Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NXT Paste

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NXT Paste

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I have a *LOT* of M16, PM me if you`d like to buy a tin (cheap ).

Funny thing, I was going to refer him to you, as I saw one of your others posts about having too many! (I`m considering taking one off your hands as well)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    I think the school of thought was that liquids were always easier to use....I`d stop at your local boat store for a can of collinite fleet wax.
    That`s where I found it after reading (many years ago) about Collinite waxes on this forum. The 885 Fleetwax is the same as 476S Double detergent-proof wax, but in a 12 ounce can instead of the 8 ounce can of 476S.
    While it seems packaged and marketed for fiberglass boats, it works extremely well on clear coat paints and lasts a good 9 months to a year. Cost is about $25.00 to $30.00 for a can that you can get at least 20-30 applications, depending vehicle size.
    I like it`s carnauba look and longevity, and I find it`s a wax-on-wipe-off immediately application. Some let it haze of about 5 minutes. I find that if it sets(sits?) too long it becomes more difficult to remove. Plus you don`t need to layer it; one application is good, BUT you can layer it if you feel so inclined.

One wax/sealant that ought to be considered for your collection is Finish-Kare`s FK1000P wax; sometimes referred to as Hi-Temp Paste Wax. I cannot vouch personally for this wax, but highly-acclaimed and respected Autopian Accumulator uses and recommends this very affordable and durable wax with coating-like characteristics, including impervious to bug splatter and bird bombs and is almost self-cleaning when it rains. It`s one wax on my "gotta-try-it" list.
    GB detailer
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Silento liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- I wonder if my extremely thin applications make the 476S less finicky for me...I often do the whole car before buffing it of, even did it that way when I was doing a YukonXL with the stuff.

While I`m all about the FK1000P these days, I do still like/recommend/use 476S, got it on my `93 Audi. It seems to look a bit better when I use IUDJ (sorta-potent mix) and/or UQW on top of it, like as a drying aid.

JustJesus- I`d almost feel guilty selling you some M16 as I don`t think you *need* it, but hey, some folks are far more into this stuff than I am so if you`re shopping for M16 by all means PM me about it (anybody else who wants some too, I`ll maybe start a for-sale thread some time).

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator - Do NOT feel bad. You are right that I don`t *need* it, but hey, aren`t we all sort of a little nuts when it comes to detailing and buying things we don`t need?

I`ll be freeing myself of some of my other waxes soon enough
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still gonna try synergy, don`t care about cost, just has great reviews and I just want it lol.

Lonnie, I actually have fk1000 from many years ago

Post Thanks / Like

..I actually have fk1000 from many years ago
    Is it really hard or is it regular-wax-soft?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Is it really hard or is it regular-wax-soft?
    Well, it looks like it needs to be replaced lol, it`s pretty hard though

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like it needs to be replaced lol, it`s pretty hard though
    If it`s really hard it`ll be a PIA to work with, but should still be OK functionally-speaking.

My little sample tin (that got me started on my whole FK1000P kick) was hard as a rock, had to moisten my applicator with FK425 just to use it and it was still challenging. Still worked perfectly fine, so well that I bought some even though I didn`t know if that "hard" stuff was normal or not. To look at it in the tin, and during the whole application process...well, I sure didn`t expect it to be OK, but I`m *so* glad I tried it anyhow.

So yours might be fine, if you`re willing to wrestle with getting it on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I`ve used it a lot, in the past, I just started going with coatings, but I don`t like how cautious I have to be about what kind of water might be hitting my paint, so I may go back to standard waxes/sealants purely out of less tendency to spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I don`t have much time I`m mostly using fk1000p as well. It and OCW are all that get any action.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the topic, I would say to go with the ultimate paste wax instead of nxt. Now, I have heard good reviews on it, but those reviews were/are often times by those who don`t have a lot of other product experience, or they are just those who buy a cheap polisher, slap the nxt and then say it`s the best thing in the world. I know that sounds harsh, but I`m just saying you get what you pay for in almost everything....almost being the key word here.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the topic, I would say to go with the ultimate paste wax instead of nxt. Now, I have heard good reviews on it, but those reviews were/are often times by those who don`t have a lot of other product experience, or they are just those who buy a cheap polisher, slap the nxt and then say it`s the best thing in the world. I know that sounds harsh, but I`m just saying you get what you pay for in almost everything....almost being the key word here.
    I asked this very question about which is "better", NXT2.0 or Ultimate Wax in a recent past thread. Most would favor the newer Ultimate Wax foe ease of application and removal and its seemingly superior hydrophobic (water bedding) ability. Some think NXT has a little more "pop" (reflectivity?) on dark colors, In reality, neither is a true wax but a synthetic wax hybrid sealant (sounds oxymoronic to me).

