View Poll Results: Vote for your Favorite Rinesless!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss

1 1.35%
  • Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba

0 0%
  • BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash

3 4.05%
  • Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

19 25.68%
  • Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

10 13.51%
  • Adam`s Rinseless Car Wash

2 2.70%
  • Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash (D114)

10 13.51%
  • Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax (D115)

0 0%
  • Duragloss Rinseless Wash

10 13.51%
  • Dodo Juice LOW ON EAU

0 0%
  • Turtle Wax T-8 Rinse-Free Wash and Wax

1 1.35%
  • Other

8 10.81%
  • Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+

10 13.51%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: #1 Favorite Rinseless Product?

At first, I was a bit disappointed in rinseless washing. Now, I rinseless wash almost exclusively. I`ve tired BFRW, ONR (V2 and V3) and ONR-WW. I like ONR-WW best (no surprise there, I guess). I`ve found that all my rinseless washes work better at stronger dilution ratios, basically 1.5X to 2X strength. When I used them at the recommended 1oz per 2 gallons, although the car was cleaned safely, I was not too impressed by the slickness while washing/drying or the look afterwards. The solution just seemed too thin, almost felt like plain water. I assume my local water is moderately heavy, since a stronger mix has improved slickness and looks. Basically, it makes all of them more enjoyable to use.

If I had to rate them: 1)ONR-WW, 2)ONR V3, 3)BFRW, 4)ONR V2

In the future, I might try UWW+ and M115.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m looking for a good and versatile rinseless wash product. I`ve decided to go the rinseless route due to a few reasons. I`ve been looking at a few of them - UWW+, Meguiar`s D114. I already have DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss that I used once last year when I did a rinseless wash. Since then, I haven`t done any rinseless. I actually liked this product - it left the car looking really good. But I`m still open to other products.

When I`m initially going to apply my LSP, I will not use a rinseless wash but will be from then on.

So I`m wondering, when I need to re-apply my LSP, will a rinseless wash with polymers (?) interfere at all with proper bonding of the LSP? If so, will choosing a product without these protectants be better?

I know that Meguar`s D114 rinseless just cleans and does not leave "stuff" behind. The others do. But I`m just wondering if the bonding of an LSP will be that much different when D114 is used compared to some other rinseless wash that has protective elements in it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nav45 View Post
    I`m looking for a good and versatile rinseless wash product. I`ve decided to go the rinseless route due to a few reasons. I`ve been looking at a few of them - UWW+, Meguiar`s D114. I already have DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss that I used once last year when I did a rinseless wash. Since then, I haven`t done any rinseless. I actually liked this product - it left the car looking really good. But I`m still open to other products.

When I`m initially going to apply my LSP, I will not use a rinseless wash but will be from then on.

So I`m wondering, when I need to re-apply my LSP, will a rinseless wash with polymers (?) interfere at all with proper bonding of the LSP? If so, will choosing a product without these protectants be better?

I know that Meguar`s D114 rinseless just cleans and does not leave "stuff" behind. The others do. But I`m just wondering if the bonding of an LSP will be that much different when D114 is used compared to some other rinseless wash that has protective elements in it. Thanks.
    It really depends on what LSP your using. What LSP are you planning on using.

If your talking about a wax then I would say no. Wax simply sits on top and realistically I don`t see any issue.
    If your using a sealant I would say it depends on what it is and if it matches with the rinse-less product your using. Like BFWD would work with the BF rinse-less wash and I would say you are fine. But if your using a different brand I would use something like Meg`s D114 to clean everything and not leave the polymers.

If you doing a coating you need to go with all the prep anyway.

Most of the time if it is time for me to re-apply my protection I do the prep wash and paint cleaning to get my best results. and start over.

Post Thanks / Like

What... no voting slot for the original -- ProtectAll Quick & Easy Wash??

Post Thanks / Like

#1 Favorite Rinseless Product?

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    What... no voting slot for the original -- ProtectAll Quick & Easy Wash??
    OMG !!! I still have a huge bottle of this. I have been adding it to my wash and rinse water to soften it on my two bucket washes.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I have a bottle of that around here somewhere too...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    It really depends on what LSP your using. What LSP are you planning on using.

