Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Coral wash soap?

Anybody use it? Opinions? I see it on sale at Wally World and am curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blue Coral wash soap?

Used it years ago. As i recall it was fine for a OTC soap.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it. Decent soap for the money. I typically use these type of soaps for wheels.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

It`s alright. Not going to win any awards, but it`s decent. I usually use stuff like this on the routine "gets washed once every 6 months" cars in the family.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheap [crap] that I *might* use for wheelwells/etc. if I got it cheaply enough, but !oh man! would it have to be cheap, can`t imagine I`ll ever actually buy any. Eh, OK...guess it`s a little better than Westleys, but still...

Post Thanks / Like

PRO_e_WWCs.jpg

Remember......FOMBLIN A?
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I think it`s `funny` how we love some of the products we use and not so much others. I`m also thinking there are some "product snobs" lurking that seem to think OTC products are just inferior to the expensive niche automotive specialty products. Don`t get me wrong, I`m a fan of products like ONR and 303 Aerospace Protectant, however, the glass, carpet and vinyl etc. in the car/truck is no different than the house so why pay extra for cleaning supplies?....just saying.
    I think I`ll give the Blue Coral wash soap a try (I always add a little ONR for good measure anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post

Remember......FOMBLIN A?
    The pre cursor to today`s coatings
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I think it`s `funny` how we love some of the products we use and not so much others. I`m also thinking there are some "product snobs" lurking that seem to think OTC products are just inferior to the expensive niche automotive specialty products..
    I`m certain that I qualify as a pretty extreme Product Snob when it comes to shampoo, but I honestly think it`s objectively based on specific attributes of the products. And, just FWIW, there`s a whole [boat]load of expensive and/or popular shampoos that I don`t like at all.

But yeah, I do agree with you completely that in *so* many cases "cleaning is cleaning" and the same stuff works the same no matter where you use it. Sometimes Detailing stuff works best for household chores, other times Household stuff works best on a vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

To me, a lot of the OTC soaps / shampoos are watered down compared to things like Optimum car wash or the Meguiars pro stuff.

I don`t see the value in paying for diluted product when an ounce or two of a quality soap does the same or better job.

Just my opinion,
    Randy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    To me, a lot of the OTC soaps / shampoos are watered down compared to things like Optimum car wash or the Meguiars pro stuff.
    I think there is a lot of truth in these but can apply to non-OTC soaps. A lot just depends on the soap maker`s recommended dilution. For example, Optimum`s label says 1 oz per gallon but it cleans quite well even at 0.5 oz per gallon. For the Chem Guy soaps, I have used I would never go with the 1 oz to 4 or 5 gallons they often list. When I used maxi-suds I ended up with 1 oz to 2 - 3 gallons.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`m only a product snob when it comes to my garage ornaments. Beyond that I`ll try anything, but admittedly still have my preferences. Blue Coral is this weeks special at Wal-Mart but I personally wouldn`t go out and buy it when I can buy Meguiars or Mothers OTC shampoos for the generic cars in the family which for me work great. Some of the cheap ones however leave a film like no tomorrow depending on your water quality though - Turtle Wax Ice soap being one for example where I am.

Post Thanks / Like

Shampoo characteristics I value: lubricity, encapsulation, LSP-safety, and cleaning power in that order. Some of those (let alone all of `em) can be tough to find in OTC stuff. Like, I was really hoping that Meguiar`s Gold Class would work out OK for me, and sooo many people like it, but sadly....no.

But then, wouldn`t DuraGloss qualify as OTC? Autopaint/body places often stock their product line..

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Blue Coral wash soap?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Shampoo characteristics I value: lubricity, encapsulation, LSP-safety, and cleaning power in that order. Some of those (let alone all of `em) can be tough to find in OTC stuff. Like, I was really hoping that Meguiar`s Gold Class would work out OK for me, and sooo many people like it, but sadly....no.

But then, wouldn`t DuraGloss qualify as OTC? Autopaint/body places often stock their product line..

DuraGloss is hard to find in my neck of the woods. There aren`t many CarQuests here.

The Gold Class smells like citronella to me and also seems to keep away the mosquitos and bugs when washing the car. Weird, but maybe that is just me. Not my favorite soap, but I will use it in the evening if the mosquitos are really bad.

Randy
    Last edited by ZimRandy; 05-06-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ZimRandy- hey, that`s something positive about the GC shampoo then!

The DuraGloss I saw last was in a small autopaint/etc. shop, not a regular parts store. Might be worth a glance at the ol` Yellow Pages if you`d like to find their stuff OTC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information