Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings vs. Standard LSP`S discussion

Can`t speak for other coatings, but Opti-Coat`s glossy look never dropped off of my cars. Even my wife`s black metallic van that has been coated 6 years ago. It depends on how you maintain it too. An accumulation of bad washes will certainly haze the coating, but if you properly wash it (which OC aids in reducing wash marring) it will stay looking great for a long, long time.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Thomas Dekany, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    You do realize that no one held a gun to my head to be an installer? My car after 12 months looks as glossy as the day I installed OC Pro. If OC was applied correctly, the look doesn`t diminish - the difference between OC and nano sealants aka coatings. After how many months did OPTI COAT PRO started to look boring on your car?
    Yes, I do realize this, I also realize that if people read what I and many others have said they may opt to not use oc, which I do feel is a good coating btw. It`s a business move for people like you as I would expect from anyone tbh.

I guess I started to lose the look after about 6ish months, but I was never fully happy with how it came out on my freshly polished paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I will take some pictures of the car tomorrow and post it.

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, I feel 22ple looks much better IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that the look only lasted 6 months. I wonder why that happened? Was this the Pro or Consumer version? What was the condition of your paint after this degredation started happening?

Post Thanks / Like

I will take some pictures of the car tomorrow and post it.
    If you want, feel free. It`s not proving anything other than it`s worked for you. That`s great, it doesn`t work we`ll for others as well. If it did, why discontinue oc for gloss coat?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Sorry to hear that the look only lasted 6 months. I wonder why that happened? Was this the Pro or Consumer version? What was the condition of your paint after this degredation started happening?
    The car was new, polished perfectly IMO, but after about 6 moths washing it wasn`t bringing back the look, nor was it beading anymore, and I used everything on it, ONR, dawn, APC, I really questioned if it was even still on the car. It was oc 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    why discontinue oc for gloss coat?
    From my understanding, Opti-Coat 2.0 (oc as you refer to it) was discontinued due to non-Authorized people passing it off as the Pro to their customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    From my understanding, Opti-Coat 2.0 (oc as you refer to it) was discontinued due to non-Authorized people passing it off as the Pro to their customers.
    Gloss coat sounds like its a better product anyway, but I never used it, so I can`t say from experience

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, I feel 22ple looks much better IMO.
    If one understand the difference between an actual clear coat like Opti Coat Pro and a nano sealant like 22ple, one would know that in the past, one couldn`t have both: Either permanent protection and a little less gloss or more gloss but limited durability. Of course now with Opti Coat Pro +, you can have "extreme" gloss and the durability of Opti Coat Pro.

Here is an example of OCP+

_5240016-HDR by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

_5240008-HDR by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

And some regular OCP finishes. Don`t understand how one is NOT HAPPY with OC on prepped finishes.

_5310010-2 by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

_5080014 by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

P8300010-HDR by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

P6140005-HDR by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

Opti Coat Pro Detail by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

Corrected and Opti Coated by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

_C290007 by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

PC120016.jpg by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

PB260010.jpg by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr

PA030022.jpg by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My opticoat 2.0 looked great for the whole 2 years. I polished it off at that point because I wanted a slicker finish and better beading. It was still ok but I wanted to try something else. Gloss coat also looks amazing, is slicker and beads very well.

is that because you are an authorized opticoat dealer perhaps? I know plenty of people on both sides of this argument, the truth is that after a bit of time oc looks less than stellar, or perhaps just boring is the right word.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Thomas, cars look great. and thanks for the video. Subscribed to your channel.
    Likes Thomas Dekany liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want, feel free. It`s not proving anything other than it`s worked for you. That`s great, it doesn`t work we`ll for others as well. If it did, why discontinue oc for gloss coat?
    I have been saying this for a while now, and most people do not like it - If a product works as advertised for most users, do you not think that the issue maybe in the prep and not so much the fault of the product if it failed? Because we both used identical products how can it work only sometimes?

While applying a coating isn`t rocket science, durability will suffer if it isn`t applied correctly, like leaving it on the surface long enough, making sure to not wipe off too much when leveling etc...

I yet to see a car not lasting if the coating was applied the right way.

As far as OC 2.0 vs Gloss Coat, I see that David has replied to you, so you can see that you assumed wrong, it had nothing to do with OC failing. But Gloss Coat is a semi permanent coating, unlike Opti Coat Pro.

If my car is still as glossy as day one after a year, it most definitely proves that if applied correctly, it will last a long long time, and maintaining that freshly detailed look and not loose its luster after 6 months as you claim. The longest lasting Opti Coated car I have heard of is going 8 years strong.

PS: Opti Coat 2.0 after more that 3 years, owned by an elderly lady in her 80s - takes it to a swirl o matic 2x a months, always sits in that spot, never covered - don`t know how, but still looks great - in this picture it is pretty dirty, when it comes home from a wash, it looks beautiful. (she just lives down the street from me)

P8310004 by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    Nice work Thomas, cars look great. and thanks for the video. Subscribed to your channel.
    Thanks! I am not much of a video guy but I will document the Outback for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been saying this for a while now, and most people do not like it - If a product works as advertised for most users, do you not think that the issue maybe in the prep and not so much the fault of the product if it failed? Because we both used identical products how can it work only sometimes?

While applying a coating isn`t rocket science, durability will suffer if it isn`t applied correctly, like leaving it on the surface long enough, making sure to not wipe off too much when leveling etc...

I yet to see a car not lasting if the coating was applied the right way.

As far as OC 2.0 vs Gloss Coat, I see that David has replied to you, so you can see that you assumed wrong, it had nothing to do with OC failing. But Gloss Coat is a semi permanent coating, unlike Opti Coat Pro.

If my car is still as glossy as day one after a year, it most definitely proves that if applied correctly, it will last a long long time, and maintaining that freshly detailed look and not loose its luster after 6 months as you claim. The longest lasting Opti Coated car I have heard of is going 8 years strong.

PS: Opti Coat 2.0 after more that 3 years, owned by an elderly lady in her 80s - takes it to a swirl o matic 2x a months, always sits in that spot, never covered - don`t know how, but still looks great - in this picture it is pretty dirty, when it comes home from a wash, it looks beautiful. (she just lives down the street from me)

P8310004 by Thomas Dekany, on Flickr
    Lol, yes I know the whole "you didn`t do it right" thing Thomas, thanks but I know I applied it correctly. I also have a host of pictures of cars I`ve done too btw, all with various coatings

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information