View Poll Results: Vote for your Favorite Rinesless!

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss

1 1.35%
  • Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba

0 0%
  • BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Rinseless Wash

3 4.05%
  • Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

19 25.68%
  • Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

10 13.51%
  • Adam`s Rinseless Car Wash

2 2.70%
  • Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash (D114)

10 13.51%
  • Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax (D115)

0 0%
  • Duragloss Rinseless Wash

10 13.51%
  • Dodo Juice LOW ON EAU

0 0%
  • Turtle Wax T-8 Rinse-Free Wash and Wax

1 1.35%
  • Other

8 10.81%
  • Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+

10 13.51%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: #1 Favorite Rinseless Product?

I chose Adam`s because it`s very concentrated and fairly cost effective. One ounce is plenty for 2-3 gallons of rinseless, or 1 16oz bottle makes 2 gallons of waterless. That`s nowhere near as good as UWW+, but I think the Adam`s feels slicker. It just works well.

Post Thanks / Like

I love megs RFEW. Haven`t found anything that actually releases dirt from your wash media better than RFEW. I actually like to add an ounce or two to my rinse bucket when doing a regular wash to help release dirt.

I also kinda like how it suds up a little bit

Post Thanks / Like

Lowejackson- The effect that the IUDJ had on my brakes (from gettting what must`ve been a fair bit of it on the rotors) was surprisingly dramatic. WAY more severe than I would`ve ever imagined.

And I used to clean wheels with ONR (v2.0) between washes, but it seemed to react badly with my brake pads, making subsequent cleanups a terrible chore. No such problems with the IUDJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lowejackson- The effect that the IUDJ had on my brakes (from gettting what must`ve been a fair bit of it on the rotors) was surprisingly dramatic. WAY more severe than I would`ve ever imagined.

And I used to clean wheels with ONR (v2.0) between washes, but it seemed to react badly with my brake pads, making subsequent cleanups a terrible chore. No such problems with the IUDJ.
    Is this the board hair brush you use for your traditional washes? Montana brush...

image.jpg
    "Courage is being afraid but saddling up anyways." - John Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

NO, that`s *not* the one I use.

I use their conventional (no hole-for-pole) ones, both the regular one (sold by Autogeek as the "Montana") and their softer "blonde" one (sold on the Universal Brush website).

The ones made for the pole don`t seem as soft and I find the longer bristles are *not* a benefit for what I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Cannot remember reading any similar problems to this but I guess it just goes to show there is no single universal product.

On a side note, it is nice to be reading your posts again

Post Thanks / Like

Lowejackson- Thanks, nice to be appreciated

When I posted about the ONR-brakedust subesequent cleaning thing, Ketcham (where is he anyhow?) said something to the effect that "if I knew more about the polymers in ONR then I wouldn`t have been surprised". But of course I don`t know about such stuff and I certainly *was* surprised since *SO* many people use ONR for stuff like this with no reports of issues like mine.

Heh heh, seemed like everything I tried, detailing-wise, with ONR bit me! I`m using up my gallon of it for household jobs and it`s working out great for that...so for the record I`m no ONR-hater.
    Likes Lowejackson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Ya know, I`m sorta surprised that I`m the only person who mentioned it! While I haven`t tried very many rinseless products, and I`m generally rather harshly negative about the whole topic (I *NEVER* wash with only a rinseless, only use it for the final stage of the wash, even if I`m only cleaning off "garage dust"), this product has *really* impressed me, especially when mixed up at a rather potent concentration. I`ll probably quit usint QDs entirely (in favor of IUDJ) if/when I ever use up all my current stockpile.

Note about the stuff it leaves behind- I actually have to watch out for getting it on brake rotors lest it impact my braking performance for a few stops.
    I would say that the "surprise" is because most do-it-your-selfers simply have not tried IUDJ due to its expense. I am not saying it`s not worth the price of admission. It`s just that I, for one, am a frugal (AKA, cheap) detailer and feel there are more cost-effective rinseless washes that can be used. That`s not to say I would not like to try UIDJ and see for myself the results and how good really is. I have always valued and respected your opinion(s) on any product(s) you have or are using.

By the way, what dilution ration of water-to-IUDJ do you use for:
    1) Washing
    2) As a "quick-detailer" spray
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Yeah, I have to chuckle about how I happily pay throught the nose for some things but can be such a cheapskate when it comes to others!

I`d be interested to hear how fans of other/cheaper rinseless products feel about the IUDJ, I`m just basically in the "not broken, don`t fix" mindset about it. Plus I like supporting Garry, especially given my customer service experience with him.

With the IUDJ, I mix it roughly (I`m none too precise about it, erring on the side of "stronger") as follows:

1) Washing- 2 oz. IUDJ/1 gallon water
    2) QDing- 3 oz./1 gallon water

Note that things are awfully clean by the time I use it for washing, so much so that I might oughta put that "washing" in scare-quotes. It`s not like my wash medium looks soiled after I`ve used it. And I`m currently using distilled water instead of deionized...just got into the habit when my CRS was basically retired for the non-Winter months (didn`t want to recharge it until it`d be in regular use).

Post Thanks / Like

1. ONR Wash and shine.
    2. Ultima WWP+
    3. Megs D115

Post Thanks / Like

DG rinseless w/Aquawax and it ain`t even close, MegsD114/D115 second choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Recently tried UWW+ and that is my #1 choice right now. I had used 3 others in the past that were in the poll.

Post Thanks / Like

ONR for details, ONR WW for straight washes. I also use it as my glass cleaner/QD/clay lube, cleans light carpet stains, removes that grime on steering wheels better than anything else I`ve used, cleans headliners...very versatile product!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer
    Likes Tom E IL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Only have tried DP rinseless and BF rinseless and can`t say I like either one. I bought them to use for the winter months to wash in the garage. I first tried DP and got nothing but smears and then decided to try BF rinsless and got the same results. I gave up and use them to make a detail spray now and just go to the car wash and wash the car like I have in the past with my other vehicles. Have not been convince that rinseless is the way to go in the climate I live in. Either does seem to work fine to finish what road grime the car wash doesn`t seem to remove and would use the BF rinsless over the DP for this as a detail spray.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

ONR cleans way more than you might think...

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer
    Likes XxBoostinxX, mshu7 liked this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information