Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Ronhk,

I`ve said repeatedly across forums that batches of Reload have had issues this year and will refund anyone dealing with that you purchased from my store while also working hard to show other ways to use it that usually solve the issue for those that want to keep what they have.

You going to pay me to buff out my car? Or drag yourself up here to do it??? Doubt it.

I never called Mike a liar. I said he`s comparing an old bottle of Finest (which I also stand behind) and was great as well. We continue to improve finest as technology improves but it`s always produced phenomenal results.

UK is 1 year shelf life when unopened, 6 months after opened.

Finest is 6 months unopened and 3 months opened. It`s one Finest kit per car so it doesn`t need a shelf life once opened anyway.

I understand differences of opinion, motivations for people and their posts on every side of an issue.

As I told Mike many times (even after we parted) I appreciate all of the years he was supportive of my business and enjoyed being supportive of his.

I listen to MY customers every day and would do anything for them possible. No COrey you don`t, not anymore. You USED to be helpful, now just greedy (imho) I know a few other members here would probably say the same.

I wish you all well and choose to refrain from posting further or being included in the drama.

My answers in red

When I posted my problem with reload on another forum, you got a bunch of "authorized installers" to come on and say it was user error. You`ve now done the same thing here.

IMHO your business ethics SUCK. SO I really won`t be sorry to see you stay out of this thread unless you have something constructive to say.

Adios
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

This has gotten a little out of hand folks. Corey and I came to an understanding which is why I am no longer an installer for him. I do not trash finest,as a matter of fact I have talked clients out of removing it and replacing it. We have found a product we like and feel is better.
    The picture was in no way meant to slam c quart. Just a comparison. Corey and AVI and I had an understanding as to my pricing.that is all I will say about that. And thanks for the kind words!
    Thanks fdresq4 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen-
    My name is Layna Lambert, I am Mike`s wife and I would guess you could say business partner in The Shine Shop as I take care of all the scheduling and accounting.
    For a little background on us - I have known Mike since we were 12 years old. Mike is retired on a line of duty as a Paramedic Supervisor from the Baltimore County Fire Dept with a full pension, I work as an office manager for a landscaping company - why is this important? Because we do not rely on the detailing business to pay our bills.
    We started this business because it made it possible for Mike to follow a life long passion for polishing cars and make it possible for him to share that passion with others. We had to make it an official business in order to be able to carry the mega insurance policy that we carry due to the clientele that we have built. The business supports itself and allows him to do what he loves.
    We are not a production shop, we are a high quality, personalized service shop. We are not a large shop, the shop was built (one bay)attached to our home and we have no employees.
    With such a low overhead we do not need to charge fees that include high profit to cover overhead - simple as that. We have been in business here for almost 16 years now, generally booked a year or more in advance due mainly to return clientele, and feel that we know what the people in our area would consider a good value for their hard earned dollar - in fact I think we have proven it if as others say we are drawing from miles away not only for the quality of Mike`s work but for our fees.
    Carpro was one of several we talked to when we decided to offer coatings several years ago and while Mike liked the product very much I had issues with the mandatory pricing for all the different reasons argued above. After many conversations, emails, etc with Corey we came to an understanding, in writing, that we would price or services as we saw fit - all was right with the world. Since then, other suppliers havebeen requesting that we try and offer their products, but until Gyeon came along there was nothing that we saw that would be of interest to us in place of the CQF. We were starting to consider offering both products -as many of the other CQF installers do - instead of just the CQF.
    At about the same time it was brought to our attention that it was being said that there is no way we could be an authorized dealer and charge only $500.00, leading people to believe that we were in some way mis- representing ourselves or out right ripping people off. After much heated discussion between myself and Corey it was agreed that we also would offer both with us following all the Carpro rules of pricing so that no one else would get their shorts in a bunch.
    However then Carpro had an issue with the fact that we did not give CQF top billing and a full page on our website -which I felt would be a waste of time and web space because we would rarely be able to sell a product at that price -and after much more heated discussion between Corey and myself I decided that The Shine Shop would no longer offer CQF, or it came to at best a mutual break up, I am not sure which - I was extremely distressed at the fact that while I felt we were toeing the Carpro company line, we were still somehow in the wrong in their eyes.
    Which brings us to where we are now - we did not steal business from anyone with our pricing - we price our services based on our area - which is why everyone that works in DC lives up here in B`more - the cost of living is lower. We feel we give an honest value for an honest price for our area and apparently many people agree. We proved it promoting and selling a large amount of product for Carpro and having many happy clients. If that is wrong, so be it.
    We are in no way, nor have we, bashed Carpro or CQF in any way (although it is unfortunate that the posting of those photos was construed that way - it really was just mentioned as a curiosity), when clients ask why we have switched we simply say that we were impressed by newer technology, just like upgrading a phone. We have offered to get CQF for anyone that specifically wants it, as Corey was gracious enough to offer to us, but when told of the increased price they are no longer interested.
    You all do not know me, but if you did you would know that I am honest to the point of being blunt and sometimes extremely unlikable, but this long (sorry) narrative is the entirety of our association and dis-association with Carpro and CQF. No one was dropped, no one hates anyone (I hope), we have simply parted due to irreconcilable differences. Hopefully this will put an end to all of this foolishness, it is wasting a great deal of time for everyone concerned.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon Mrs. Lambert,

