Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: To Microfiber, or not to Microfiber???

I liked the DF Cotton towels when they were more like the thick plush Turkish bath towel. I did not like them when he changed the fabric to that `Alpine cotton` with the big loops. I have pulled them out every once an a while when Colli 476 or FK100p are being a little difficult to remove. They definitely cut into hardened wax pretty easily.

Post Thanks / Like

DBAILY- Yeah, the potential-for-marring issue aside they *can* be very good for removing LSP residue. Ron K. always said I should use them with FK1000P and overly-thick M16 seems like another good application. Not that I`m gonna do it

Post Thanks / Like

For those who have read this far into this discussion, here are some links to reputable microfiber suppliers/distributors/re-seller:

MICROPAK Micro Fiber Products

Wholesale Microfiber Car Towels ? By TowelPros

The Rag Company Home Page

If any fellow Autopians know of any good cotton huck towels or high-quality cotton "bath" towels suppliers/distributors/re-sellers, please post links to them if you can.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    My gauge lenses are too fragile for that.
    Those lenses are always fragile, but the Webril cotton wipes have proven to be pretty non-scratching for me. The only issue is the lint they leave behind. Very similar to Griot`s "100% cotton wipes" packs, but on a roll.
    I go though tons of `em for waxing doorjambs, shoe cleaning, random stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    What`s wrong with cutting them up? I mean...besides how they usually come apart sooner or later and how you gotta watch for lint (neither of which seem to be a problem for me).
    Well, I do cut` em occasionally, but yup, as you say, they do make lint, and the threads just keep going, so I`ve been doing it only on jobs like suspension scrubbing or stuff where I`m ditching the used rags.

Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line be sure whatever you use is contaminant free. Dirty cloths are to blame for "marring".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concourswanna b View Post
    Those lenses are always fragile, but the Webril cotton wipes have proven to be pretty non-scratching for me. The only issue is the lint they leave behind. Very similar to Griot`s "100% cotton wipes" packs, but on a roll.
    I go though tons of `em for waxing doorjambs, shoe cleaning, random stuff...
    Ah, OK, now I have a better understanding of those cotton wipes! And coincidentally enough I`ve been using my old roll of the Griot`s cotton "paper towels" just this week after not touching them for maybe a decade! Yeah, those *are* soft, but I`d still bet my best MFs are softer. Heh heh, nah...I doubt I`ll do a proper comparison

Well, I do cut` em occasionally, but yup, as you say, they do make lint, and the threads just keep going, so I`ve been doing it only on jobs like suspension scrubbing or stuff where I`m ditching the used rags..
    It`s funy how some unravel and lint something awful, while others I`ve cut have stayed OK for ages! I have a PakShack Ultra-Soft with a big hole in the middle of it that hasn`t gotten worse at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information