I bought Collinite 915 after trying both 885 Fleetwax (476S marine twin equivalent) and 845 Insulator wax. It`s a great wax for dark colored vehicles, especially black, if you like that glossy, deep reflective look. My wife`s black 2006 Ford FreeStyle looks great for it`s age and condition as a daily driver. I had the privilege of doing a friend`s black Mercedes 550SL coupe and he said it looked the best its ever looked and turns heads. (it`s the car, not the color, though)
    Collinite 915 has the best of both worlds: longevity with great reflectivity and it`s relatively inexpensive compared to "boutique" carnauba waxes, which I do not have simply because of the initial purchase price. Doesn`t mean I wouldn`t want to HAVE them (Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guy`s 50/50 being examples), I just cannot afford them. Even spending $35.00 on 915 for 12 ounces for a can of wax is insane to the average car owner, until they see it on a properly prepared (IE compounded and polished) vehicle. Then you get the question, "What do you use to make your car shine so much?" Many do not realize the 3-6 hours of work claying and buffing/polishing with a DA that goes into prepping the paint (clear coat, actually) before a wax goes on.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I asked this very question about which is "better", NXT2.0 or Ultimate Wax in a recent past thread. Most would favor the newer Ultimate Wax foe ease of application and removal and its seemingly superior hydrophobic (water bedding) ability. Some think NXT has a little more "pop" (reflectivity?) on dark colors, In reality, neither is a true wax but a synthetic wax hybrid sealant (sounds oxymoronic to me).

I bought Collinite 915 after trying both 885 Fleetwax (476S marine twin equivalent) and 845 Insulator wax. It`s a great wax for dark colored vehicles, especially black, if you like that glossy, deep reflective look. My wife`s black 2006 Ford FreeStyle looks great for it`s age and condition as a daily driver. I had the privilege of doing a friend`s black Mercedes 550SL coupe and he said it looked the best its ever looked and turns heads. (it`s the car, not the color, though)
    Collinite 915 has the best of both worlds: longevity with great reflectivity and it`s relatively inexpensive compared to "boutique" carnauba waxes, which I do not have simply because of the initial purchase price. Doesn`t mean I wouldn`t want to HAVE them (Pinnacle Souveran or Chemical Guy`s 50/50 being examples), I just cannot afford them. Even spending $35.00 on 915 for 12 ounces for a can of wax is insane to the average car owner, until they see it on a properly prepared (IE compounded and polished) vehicle. Then you get the question, "What do you use to make your car shine so much?" Many do not realize the 3-6 hours of work claying and buffing/polishing with a DA that goes into prepping the paint (clear coat, actually) before a wax goes on.
    On an average car with even light issues, I`m 10 to 15 hours on it. I`ve had jobs that took 25 or more hours. I don`t believe that one has to spend hundreds of dollars on a wax don`t get me wrong, and there was a show a few years ago where they used some of the 1k per can waxes all the way down to 915, even most pros could not tell the difference on 4 identical cars with identically prepped paint, so really for me it`s about longevity, mar resistance, spot and other element resistance, slickness, etc, because it`s just a fact that most will not be able to tell a difference.

I am not a fan or "liquid waxes" mainly because more stuff is added to soften the so called wax. I just feel (maybe wrongly) that a paste is in a more pure form.

Post Thanks / Like

... there was a show a few years ago where they used some of the 1k per can waxes all the way down to 915, even most pros could not tell the difference on 4 identical cars with identically prepped ...
    [INSERT my oft-told story about an "expert" thinking 476S was DodoJuice because "nothing else looks like that.." ]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That`s where I found it after reading (many years ago) about Collinite waxes on this forum. The 885 Fleetwax is the same as 476S Double detergent-proof wax, but in a 12 ounce can instead of the 8 ounce can of 476S.
    While it seems packaged and marketed for fiberglass boats, it works extremely well on clear coat paints and lasts a good 9 months to a year. Cost is about $25.00 to $30.00 for a can that you can get at least 20-30 applications, depending vehicle size.
    I like it`s carnauba look and longevity, and I find it`s a wax-on-wipe-off immediately application. Some let it haze of about 5 minutes. I find that if it sets(sits?) too long it becomes more difficult to remove. Plus you don`t need to layer it; one application is good, BUT you can layer it if you feel so inclined.

One wax/sealant that ought to be considered for your collection is Finish-Kare`s FK1000P wax; sometimes referred to as Hi-Temp Paste Wax. I cannot vouch personally for this wax, but highly-acclaimed and respected Autopian Accumulator uses and recommends this very affordable and durable wax with coating-like characteristics, including impervious to bug splatter and bird bombs and is almost self-cleaning when it rains. It`s one wax on my "gotta-try-it" list.
    Is FK1000P a good wax to use on top of Collinite 845? White Camry and Starfire pearl Lexus

I have Collinite 845 and Meg Ultimate Paste Wax - G18211.

Newbie here and still gathering information before my next detailing.

In the past, I would apply meg wax paste after a car wash and declare it as done which isn`t exactly the right way to detail a car.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information