Thank you for your post. We don`t know each other but if I may offer my opinion, which may matter or it may not.
    I have never spoken with you or your husband nor anyone else except Corey involved in this thread. When I spoke with Corey, it was one time on the phone and it was with regards to a question. Other than that any interactions with anyone here has been via this and other forums, PM ` S, and emails. With that said, I have been a "hobbyist" for 25 plus years and have tried and keep a wide variety of products from various companies. O.K...
    Just looking at post #1, made by Mr. Lambert, it would "seem" that he has a purpose for posting. In his final words, "you be the judge," it sets a certain tone to it. Again, as just a bystander on the sideline with no dog in the fight or involvement, the post is all of 5 sentences. Now, had he portrayed this to a customer in the shop for comparison, imo, no big deal. I think it`s the post itself, a great visual and just enough to evoke different things to different people. I have applied two different coatings, Opti Coat 2.0 and CQUK. With regards to the applicator suedes of the CQUK, mine we hardened to nearly the shape of the applicator 24 hours later. What does that mean? I don`t know other than the residual hardened where it had accumulated? I realize that the post talks about CQF, a different product than CQUK.
    So many things unknown if you ask me, although you didn`t ask, but I hope you can understand where I am coming from. I`m not accusing anyone of anything. Post #1 leaves much to the imagination, it says a lot without saying alot, if that makes any sense? Again, show your customers, in your shop, those two pieces of applicators is one thing as a business practice but to post on a forum, well what should we expect? Had more been offered to the post then it`s a different story. An in depth comparison perhaps more that two pictures and 5 sentences?

Secondly, I think it is sad that a Private business conversation between to entities has sort of become fodder for forum discussion. Honestly, it is none of my business what has happened between you and CarPro. It would appear that "axes" are being grinded and folks are upset because of past wrongs or they feel their views and opinions have to be right. It`s not just this forum but in other forums, detailing related or not, as well.

As far as who is a good person, who has credibility, who makes the best chocolate chip cookies, I will say this...I have no reason to believe those posting are rotten people who rip the wings of butterflies and drown kittens. I enjoy reading and learning from everyone here and I would like to learn more about MOH. That is why we are here, right? :-) As someone said in one of the posts, perhaps read your post before hitting the submit button.

Thank you once again Mrs. Lambert and may you and your husband continue to be prosperous!

Steve

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Layna Lambert,

Thank you for taking the time to post this late last night..

It was really great to see the view from your eyes and read your thoughts..

it goes without saying from the many of us who have had the pleasure of knowing your husband and his work for years, on another forum as well, that he stands for all the right things, his work ethic and results are impeccable,
    and his experience level and innovation are to be listened to and evaluated for our individual needs..

For this, we are so grateful and thankful to you and Mike for all that you have gone through to get where you are today...