If your talking about a wax then I would say no. Wax simply sits on top and realistically I don`t see any issue.
    If your using a sealant I would say it depends on what it is and if it matches with the rinse-less product your using. Like BFWD would work with the BF rinse-less wash and I would say you are fine. But if your using a different brand I would use something like Meg`s D114 to clean everything and not leave the polymers.

If you doing a coating you need to go with all the prep anyway.

Most of the time if it is time for me to re-apply my protection I do the prep wash and paint cleaning to get my best results. and start over.
    I`m still not sure what LSP I will be using. I`m going to test a couple of products tomorrow and see how they work.

The D114 seems like a nice product in that it will likely work well with most LSPs. When I used the DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss before I diluted the product in a sprayer and sprayed down the car before using microfiber towels. If I do get this product, I will use the same method. I`m considering the UWW+ as well. Not sure yet. Lots of choices out there, hehe

Thank you Troy Scherer.

Post Thanks / Like

Uww+ is fantastic

Post Thanks / Like

Infinite use detail juice
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Our vehicles here are coated …..so i have been using D114 with excellent results.

I have not yet tried UWW+ but would like to……. how does it do with coatings?

Does it leave anything behind?
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Spline Drive Lugs & Wheel Lock Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TumbleWeed View Post
    Our vehicles here are coated …..so i have been using D114 with excellent results.

I have not yet tried UWW+ but would like to……. how does it do with coatings?

Does it leave anything behind?
    UWW+ is "Boosted by Polycharger" and claims to have UV protection, so yeah, definately leaves something behind. Great stuff, maybe someone can comment on it`s use with coatings, as I`m a wax and occasional sealant user.

Post Thanks / Like

UWWP works great on coatings. While it does leave something behind I have never found it to be enough to be an issue for me. In fact UWWP is one of my fav products and I buy it in the gallon size.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Troy, so, i`m still considering getting a gallon of this UWWP…especially since Father`s Day is right around the corner (hoping for a holiday sale).

I`m still using D114 as my #1 source for washing my coated vehicles.

Mainly because we have such Hard Water here ….(450ppm straight out of the tap)…. that water spots are inevitable.

Especially when mixed with 105-115*F weather everyday here in Arizona.

One of the things that has kept me from trying out UWWP in the past was mainly the price. It costs three times the amount of a gallon of D114.

So I guess the question I have is…… at what ratio do you dilute your UWWP to use as a Rinseless?
    I read somewhere that 1oz for 3 gallons but wanted to make sure!

Thanks again in advance!
    15` M6 GT w/ iELOOP
    Tint 5%
    De-badged
    Splash Guards
    Interior 5k LED`s
    Husky Floor Liners
    Spline Drive Lugs & Wheel Lock Kit

Post Thanks / Like

^ Yes. I use it @ 1oz. with 3gallons of water for rinse-less washing.

I know that the cost of Ultima is a turn off; but if you compare final use price it becomes better.

Ultima: 1oz per 3 Gallon = 384 gallons of rinse-less product @ $90

Megs D114: 1oz per 1 Gallon = 128 gallons of rinse-less product @ $32 (So to get them to be equal you need 3 gallons of D114 @ $96)

But don`t get me wrong I like D114 as well. But I like having UWWP because I can use it for Water-less / Rinse-less / Post wash wipe-down. So I can consolidate 3 product into 1.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lowejackson- Thanks, nice to be appreciated

When I posted about the ONR-brakedust subesequent cleaning thing, Ketcham (where is he anyhow?) said something to the effect that "if I knew more about the polymers in ONR then I wouldn`t have been surprised". But of course I don`t know about such stuff and I certainly *was* surprised since *SO* many people use ONR for stuff like this with no reports of issues like mine.

Heh heh, seemed like everything I tried, detailing-wise, with ONR bit me! I`m using up my gallon of it for household jobs and it`s working out great for that...so for the record I`m no ONR-hater.
    I bought a bottle of Version 2 ONR. Two things I noticed, the polymers stuck to the wash mitt and so did the dirt. Some think that`s a good thing, I`m not so sure. QEW and TW rinseless release dirt better. The second thing I`ve noticed is that pollen and rain fall out stick to the surface, especially if I used a strong solution as a spray and wipe. The Duragloss rinseless intriques me. I`d like to try it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information