Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a step up in wax for my stang

I`ve been searching this forum for awhile and I noticed a slight negativity towards Chemical Guys products. That`s great because I was considering two of their higher end waxes and I like to hear feedback, both good and bad. But let me explain what I use normally.

My mustang is Vista Blue, which is a medium blue metallic paint. I never was drawn to blue cars until I saw this one. The blue has slight purple hue to it in certain lighting. I wash the car with CG`s shampoo`s depending on if I need to strip wax, maintain, or add some gloss. That department I`m happy with. Interior I have a few different brands I use. P21S to clean the wheels, Poorboy`s to seal the paint, topped with blacklight and wax. Engine bay is pretty well set too. Exhaust and chrome/metal I use Optimium. So those areas I`m happy in.

Exterior: In the past, I`ve used Zymol Cleaner, NXT, Wet Obsession and a few others. Then I got into Chemical Guys. I tried to insert pictures but I`m having trouble so I`ll describe the results.

My favorite combo`s so far

Clay, CG Blacklight, Lava x 2: really nice radiance, warm glow

Clay, CG Blacklight, Pete`s 53 x 2: really easy on/off, pretty comparable to Lava

I`m now looking to try a new wax, I`d say a "next level" wax. I was between CG`s Celeste or E-zyme waxes. Curious if any of you guys have used either and what you think? More so, I`m curious what you guys would recommend for my color car and based on what I`ve told you. I`m not in the market for a $1000 wax, but more of the $100-200 range at most. I`m open to suggestions and look forward to reading what you think.

Thanks in advance!

DSC05160.jpgDSC05884.jpgDSC05196.jpgDSC05893.jpgDSC05198.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a step up in wax for my stang

IMHO HD Poxy is a cheap yet solid choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the looks of Wolfgang Fuzion and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid pretty well. The BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond/Midnight Sun combo is really good too.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Ive always like RivStar Showcar Finish
    I have autoglym and its compareable to myWG Fuzion
    My latest is 3d HD Poxy

Post Thanks / Like

I`m partial to Pinnacle Souveran or DodoJuice Supernatural for the darker colors like your Vista Blue or my Imola Red.
    Another one you rarely hear about but looks spectacular is the Victoria Wax Concours.

Post Thanks / Like

I like CG`s 50-50.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t tried 50/50 but was told it falls in between Pete`s and Lava. Heard good thing tho. I do have the sample pot of Dodo Juice SN. I bought it but was then thinking it may not be what I want. Doesn`t hurt to throw it on and see how it looks.

I hesitate with any Pinnacle products however. I`ve talked with Autogeek a bunch of times but they seem to be very scripted and not listening. Detailed Image, however, has guided me pretty well. I`m sure Souveran is a good wax, just more of didn`t like how they handled my questions.

Thanks for the recommendation. I`m gunna look up a couple of those you guys mentioned that I don`t know.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want that extra pop go with CG EZcreme glaze, it will definitely give you added gloss and depth.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

once you get past the "more expensive wax has got to be better" mentality, you`ll be surpised at how many good waxes are out there. I`ve always loved the look of BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo and it`s one of my favorites. give Poorboy a try, it`s very easy to use with outstanding results. I recently tried Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax and was surprised how really good it is. plus, it`s just fun trying as many waxes as possible.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered Collinite 915? - has great looks and durability and is not expensive at all...

I definitely rate it above Pete`s 53, both in terms of looks and durability

Post Thanks / Like

Pick up s sample pot of Dodo Purple Haze Pro and a sample of Blue Velvet. You will get probably 7-8 applications applied by machine. It works wonders on my Tuxedo Black.

Also M26 is a great choice of you don`t mind waxing every 2-3 weeks for a DD.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    once you get past the "more expensive wax has got to be better" mentality, you`ll be surpised at how many good waxes are out there. I`ve always loved the look of BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo and it`s one of my favorites. give Poorboy a try, it`s very easy to use with outstanding results. I recently tried Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax and was surprised how really good it is. plus, it`s just fun trying as many waxes as possible.
    Nice Racecraft. Looking for a step up in wax for my stang

I agree with Steve. There really isn`t much difference in the super high dollar waxes and some of the cheaper ones. You really get most of your gloss in the polishing of your paint. It is all in the prep!

I have both Dodo Juice Supernatural and Wolfgang Fuzion and feel content with both. I like Supernatural because it is more durable than Fuzion. I just use Fuzion when I need something for a show car. The Blackfire combo seems to be really popular though I haven`t tried it. I think it would be a good place to start and believe you would be surprised with the results.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many good waxes out there.

Pinnacle Souveran
    BF Midnight Sun

You could also look into some of the Victoria Waxes. Chaos and Mayhem are very nice.

Don`t forget Poorboys. I have always like Natty`s Red.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Prep, prep, polish, polish then any of the above mentioned
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, lots of great responses. Much appreciated. I typed this whole response on my phone btw, not easy

So, let me elaborate a little more. The Racecraft was one of 31 made by Saleen. Is it worth money? Probably not. To me, its priceless just as many of you have cars that are dear to you I`m sure. I`ll "never" sell it. I say never because I will if someone has the money to burn and makes an outrageous off. I`ve done as much performance mods as I want to it so at this point I`m just enjoying it. Part of enjoying, for me, is keeping it clean. I`m sure many of you can appreciate that. I really, really enjoy washing, waxing, detailing, etc.

That being said, I don`t use a machine. I do everything by hand. It could use the professional touch of a DA in some spots but I won`t. Reason is that I`m afraid of making it worst even tho I know they are safe. I`m a high strung person so I don`t need any extra stress. At some point I`ll get one and practice on the daily driver but for now I`ll stick with by hand. Most people think it`s a brand new car at shows based on well maintained the paint is. And fact is, it looks killer considering I don`t use a machine. I can`t imagine how much better it would look if I did polish it with a buffer.

So I`m really glad to hear that spending more money isn`t necessarily the way to go. Some of these forums push the expensive stuff and, while I`m lucky to be able to to afford them, I hate to waste money. I should add that I`m very happy with the stuff I`m current using but I`m always looking to try new things and find the best combo. And it might be that I`ve maxed out all I can get without using a DA to polish and correct.

So to answer a few responses: I use Poorboys Sealant+Polish on my GTI. Love that stuff for my daily driver. Durability with a nice deep shine. Easy on/off and can be done in direct sun. Awesome. Use their sealant on my wheels, have not experimented with their polished. I have used Collinite in the past. I remember it lasted a really long time but I remember it being tough to remove and afterwards thinking it was too much work. But maybe I should try it again. I will say that I love how Dodo Juice makes small sample sizes. It irritates me that CG won`t do that. I love to try different things so sample sizes work best for me.

While the I don`t use a machine, I try to prep the surface the best I can. I make sure I clay so the entire surface is nice and glassy. I try to wash in between different layers so I don`t create more imperfections. I use gentle products for maintenance. Plus the car sits in the garage 24/7 so the paint never, never sees weather. Only the heat/cold from the garage. So I`m not really concerned with durability in the summer. I don`t mind redoing the whole process every month, I have the time. In the winter, I`m definitely going to use a sealant(either Jetseal or BFWD) after Blacklight to lock in the protection for the winter months(at least for the first half). I`ll probably top it with a more durable wax too, maybe collinite.

Cliffnotes: I think after reading your responses, I`m actually looking for more of a show wax right now. Goes on real smooth, comes off easily. Something I can apply and see that deep, radiant shine from the summer sun(poetic right?). Some great suggestions on durable waxes and I will look into that for the winter months. Really appreciate all your help and honesty!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information