sealant, or coating UNLESS you are staying within that manufacturer`s line. Some may substitute this "UNLESS" with "even if" , which is why many coating manufacturer`s make a pre-coating cleaner (CarPro`s Erase, Optimum`s Paint Prep, GTechniq`s Panel Wipe).
    Klasse All-in-One (KAIO) was/is an Autopia Forum favorite. But that was meant/designed to be followed by their Glaze Sealant. Myself I liked Meg`s ColorX because it was cheap and available over-the-counter, but then I was also sealing or waxing over it with Meg`s NXT 2.0 or M16 (the little that I have left).

My point is a one-step product is just that: a ONE step application to polish and protect with the emphasis on saving time (and money for those who are professional detailers or cost-conscious hobbyist). Unfortunately, a one-step does not correct well nor does it protect or last long, which is why many detailers end up adding a LSP of choice. The (ill)logic in that is then why not just do a two-step process in the first place, using a dedicated correcting polish and then a reflective, long-lasting LSP.

On a related note, has any one used Meguiar`s Detailer Line D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream or their Professional Line M66 Quick Detailer AIO and what is your experience with either of these two AIOs???
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The (ill)logic in that is then why not just do a two-step process in the first place, using a dedicated correcting polish and then a reflective, long-lasting LSP.
    If you do a second step it is counter intuitive. I used Griot`s finishing creme and it worked almost as easily as AIO`s so doing that then a spray wax like Blackfire is a good quick combo with better results on both sides (correcting, protection).

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information