Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax

Anyone use this specifically with Collinite a their LSP ?. I ask as I tried the original Optimum and it performed terribly (Dragging, Grabby etc.). I like the UV protection of Optimum products and OCW performs very well but if this No Rinse with Polymers and Carnuba is going to be like the original I will pass.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax

IIRC the MIA Scottwax (where is he these days?!?) found that the ONR W&W, like the current version of regular ONR, is Collinite-friendly. But don`t take *my* word for it...see what somebody who`s actually tried it says.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used ONR for several years now and I`ve always found it to be very slick so I`m confused about you saying it was `dragging/grabby`. I haven`t used this newer Optimum no rinse/wax product so I can`t answer your question - although I believe any of the no rinse products, when used properly, do not negatively affect the underlying LSP....although I`ve always thought that if/when there`s a lot of grit and grime, a no rinse product alone may not be the best choice (When there`s a lot of crud, I`ll often will do a pressure wash rinse before using a no rinse product [either my own pressure washer or the coin-op]).

Although I`ve used ONR for over 5 years, I`m switching to the Duragloss no rinse product. I`m a DG fan of their other products and I tested it in the fall and quite liked it. The DG product contains their Aquawax which I also quite like as it gives an extra layer of shine and protection over the LSP base.
    Likes quarian liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I`ve used ONR for several years now and I`ve always found it to be very slick so I`m confused about you saying it was `dragging/grabby`. I haven`t used this newer Optimum no rinse/wax product so I can`t answer your question - although I believe any of the no rinse products, when used properly, do not negatively affect the underlying LSP.....
    IIRC I was the first guy to post about this, after it *REALLY* [messd] up a fresh detail I did on my pal`s MKII Jag. The older version of ONR somehow reacted with Collinite 476S and/or 845 in a way that left the surface very "draggy", as if it had stripped the wax. I don`t believe that`s what happened, but whatever *did* happen was awfully severe and required a redo. I experienced this first-hand, absolutely *zero* question about whether it happened or how bad it was, even though some Optimum fans flamed me with "that couldn`t have happened"-type comments which utterly put me off (to put it politely) and prompted me to switch to IUDJ.

(Note I`m not hating on Optimum in general; I use/like/recommend OCW and Power Clean.)

Post Thanks / Like

@Accumulator - interesting. I`ll quickly admit to not having used ONR on a wax, since I`ve been using DG sealant. I`m thinking (wondering) that there must be some type of cleaner(s) along with the surfactant like slickness to aid in releasing/dissolving grime and just maybe this negatively affects carnuba?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using DG 932 for years now without any problems. I used some OCW on a problematic piece of plastic on the Wife`s van and so far I am totally impressed with the UV protection where a lot of other products failed. I guess the only way I am going to find out if this version of ONR with UV protectors will work is to order some. The original version once it hit the hood was an instant halt to any movement with a wash mitt, kind of like an anti-skid pad.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

So why not stick with DG 932? There are many other products more suited to restoring/renewing plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    So why not stick with DG 932? There are many other products more suited to restoring/renewing plastics.
    It is not for the plastic, I was just impressed with OCW`s UV protection. That plastic is a long story trying DLux, everything DG makes, Solution Finish, all Collinite products, FK 1000, Back to Black, Zaino products and many more that all failed miserably with in 2-3 Months sometimes weeks. Then I tried OCW after getting it Black and no fading to date. Now a lot of products tout UV protection and OCW touts UVA and UVB protection and has been the only product that seems to have worked. All that said I tend to believe Optimums claims.Optimums No-Rinse Wash and Wax claims UV protection with Carnuba so I thought I might give it a try.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

MiVor- My guess, and that`s all I can offer as Optimum claimed it didn`t happen and then changed their formulat so it *wouldn`t* happen any more (!), is that the polymers somehow just didn`t play nice with something in that wax. FWIW, the same ONR, when used on wheels, resulted in those wheels being *much* harder to clean the next time, like the brakedust was really sticking no matter whether the wheels were bare or LSPed.

"No problems like that are possible, but we changed it so they won`t happen anymore".. That`s how I read the whole incident and it left a bad taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Can this be diluted the same ratio as the blue formula for a QD?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Can this be diluted the same ratio as the blue formula for a QD?
    Don`t know. Doesn`t say anything on the ad about that and it does not appear anyone has used it.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Don`t know. Doesn`t say anything on the ad about that and it does not appear anyone has used it.

Dave
    I only asked because i have used it as at the same ratio before but not sure if that`s recommended or not

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it as a QD at 1:16. Haven`t really used ONRWW since getting D115 and Uber Rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONRW&S all the time over Collenite 845. Not only does it not grab, it enhances the slickness of the 845. The shine is "845 ish". It is easy to apply in summer and winter (non-heated garage). My bottle is the blue color, but says Optimum No Rinse Wax and Shine. I put it on with a sponge 2 buckets and dry with waffle weave towel. Takes about 20 minutes (including wheels using a dedicated single bucket).

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONR over FK1000P, and the results are quite nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information