Having had a very successful business and the single owner and operator, I can totally relate to everything you have written, and have faced many of the challenges as well...

And having said that - I can and will Always support anyone who is trying to work within the boundaries of "what the market will bear"..

It will always be that way, this wonderful country we live in was built that way, and look how well it turned out !

The Shine Shop`s work, work ethic, and business model are absolutely where any aspiring Detailer should be hoping to be at someday..

There is plenty of room for everyone to do whatever they please - we are so blessed..

Thank you again !
    Dan Franco
    Dans Auto Detailing
    Thanks Ronkh, JSFM35X, XxBoostinxX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4 View Post

Thank you for your post. We don`t know each other but if I may offer my opinion, which may matter or it may not.
    I have never spoken with you or your husband nor anyone else except Corey involved in this thread. When I spoke with Corey, it was one time on the phone and it was with regards to a question. Other than that any interactions with anyone here has been via this and other forums, PM ` S, and emails. With that said, I have been a "hobbyist" for 25 plus years and have tried and keep a wide variety of products from various companies. O.K...
    Just looking at post #1, made by Mr. Lambert, it would "seem" that he has a purpose for posting. In his final words, "you be the judge," it sets a certain tone to it. Again, as just a bystander on the sideline with no dog in the fight or involvement, the post is all of 5 sentences. Now, had he portrayed this to a customer in the shop for comparison, imo, no big deal. I think it`s the post itself, a great visual and just enough to evoke different things to different people. I have applied two different coatings, Opti Coat 2.0 and CQUK. With regards to the applicator suedes of the CQUK, mine we hardened to nearly the shape of the applicator 24 hours later. What does that mean? I don`t know other than the residual hardened where it had accumulated? I realize that the post talks about CQF, a different product than CQUK.
    So many things unknown if you ask me, although you didn`t ask, but I hope you can understand where I am coming from. I`m not accusing anyone of anything. Post #1 leaves much to the imagination, it says a lot without saying alot, if that makes any sense? Again, show your customers, in your shop, those two pieces of applicators is one thing as a business practice but to post on a forum, well what should we expect? Had more been offered to the post then it`s a different story. An in depth comparison perhaps more that two pictures and 5 sentences?

Secondly, I think it is sad that a Private business conversation between to entities has sort of become fodder for forum discussion. Honestly, it is none of my business what has happened between you and CarPro. It would appear that "axes" are being grinded and folks are upset because of past wrongs or they feel their views and opinions have to be right. It`s not just this forum but in other forums, detailing related or not, as well.

As far as who is a good person, who has credibility, who makes the best chocolate chip cookies, I will say this...I have no reason to believe those posting are rotten people who rip the wings of butterflies and drown kittens. I enjoy reading and learning from everyone here and I would like to learn more about MOH. That is why we are here, right? :-) As someone said in one of the posts, perhaps read your post before hitting the submit button.

Thank you once again Mrs. Lambert and may you and your husband continue to be prosperous!

Steve
    Nice post Steve, and I would have to agree.
    Likes fdresq4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if you knew Mike (I only do from a few brief conversations). You would know he is a stand up, honorable guy. So much so that I FEAR this thread will cause him to stop posting. Know why? The man is booked months maybe even a year in advance and he does not need us. He is here because he has a passion and from what he has helped me with truly enjoys teaching. Go google his name and the business name. He teaches and educates a lot for free. If someone like Mike did not post Geyon I would never have hear about it. Would you? I`m here to learn Bc it`s a hobby. I like to hear what pros are using, what new products are out there`s and then I try what I want.

Sine I started I`ve tried (in order) p21s 100 percent, poorboys ex, BFWD, power lock, UPGP, Permanon, Permanon platinum, opti coat 2.0, EXO v1, EXO v2, I learn about this stuff from pros and there are fewer and fewer posting. Have you noticed.

I don`t know about a stiff applicator proving a good product or not but if I was CQuartz and I was upset as you sumize in your post, I would have posted a stiff CQuartz applicator.

I hope he continues to be active here.

