Post Thanks / Like

Layering CQuartz

I just tried CQuartz for the first time on my new vehicle. Although brand new, we all know how the finishes are right from the dealer. Lucky for me, when I bought my new car, the wrap was still on it. I told them to remove the wrap, but not to do any body prep on it. When I brought it home, it was in "good" condition with minor swirls. I didn`t have the time to properly prep it, so I did a quick one step polish and topped with BFWD.

Speeding up to today. I am on vacation this week, so I decided to do a complete detail topped with CQuartz. I clayed with Megs mild clay, M105 on yellow cutting pad for some minor RIDS and finished with Menz. 85rd on blue finishing pad. Topped with CQuartz and it looks awesome.

My question is, (keeping in mind the vehicle is black), will layering the CQuartz provide anymore noticeable depth and gloss. I know it will add more protection, but how does layering affect the appearance?
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Layering CQuartz

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    I told them to remove the wrap, but not to do any body prep on it. When I brought it home, it was in "good" condition with minor swirls.
    They washed it. Or probably wiped it down after removing the wrap. New cars, untouched, shouldn`t have any swirls.

In regards to your question. I believe your window to layer cquartz is only like an hour or so isn`t it? I believe once its fully hardened that even fresh cquartz wont adhere to it. I could be very wrong though. I have limited experience with coatings
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

ShaneB is correct --
    The window to apply a 2nd layer is right after the first one is flashed and wiped to remove high spots..
    Miss that window and it is too late..

I believe Chad Raskovich Rasky`s Auto Detail did a YouTube video showing how to apply the 1st and 2nd layer.. It`s a perfect school just like all his work..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    ShaneB is correct --
    The window to apply a 2nd layer is right after the first one is flashed and wiped to remove high spots..
    Miss that window and it is too late..

I believe Chad Raskovich Rasky`s Auto Detail did a YouTube video showing how to apply the 1st and 2nd layer.. It`s a perfect school just like all his work..
    Dan F
    Thanks Dan.

That`s an old video of Finest V1 and the latest V6 version is quite a bit different. I should actually remove that video now that I think about it as it`s not really helping anyone now.

The regular CQuartz and UK will be different too so I`d check with Corey at CarPro-US. I haven`t used the regular CQuartz in a few years and I believe it`s been updated since then as well.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Although I don`t do multiple layers of UK or Classic, I am pretty sure a 2nd layer can be applied many hours, and perhaps even days later.

I echo Chad`s comment about contacting Corey @ CarPro-US for exact details though as I cannot be sure.

Retired Professional Detailer

Thread Information