Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO? Duragloss/Meguiars

we almost always use Meguiars M66 Quick Detailer for our AIO for production/dealer work. will use Duragloss 501 on white cars occasionally, too. but 90% of the time its the M66. super cheap, does a good job, very easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a small bottle of HD Speed on the way. I like the fact I didn`t have to buy a gallon just to try something.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody think there`s a problem using duragloss 105 over the HD speed if I wanted to use it up?

And a follow up question is DG105 safe for use on plastics like headlight/taillights?

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like someone beat me to the punch asking about All-in Ones.
    Meguiar`s seems to offer three "different" All-on-Ones
    M66 (Professional Line)
    D151 (Detailer Line)
    Color X (Consumer Line) which I used liked, but cannot find anywhere over-the-counter.

I know some consider their Consumer Line of the burgundy bottle Cleaner Wax as an AIO, as well as the now-forgotten sealant NXT 2.0. That could also translate to their Professional Line of M06 and M21 equivalents, respectively.

There`s a whole host of All-in-One`s for the car-care enthusiast, and reading these posts from fellow Autopians it seems that H-D Speed is the "flavor-of-the-month" along with Optimum GPS. I know there are some Zaino-phytes who love Z-AIO, but it seems rather expensive (as do all Zaino products to me).

Don`t even get me started on Klasse All-in-One. Never tried the stuff but that seems to a professional detailer "must-have" in their chemical collection/arsenal.

I have not tried any DuraGloss products, but now that Car Quest is discontinuing that line, it may be time to take advantage of close-out prices for D105.

Some may question the validity of using an All-in-One as not being very Obsessive-Compulsive Detailing (OCD) or even "professional". However, in the interest of saving time and money, some people (and new and used dealer car lots) are happy with the results such a product gives. My intent is to find something that works very well along these lines and is cost-effective (IE, not expensive).

One product I will absolutely NOT recommend is the consumer line of Zymol`s Cleaner Wax. I bought this because it was being closed out at a local farm supply store in the upper Midwest (Mills-Fleet Farm). Always wanted to try it, thinking "Zymol`s name on it MUST mean quality." Very disappointing with the application and results. Take my word, Don`t EVER try applying it with a DA and foam pad; it dusts like crazy. It`s OK by hand, but it stains vinyl and rubber trim to the Nth degree and it difficult to get out if you`re a sloppy applicator. It`s also hard to remove if it`s left on too long and forget EVER trying to apply it in the sun above 65°F. I might use it on lawn mowers or snow blowers or garage-kept refrigerators, or the neighborhood kids` bicycles just to use it up.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

here`s a whole host of All-in-One`s for the car-care enthusiast, and reading these posts from fellow Autopians it seems that H-D Speed is the "flavor-of-the-month" along with Optimum GPS
    I just did my wife`s with HD Speed and I can say it is by far the best AIO I`ve used so far. I`m not sure on durability but I`m planning on topping it with HD Poxy anyway. I do agree with the zymol stuff, very unimpressive. Didn`t even want to use it on the door jambs or anyplace else to get rid of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information