Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna or 3d hd

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Okay, with all this hype on 3D products, does 3D make a compound that would be the equal or better than 3M Super Duty. I ask because the 3M kicks a** on oxidized Gel Coat. I tried Megs 105 with not much success although an old chart floating around here was showing 105 and Super Duty in the same category and I can tell you there was no comparison. There are 3 compounds I use quite frequently, Very heavy cut, general purpose and finishing. 3D does seem to show these 3 categories, I guess the big question is the very heavy cut.

Dave
    If you like Super Duty, you`d really enjoy either HD Cut and/or 3D`s new AAT Rubbing Compound. Provides super quick work time, lubricants that don`t dry up or produce heavy dust(even used outside in direct sun) and wipes off effortlessly (even in cracks/crevices).

3D AAT #501 will be out very soon. Here`s a thread on it: Introducing: 3D AAT Rubbing Compound

Oh, and it won`t cause damage to your internal organs or cancer like 3M Super Duty!!!

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...9lxtD7SSSSSS--
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post

Oh, and it won`t cause damage to your internal organs or cancer like 3M Super Duty!!!
    Even in California. Even a 2x4 has a sticker on it saying it`s known to cause cancer in CA.
    Likes Bunky liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok already. I could not stand it, I just ordered the HD polish. I will do a side by side and that will settle it.
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well that`s because they`re treated with Formaldehyde...

But keep in mind, comparing apples to apples, none of 3D/HD polishing compounds have any kinds of warnings like that. AND, they`re even manufactured in California!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Not everyone wants a debate when sharing their opinion so they just don`t say anything.
    Very true. This is also any threads on best of favorite products just represent the opinions of those that posted.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes LostHighway liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pads Aside and focusing solely on the polish ability, Does HD polish provide more cut or Menzerna SF4500 (i.e. 85rd)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mystickid View Post
    Pads Aside and focusing solely on the polish ability, Does HD polish provide more cut or Menzerna SF4500 (i.e. 85rd)?
    I`d have to say yes undeniably. When I demo HD Speed (which is 75% HD Polish & 25% HD Poxy), I use it to remove 3000 grit sand scratches. Takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds. At SEMA this year I removed 1500 grit scratches which takes about twice as much time. The main reason is because both polishes, as well as all 3D/HD polishing compounds, use non-diminishing abrasives. This basically means that cutting action doesn`t deteriorate. With Menzerna, which uses diminishing abrasives, you only get the initial cutting power and then it goes down hill as the abrasives round out/break down.
    Likes mystickid liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The key acronyms (according Meguairs) are:
    SMAT~ Super Micro Abrasive (not adaptive) Technology, which means the abrasives keep their size throughout the cutting/compounding/polishing application (M105, M205, M100, M101?) good for today`s clear coats on cars

DAT~ Diminishing Abrasive Technology, which means the abrasives break and get smaller (IE, diminish) throughout the C/C/P application (M01, M02, M03) good for yesterday`s lacquer and enamel (IE, single stage) car finishes.
    GB detailer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information