Post Thanks / Like

Did Meguair`s change the fragrance on their Quick Interior Detail recently??

I bought some Meg`s QID recently at Walmart (were else!) but after using it once, it seemed that the fragrance/odor/smell is more "Vinegary" than the old or original "antiseptic" fragrance that I like. I have returned it, went to AutoZone, smelled their stock and it, too, was the `vinegary" fragrance. I am sure this "change, if it`s real, is in response to antiseptic smell that, for some, was just too medicine-like. Anyone else notice this??

If you have old stock, like a gallon from the Detailer Line, consider yourself lucky. I think its better odor-wise than the "revised" formula. Also, if anyone has any correspondence from Meguair`s Customer Service on this matter, let us know.
    GB detailer
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Meguair`s change the fragrance on their Quick Interior Detail recently??

Perhaps the formula was tweaked. I just got confirmation that their ultimate black trim restorer (the lotion version) formula was just tweaked.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Meguair`s change the fragrance on their Quick Interior Detail recently??

Aww Jeeze...if they did change it I`m gonna kick myself for not stocking up on the original.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine also smells vinegary... Didn`t get why people liked the smell but now I guess it makes sense. I ordered a gallon regardless because it works and I always just put a new air freshener

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, if it smells like vinegar I`ll be using 1Z CP from here on out.

Post Thanks / Like

The Meg`s DUB Clean & Shine also has a vinegar-esque smell after the Berry high-note dissipates. Not a fan of it, but the product itself works perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

This was just posted over on the Meg`s forum

Meguair`s Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner - unpleasant odor - Page 2

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    For any of you who have experienced a vinegar smell with QID, please contact our Customer Care Center at 800.347.5700 to have the product replaced. This was a known batch issue and we have since corrected the issue. Those of you who actually enjoy the scent of QID are on target with this - it is a nice smelling product (as is so common with our line) and you have not experienced this particular batch. We do appreciate you chiming in to confirm that this is an anomaly and that the proper scent is indeed pleasant.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Mp0wer liked this post
    Thanks tropicsteve, Mp0wer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

only reason I have tried the Megs Quick Interior detailer is because I bought a few of the 5 gallon yellow bucket gift boxes a few months back on clearance at walmart. literally paid $40 because I wanted 3 yellow Megs buckets, but also got the products (if they sold those yellow buckets by themselves for, say, $6, I would buy 2 dozen of them right now, but they don`t). very first time I sprayed the QID I noticed the very distinct smell. I knew it was a somewhat familiar smell but couldn`t place it. so you`re telling me its vinegar? makes sense. whatever it is...I would hate to have to use that stuff all day. it was bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This was just posted over on the Meg`s forum

Meguair`s Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner - unpleasant odor - Page 2
    Thanks for the information The Giz! I knew someone would contact Meg`s Customer Service and pose this "concern" to them. It`s nice that they responded accordingly.
    By the way, QID is now at a "price roll-back" at Wal-Mart, at least at the store(s) here in Green Bay, WI.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I just cracked my gallon and it smells like vinegar a lot! To the point, my wife complained the next day when getting into the Jeep.

I let it air out overnight and the smell is gone, but it`s definitely stronger smelling than the spray bottle of Meg Qik I picked up at the local parts store.

Thread Information