Steve
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Gentlemen-
    My name is Layna Lambert, I am Mike`s wife and I would guess you could say business partner in The Shine Shop as I take care of all the scheduling and accounting.
    For a little background on us - I have known Mike since we were 12 years old. Mike is retired on a line of duty as a Paramedic Supervisor from the Baltimore County Fire Dept with a full pension, I work as an office manager for a landscaping company - why is this important? Because we do not rely on the detailing business to pay our bills.
    We started this business because it made it possible for Mike to follow a life long passion for polishing cars and make it possible for him to share that passion with others. We had to make it an official business in order to be able to carry the mega insurance policy that we carry due to the clientele that we have built. The business supports itself and allows him to do what he loves.
    We are not a production shop, we are a high quality, personalized service shop. We are not a large shop, the shop was built (one bay)attached to our home and we have no employees.
    With such a low overhead we do not need to charge fees that include high profit to cover overhead - simple as that. We have been in business here for almost 16 years now, generally booked a year or more in advance due mainly to return clientele, and feel that we know what the people in our area would consider a good value for their hard earned dollar - in fact I think we have proven it if as others say we are drawing from miles away not only for the quality of Mike`s work but for our fees.
    Carpro was one of several we talked to when we decided to offer coatings several years ago and while Mike liked the product very much I had issues with the mandatory pricing for all the different reasons argued above. After many conversations, emails, etc with Corey we came to an understanding, in writing, that we would price or services as we saw fit - all was right with the world. Since then, other suppliers havebeen requesting that we try and offer their products, but until Gyeon came along there was nothing that we saw that would be of interest to us in place of the CQF. We were starting to consider offering both products -as many of the other CQF installers do - instead of just the CQF.
    At about the same time it was brought to our attention that it was being said that there is no way we could be an authorized dealer and charge only $500.00, leading people to believe that we were in some way mis- representing ourselves or out right ripping people off. After much heated discussion between myself and Corey it was agreed that we also would offer both with us following all the Carpro rules of pricing so that no one else would get their shorts in a bunch.
    However then Carpro had an issue with the fact that we did not give CQF top billing and a full page on our website -which I felt would be a waste of time and web space because we would rarely be able to sell a product at that price -and after much more heated discussion between Corey and myself I decided that The Shine Shop would no longer offer CQF, or it came to at best a mutual break up, I am not sure which - I was extremely distressed at the fact that while I felt we were toeing the Carpro company line, we were still somehow in the wrong in their eyes.
    Which brings us to where we are now - we did not steal business from anyone with our pricing - we price our services based on our area - which is why everyone that works in DC lives up here in B`more - the cost of living is lower. We feel we give an honest value for an honest price for our area and apparently many people agree. We proved it promoting and selling a large amount of product for Carpro and having many happy clients. If that is wrong, so be it.
    We are in no way, nor have we, bashed Carpro or CQF in any way (although it is unfortunate that the posting of those photos was construed that way - it really was just mentioned as a curiosity), when clients ask why we have switched we simply say that we were impressed by newer technology, just like upgrading a phone. We have offered to get CQF for anyone that specifically wants it, as Corey was gracious enough to offer to us, but when told of the increased price they are no longer interested.
    You all do not know me, but if you did you would know that I am honest to the point of being blunt and sometimes extremely unlikable, but this long (sorry) narrative is the entirety of our association and dis-association with Carpro and CQF. No one was dropped, no one hates anyone (I hope), we have simply parted due to irreconcilable differences. Hopefully this will put an end to all of this foolishness, it is wasting a great deal of time for everyone concerned.
    My Hats off to you, you and your husband are awesome people if thats the case. I bill the same rates because I love what I do an I do it as a hobby (I just happen happen to get great clients as well). I`m on the other end of the spectrum though, recently graduated college student who did this to make more than average going to school and doing something that fit my schedule an something I loved. I hope you guys keep doing what you do best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I think that if you knew Mike (I only do from a few brief conversations). You would know he is a stand up, honorable guy. So much so that I FEAR this thread will cause him to stop posting. Know why? The man is booked months maybe even a year in advance and he does not need us. He is here because he has a passion and from what he has helped me with truly enjoys teaching. Go google his name and the business name. He teaches and educates a lot for free. If someone like Mike did not post Geyon I would never have hear about it. Would you? I`m here to learn Bc it`s a hobby. I like to hear what pros are using, what new products are out there`s and then I try what I want.

