Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NXT Paste

Post Thanks / Like

NXT Paste

I am getting back into taking care of my cars. Quick story, I had an `04 RX8 and joined in `06 (so I am a lurker). Traded the `04 RX8 in for an `11 RX8 in `12. In late `13 traded the `11 RX8 in for an `06 Tacoma. (My son wants to ride dirtbikes...those go fast). The 8s were taken care of, the Tacoma came to me with a bit of wear. So one day I said I have all this cool stuff, let me pretty up my Tacoma.

I have: PCDA, various LC pads, Menz IP, Menz FP, Megs 305, Megs 21, Megs NXt, Megs UPW, Megs Carnuba Plus, among the relevant stuff. Still searching my elders` attics for M16, and just ordered M26 paste.

My question is, what has happened to all of the paste waxes???

I cannot find Megs NXT Paste anymore. There was a can at a WalMart 20 minues away and I didn`t grab it. I cruised the area today and could not find a can. I have a can that is 1/8 full, and it makes me unhappy. I searched google and got nothing. Unless I can figure out how to reconstitute the tin of wheelwax, NXT paste is going on my wheels as long as it repels dust propertly.

Now try to find M26 in a paste. I just ordered 2 tins off of amazon and I am upset I didn`t order all they had. I ordered the 2 out of 6 they had. I should have ordered all.

All you can get in stores not, AutoZone, PepBoys, O`Reiley`s, Walmart, KMart, Sears, etc., are Megs cleaner wax, Megs UPW, NXT liquid, and lower end waxes, such as Turtle wax.

What happened to good consumer paste waxes? I am not looking to spend money on FuZion or Collinite, which aren`t sold in stores anyways. I want Paste NXT and Megs 26 paste.

Where did these waxes go? Did new VOC Regs. get passed?

I have not used liquid waxes and I do not want to use liquid waxes. I like the catharsis of applying a thin layer of wax, wiping it off, buffing it, and looking at a pretty shiny car.

I guess when I get the Taco done, I`ll post pics. Tonight was spent fixing chips in the hood after testing out a Nanoskin sponge. Yes, I still clayed the hood to make sure I did the sponge right. Actually happy with the sponge.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NXT Paste

Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax is very good and should be available at many of your local stores. Autozone, Advance, Walmart, etc.. If you like nxt then you will love UPW. Also, there are many paste waxes available online that are very affordable and perform like much more expensive products. Nattys paste wax comes to mind. Usually can be had for about 20 bucks and it`s a dream to use. The red variant is especially nice.
    Likes tropicsteve, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I didn`t read your original post close enough, you already have UPW! Shame on me lol. Check out the Nattys you won`t be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Consumers don`t like pastes and they are more expensive to make. Used to be there was 20 different waxes at an auto store now there are 3 or 4 and a ton of sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the school of thought was that liquids were always easier to use....I`d stop at your local boat store for a can of collinite fleet wax.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, DAC17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

good call on the megs ult. wax and natty`s, but don`t hesitate to try the liquid waxes either. the nice thing about them is not introducing contaminants back into your main supply while detailing. I`m old school and still like applying paste wax, but find liquids are much easier for machine application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 06vrss View Post
    Sorry I didn`t read your original post close enough, you already have UPW! Shame on me lol. Check out the Nattys you won`t be disappointed.
    I have a couple of tins of paste M26 on order that should be arriving next week. I will see how I like them. Thanks for the Nattys suggestion, I may grab a tin of that to see how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    I think the school of thought was that liquids were always easier to use....I`d stop at your local boat store for a can of collinite fleet wax.
    That is an awesome idea. I will check out some local boat stores.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    good call on the megs ult. wax and natty`s, but don`t hesitate to try the liquid waxes either. the nice thing about them is not introducing contaminants back into your main supply while detailing. I`m old school and still like applying paste wax, but find liquids are much easier for machine application.
    I may grab a bottle of M26 to see how it does. I should try applying wax by machine.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

you`ll like the m26 wax, it leaves a very nice, wet look finish, but like most waxes, it doesn`t last very long. when applying, the longer it sets up on the paint, the more difficult it gets to remove, so don`t wax the entire vehicle before removing. if you haven`t used megs ultimate wax yet, you`ll be very surprised what an outstanding finish it leaves and how it`s easier to apply and remove. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

tropicsteve, I`ve never used megs ult wax but am a fan of #26. How do they compare in terms of appearance and longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    you`ll like the m26 wax, it leaves a very nice, wet look finish, but like most waxes, it doesn`t last very long. when applying, the longer it sets up on the paint, the more difficult it gets to remove, so don`t wax the entire vehicle before removing. if you haven`t used megs ultimate wax yet, you`ll be very surprised what an outstanding finish it leaves and how it`s easier to apply and remove. good luck.
    Megs UPW is on my car now. I am seeing how long it lasts. I like the product, just looking for options. Trying to get hold of M16, which probably won`t happen, to see how the new stuff compares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    tropicsteve, I`ve never used megs ult wax but am a fan of #26. How do they compare in terms of appearance and longevity?
    can`t speak for the longevity yet, but the appearance of the megs ult wax was noticeably better. I hadn`t tried it until about a month ago, thinking it was just another "good" wax from megs, but really said "wow" after I put some on. it really was outstanding. I hear it has more sealant type properties, so it should last much longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate wax is a sealant where as M26 is carnuaba based with some synthetic ingredients.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve, Guz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skwidd View Post
    .. Trying to get hold of M16, which probably won`t happen...
    I have a *LOT* of M16, PM me if you`d like to buy a tin (cheap ).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I have a *LOT* of M16, PM me if you`d like to buy a tin (cheap ).
    Check your private messages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information