Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coatings vs. Standard LSP`S discussion

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Exactly! OC was the same way, I was on here before and was talking about losing its beading ability, a few mentioned an APC or dawn wash, but that never solved the issue.

I`m curious how long your waxes last over the PBL coating?
    I dunno really.

What I do think is a major difference is the
    quartz coatings are supposed to have nothing topping it except a "rejuvenator or coating booster" (reload type thing), where as the pbl coating is "ceramic" type coating (i`m guessing here) and these you can top,,,,,

as I said, I`m guessing here. But one thing I have noticed is that quartz coatings spot a ton and I haven`t really seen spots on the pbl stuff I`ve done. (but those would be harder since they are lighter color cars
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes XxBoostinxX, boxingfan30, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure how long my waxes last. The car is garaged but driven about 3 times a week and I have never noticed any loss of hydrophobic qualities. I use CGs V7 as a QD between washes and CG V7 soap as maintenance. The wax could be wearing off and the PBL coating could be causing the water to bead. I`m not really certain, but my car always shines.
    Likes boxingfan30, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks boxingfan30 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Synergy still sounds like something I`d be interested in trying, still curious since it has nano stuff if it has a level of marring resistance.

Post Thanks / Like

Synergy still sounds like something I`d be interested in trying, still curious since it has nano stuff if it has a level of marring resistance.
    Synergy is really really nice. Got it, use it. Not gonna try to see the scratch resistance.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Synergy is really really nice. Got it, use it. Not gonna try to see the scratch resistance.
    I just don`t have the money for it right now. It`s not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don`t have the money for it right now. It`s not cheap.
    Sure isnt. Unless there`s some crazy sale like the recent one on Fuzion, I doubt I`ll ever buy. Just can`t bring myself to spend $200 on a jar of wax.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

No but I have tried this,
    Nano-Resin | Dr. Beasley`s

Had it on 5 months so far and holding up great and looks great. Slick and so far no need for topper and resists water spots pretty well.
    Will it last the advertised 2-3 years? remains to be seen.
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post
    Thanks boxingfan30 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    No but I have tried this,
    Nano-Resin | Dr. Beasley`s

Had it on 5 months so far and holding up great and looks great. Slick and so far no need for topper and resists water spots pretty well.
    Will it last the advertised 2-3 years? remains to be seen.
    Yes, but at the price that it is, even if it failed within a year it`s still a better priced product for what you say the performance is.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but at the price that it is, even if it failed within a year it`s still a better priced product for what you say the performance is.
    That`s why I bought 2 of these bottles for testing So far doesn`t look like a need for the second bottle. I think I will use it on a detail, next time for a coating.

What`s even better is there`s no Odor to get you dizzy if doing in a garage and you don`t have to be so OCD in removing it proper / high spots like alot of coatings. We`ll see in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of toppers. I also don`t like / see a need if it`s a true coating. However, I did really like Sonax Polymer Netshield on top of Opticoat. The beading and self cleaning characteristics where ridiculously good. Better than the reloads etc. Don`t know if it works as good on Cquartz / Gloss coat but will also try to test it. I don`t see why it wouldn`t work.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

First lemme say that I`ve yet to use a coating...so a grain of salt is required here. However, I have used my fair share of waxes and polymer sealants over 40+ years.
    I think there are many different camps out there...and here. Some want gloss, some want durability/longevity. Some want an all in one cleaner/`wax`. Some will clay and or polish, some never will. Some will wash every week and `wax` often, others will not. For some the ride is a baby, for others it`s a neglected step child.

I want to keep my truck looking new. I can invest extra time spring, summer and fall, but we get a good 5 months of winter with SALT and the cold weather prevents anything other than the touchless or coin-op pressure wash. So in the fall, I like to lay on some protection that will get me through the winter.
    I`m currently in a Duragloss sealant phase: 601/105 & 601/111, topped with Aquawax. I`ve yet to see how it fairs over the harsh winter (maybe I`ll top the sealant with collinite before the snow flies)

I too am a bit skeptical of the coating hype, especially the ones with `pro` brands I`m not allowed to use. It reminds me of the driveway sealant guys that tell me they use a special sealant I couldn`t buy. Then they spray on a micro layer of something that doesn`t last any longer than anything I can buy and doesn`t fill in cracks worth beans!
    And then there`s hearing the stories of streaking and spotting with coatings, so I think I`ll stick with sealants, especially for winter and maybe a good carnuba in spring/summer.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Junebug liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Speaking of toppers. I also don`t like / see a need if it`s a true coating. However, I did really like Sonax Polymer Netshield on top of Opticoat. The beading and self cleaning characteristics where ridiculously good. Better than the reloads etc. Don`t know if it works as good on Cquartz / Gloss coat but will also try to test it. I don`t see why it wouldn`t work.
    I have heard a lot of things about netshield ... good things I mean

Post Thanks / Like

Got a few cans of pns sitting here. Haven`t used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Got a few cans of pns sitting here. Haven`t used it yet.
    are you one of those shopaholics I talked about? lol

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information