Sine I started I`ve tried (in order) p21s 100 percent, poorboys ex, BFWD, power lock, UPGP, Permanon, Permanon platinum, opti coat 2.0, EXO v1, EXO v2, I learn about this stuff from pros and there are fewer and fewer posting. Have you noticed.

I don`t know about a stiff applicator proving a good product or not but if I was CQuartz and I was upset as you sumize in your post, I would have posted a stiff CQuartz applicator.

Something tells me Mr. Lambert will continue to post. If he does not, I hope he reconsiders.

I hope he continues to be active here.
    As I stated in my post, I have no reason to think Mr. Lambert is a bad person, a bad businessman, a rip off artists, etc....you are making assumptions that are not even close. I don`t need to Google him, I`ll just read his posts and all that he has to offer...proof enough right there. It appears that it is you,sadly, that has an issue. I offered my opinion as an outsider reading this thread and this thread only.

Fewer Pro`s are posting? Hhhhmmmmm. Ok, if you say so. Maybe they are busy? I can not confirm nor deny.

As far as hearing of Geyon or Gyeon? Which one? Gyeon, as Mr. Lambert addresses, yes. A couple of UK sites and one other site have addressed it. I would like to hear and see more of it.

As far as the stiff applicator goes, the ones I used were tossed a couple of months ago...a couple of days later after using them, in my case. I can`t speak for others. Next time I will save them but again, what does that mean or prove? Sadly I think you have your mind made up already and whatever I may post really doesn`t matter to you..:-(

Perhaps go back and reread my post. I truly hope you have a great rest of the weekend JS. I really really do mean that.
    Likes JSFM35X, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ylu enjoy your weekend as well. What product did you use on the applicator you tossd.

As I stated in my post, I have no reason to think Mr. Lambert is a bad person, a bad businessman, a rip off artists, etc....you are making assumptions that are not even close. I don`t need to Google him, I`ll just read his posts and all that he has to offer...proof enough right there. It appears that it is you,sadly, that has an issue. I offered my opinion as an outsider reading this thread and this thread only.

Fewer Pro`s are posting? Hhhhmmmmm. Ok, if you say so. Maybe they are busy? I can not confirm nor deny.

As far as hearing of Geyon or Gyeon? Which one? Gyeon, as Mr. Lambert addresses, yes. A couple of UK sites and one other site has addressed it.

As far as the stiff applicator goes, the ones I used were tossed a couple of months ago...a couple of days later after using them, in my case. I can`t speak for others. Next time I will save them but again, what does that mean or prove? Sadly I think you have your mind made up already...:-(

Perhaps go back and reread my post. I truly hope you have a great rest of the weekend JS. I really really do mean that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    ylu enjoy your weekend as well. What product did you use on the applicator you tossd.
    CQUK, suede mini cloth wrapped around the block that came with the kit. Hence why in my post I know that the CQF was being discussed so I disclosed I used CQUK.

Opti Coat 2.0 I used the yellow foam applicator. That hardened too. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

CQUK hardens very quickly, I have 3 applicator I checked from last weekend. I do swear by CQ UK honestly. The NY weather loves it.
    Likes fdresq4, CEE DOG liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    CQUK hardens very quickly, I have 3 applicator I checked from last weekend. I do swear by CQ UK honestly. The NY weather loves it.
    But do you love the weather? LOL....That was some ice this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I do honestly. My swedebrick loves this weather, as do my nice 245 blizzaks and boost loves cold

Hot water tap going in the garage this week.

Edit: WE NEED a good 4 ft of snow so I can test out these blizzaks!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the other product...
    I can only speak from experience. ...I coated over 100 cars in 2014....using C quartz...I never experienced the suede going that limp or soft...just saying

Wendell Jarvis
    Vision Detailing
    Richmond, KY.
    859-248-2835

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information