Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna or 3d hd

Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    Menzerna. `nuff said.
    Agreed.
    Practice doesnt make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack" (aka Mike)

Post Thanks / Like

Diminishing abrasives and the whole breaking them down thing are old school in my book. If you want a product that works quickly & flawlessly HD is a must try. I used to eat, breathe & sleep 85rd & SIP until I tried HD Polish. Something that use to take 10+ passes to finish out now takes me 2-3. Oh, and no messy oils that are a PITA to remove.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes bswombaugh, Ecrissman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Diminishing abrasives and the whole breaking them down thing are old school in my book. If you want a product that works quickly & flawlessly HD is a must try...and no messy oils..
    Don`t go dismissing the above just because of David`s affiliation with HD.
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, with all this hype on 3D products, does 3D make a compound that would be the equal or better than 3M Super Duty. I ask because the 3M kicks a** on oxidized Gel Coat. I tried Megs 105 with not much success although an old chart floating around here was showing 105 and Super Duty in the same category and I can tell you there was no comparison. There are 3 compounds I use quite frequently, Very heavy cut, general purpose and finishing. 3D does seem to show these 3 categories, I guess the big question is the very heavy cut.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

HD Polish is pretty awesome, excellent finish even on softer paints.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Menzerna pf2500 and sf4500
    Took your suggestion and picked these up. All I can say is freaking awesome! Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
    HD Polish is pretty awesome, excellent finish even on softer paints.
    Just ordered some HD Polish, hope it`s as good as everyone says!

Post Thanks / Like

RobD- I`ll be utterly astounded if you don`t like it.

If anybody who`s tried it does *NOT* rank it as #1, I`d be interested to hear what product they prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

If anybody who`s tried it does *NOT* rank it as #1, I`d be interested to hear what product they prefer.
    I have every confidence. Too many positive reviews for thinking otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I`ve pretty much lost all desire to try any other polishes

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, I mean no offense but there is a problem with this statement as I see it. It is that you`ve basically painted the scenerio (without using the words) that users would either be crazy or stupid if they didn`t think it`s the best product. People respect your opinion Accumulator, your words carry weight.

Over the years I`ve watched a number of really good product lines become the flavor of the month (i.e. BlackFire, PoorBoys, Zaino, Merzerma, Klasse to name a few). These were/are all very good products. Some early adopters can become zealots (not in a bad way) but some can, for lack of a better word, become apostles for the products. They spread the word. These apostles become the best assest a company can have. Literally a non compensated sales force. There becomes quite a fervor around the line for a period of time or until the next big thing comes along. I`ve have seen that when this is the case people that don`t adhere/subscribe to a product`s hype or acclaim, clam up. The above statement is kind of like a call out, basically I dare you not to agree. Some would rather just avoid that conversation.

I have zero doubt the HD/3D makes top notch products, not knocking them in any way but one thing they`ve definitely done a good job on is their marketing. They`ve got the word out and I assume that because it`s a good product it`s selling. One day I`ll give it a try and know for myself. I think Ron was going to fly in and we were going to work on my neglected vehicles.

Best is always such a relative mindset. Kind of like being the fastest, someone faster always comes along.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Bunky, Ecrissman, LostHighway liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Accumulator, I mean no offense but there is a problem with this statement as I see it. It is that you`ve basically painted the scenerio (without using the words) that users would either be crazy or stupid if they didn`t think it`s the best product. People respect your opinion Accumulator, your words carry weight.

Over the years I`ve watched a number of really good product lines become the flavor of the month (i.e. BlackFire, PoorBoys, Zaino, Merzerma, Klasse to name a few). These were/are all very good products. Some early adopters can become zealots (not in a bad way) but some can, for lack of a better word, become apostles for the products. They spread the word. These apostles become the best assest a company can have. Literally a non compensated sales force. There becomes quite a fervor around the line for a period of time or until the next big thing comes along. I`ve have seen that when this is the case people that don`t adhere/subscribe to a product`s hype or acclaim, clam up. The above statement is kind of like a call out, basically I dare you not to agree. Some would rather just avoid that conversation.

I have zero doubt the HD/3D makes top notch products, not knocking them in any way but one thing they`ve definitely done a good job on is their marketing. They`ve got the word out and I assume that because it`s a good product it`s selling. One day I`ll give it a try and know for myself. I think Ron was going to fly in and we were going to work on my neglected vehicles.

Best is always such a relative mindset. Kind of like being the fastest, someone faster always comes along.
    Well said!

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I see it more as a stimulus for good debate/conversation on what/why product x, y, or z is better. Who knows, maybe someone could get HD loyalists (I could certainly be lumped in that category) to try other products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    Meh, I see it more as a stimulus for good debate/conversation on what/why product x, y, or z is better. Who knows, maybe someone could get HD loyalists (I could certainly be lumped in that category) to try other products
    Though I`ve probably done a poor job of saying what was on my mind, you`re kind of making my point. Not everyone wants a debate when sharing their opinion so they just don`t say anything.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead - you make some good points and many I agree with. Out of all the HD/3D reviews out there, there`s a reason why pretty much every HD Polish review I`ve come across that everyone has scored it excellent. And tons of people in detailing Facebook groups rate is as the best polish on the market. That isn`t just a coincidence? And from my years (now a decade) of following Accumulator`s posts I`ve never known him to ever be a product pusher or humper. I`m actually somewhat surprised (in a profound way) that he`s this vocal about his recommendation. To me, that speaks volumes.

With detailing, time is money and nothing is better than using a product that works quickly, without issues and is cost effective. HD Polish does that and much more. I encourage anyone that doubts the finishing abilities and ease of use of HD Polish to just give it a try. Besides the suggestions that people have given, there`s nothing better, and more objective than actually giving it a try. You might find yourself asking why you haven`t tried it sooner.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information